Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 07-01-2024, 03:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajradhara
Hello unseeking seeker, What are the four noble truths? I am interested to know this.

The theory is on the net. Here’s what Google search shows ~ https://www.pbs.org/edens/thailand/buddhism.htm

There are several people on this forum who know the nuances of Buddhism and various interpretations etc. I do not ‘study’ scriptures although I’ve read a bit here and there to satisfy curiosity of lower mind. In my view, silence is the best teacher, resting in thought rested stillness and discarding all concepts and past conditioning, just resting in the vibrant void of no-thingness as an ever present orientation.
Old 07-01-2024, 11:27 AM
Master

UnseekingS……” In my view, silence is the best teacher, resting in thought rested stillness and discarding all concepts and past conditioning, just resting in the vibrant void of no-thingness as an ever present orientation.”

Yes that is my view also.
Old 07-01-2024, 07:12 PM
Seeker

Free of suffering

Thank you sky!
Old 30-03-2024, 08:50 AM
Newbie ;)

The first step is to forgive those who hurt us. Forgiveness. Or at least Tolerance. Because there is a quotation "Resentment is a poison you feed to yourself in hopes that it will hurt somebody else."
Old 30-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbage1952
"Resentment is a poison you feed to yourself in hopes that it will hurt somebody else."
Yes, I agree, Cribbage!
I bet my sister never heard this, thanks for the reminder.
A couple, her in-laws, really hurt her, repeatedly..it's a tuff one to get over for her.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-04-2024, 01:02 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, I agree, Cribbage!
I bet my sister never heard this, thanks for the reminder.
A couple, her in-laws, really hurt her, repeatedly..it's a tuff one to get over for her.
Namaste, Miss Hepburn, we are on the same wavelength.
In Buddhism, I've learned that when other people hurt me--that if I do good for those who hurt me, then I increase my good karma points.
Old 02-04-2024, 07:15 AM
Master
Forgiveness.

Forgiveness starts within 'us' we should fully prepare the correct environment in which forgiveness starts which is ourselves.
If we can't forgive ourselves how can we forgive others....
Imo only.
Old 03-04-2024, 03:01 AM
Master
Forgiveness is a self healing tool with Ho’oponopono being a great practice but yet it requires an entity (us) that forgives or pardons another entity which caused harm, in as perceived and then the sense of hurt being amplified by repeated thoughts.

Stepping back, looking at the sense of injury, the belied expectation arises only in human to human contact. If an animal or insect or reptile injures us we do not cling to the sense of hurt and so we just shrug and move on. There is no need to forgive.

So, the fault line is the way we look at other forms. We see outer appearance only and not the soul or spirit indwelling it. If a lower life form is bestowed with a human body for experience, it will continue to behave as of its samskaras* (* past tendencies). Thus, if we accept that knowing no better, it can do no better at its present state of evolution, we do not feel sense of injury, thus obviating the need to forgive.

In my view, forgiveness is passé, best replaced with acceptance. This said, we should obviously safeguard ourself if possible. There is no need to trauma bond.
Old 03-04-2024, 05:21 AM
Master

I'm not sure I understand the idea of forgiving someone that harmed me. Like if I was camping and a bear came and stole all my food, would I feel like I needed to forgive the bear? The bear was just acting according to it's nature. I feel the same way about people that hurt me. I was obviously very hurt but I don't think I am angry at them. I just stay as far away as possible from them as I now know their nature and how it acts towards me. I could also call their nature their ego I suppose. It's just overall how their mind, consciousness, awareness (or lack thereof) is. One I know is very delusional by nature. She makes up horrible ideas in her mind about others and believes it to be facts. A very toxic individual.

Now that I think of it some people do get mad at animals. Herman Melville's Moby **** is the story of Captain Ahab's self-destructive obsession with the white whale called Moby ****. It is told through the narration of Ishmael, a sailor new to Ahab's ship, the Pequod. The plot of the novel follows Ahab's manic drive to kill the whale, even as it endangers his crew. Captain Ahab needed to see the whale was just acting according to it's nature. Any harm done was not personal.
Old 03-04-2024, 05:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
If an animal or insect or reptile injures us we do not cling to the sense of hurt and so we just shrug and move on. There is no need to forgive.

Ah I just read your post and I see we were thinking much the same.