Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
…less on energy and more on how can I be a better person in this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
It has nothing to do with energy, but attitudes.

Quote:
…focus on your own attitude and behavior rather than energy

Please explain in each case how they (energy vs. attitude) are different or mutually exclusive? I just don't see it. Further in that vein...

Per the OP, the quotes are really describing what prayer essentially is: a focus on attitude (or, orientation).
So if prayer doesn’t work, why suggest as the quotes imply, that approach to life?

While it is true that each individual must ultimately be responsible for their own actions, it is also true that the actions of individuals may - or unavoidably do - have an affect on other individuals, who are also responsible for their own actions or reactions. And on it goes…

That includes the following and (the associated prayers):
good reactions to good actions (gratitude)
Bad reactions to good actions (___-off, I don’t need your help)
good reactions to bad actions (I forgive you)
and
bad reactions to bad actions ( _______ happened to me and I want to focus on and perpetuate that internally. I’m bitter and can’t or won’t change my attitude) That is a form of prayer,
as is this:

"treat others the same way they treat you"
That prayer does work, even if it is not as satisfying as:

Quote:
...treat others [...] how you wish to be treated.
More satisfying still, and also an effective prayer:

How about: Treat yourself the way you would want others to treat you.

Old 19-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Acts 26:6 "And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers". Do you feel judged? Do you judge or condemn others?

1 Corinthians 2:15
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

What do you understand by this?
Old 19-07-2019, 04:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
That didn't make much sense but okay then. I don't see how my body is a 'den of sin' though. Yes, occasionally I like a drink, but I don't bother anyone. Yes, I'm a blasphemous a.hole, but blasphemy is a victimless crime. If your god's self-esteem is under fire each time I say something blasphemous, then he simply needs to grow up.

But fair enough, thanks anyway.

God still loves you regardless of what you would say or do. Certainly, you couldn't be worse than Apostle Paul.
Old 19-07-2019, 04:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Treat*yourself*the way you would want others to treat you.
..........Oh yes.
Old 19-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
1 Corinthians 2:15
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

What do you understand by this?

Lots of questions in our posts but no answers which is fine. All the best to you.
Old 19-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Lots of questions in our posts but no answers which is fine. All the best to you.

What do you believe in? Anything you worship? Religion or otherwise?
Old 19-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:

They only answers with biblical quotes
Old 19-07-2019, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
What do you believe in? Anything you worship? Religion or otherwise?

Would you like to answer Post 72 please.
Old 19-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
They only answers with biblical quotes
What else did you expected?
Old 19-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Deactivated Account

Be perfect as your Father is perfect. We are all born into sin, but in order to be perfect, you need Christ. Otherwise, one will keep searching until they settle on some cushion.

The true meaning of Christianity is this; belief is not the answer. You have to abide in His Word, and you will truly be His disciples. And you shall know the Truth and the Truth will make you free. Anyone can believe in Jesus Christ, but that doesn't make one a Christian. One has to abide in His Word. This Word is like a Light, you rest in this Light which is beyond description. This Light contains everything that ever was, is and will be in future. You name it, it's there. And this Light somehow is in all things and holds them together. Now, I didn't search out the Light, the Light searched for me.

The Truth cannot be found in flesh and blood which rots. Any practice, tradition, belief system etc that was founded from the base of flesh and blood will rot like it. Then being born of the flesh will not lead one anywhere, and this is where the Spirit comes in. To be born of the Spirit means to be born of that which created everything including flesh and blood. And by the Lights Spirit, we are lifted up into the Truth and made to see the Light. The Spirit Is the key. This is what makes one born again, this is what makes one a Christian.

And that is what leads us to Prayer, desiring this Completion, this freedom that only the True Light gives. I know many lights, many truths; but this True Light, this Jesus Christ, this Freedom... This is worth praying for. This prayer is always answered if one has the Faith. The Power of Prayer is in Faith.