Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 01-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Rumar

Paranormal Activity

Let's just push both the movie and it's prequel/sequel in this section, let me clear this up first...

WARNING - SPOILERS

Better, lol
Let's discuss it, IMO, it was way over-hyped, the whole demon was weird, of course the perception that all demons are evil and out after your soul (which would be a waste of time, souls are everywhere and if one is too stubborn and hard to obtain they can easily turn the corner for an easier subject if we're going to focus on soul eaters or whatever else) fuels this series.

By the way it's going, there will be a third unless budgets weren't good enough this film. First one had more popularity because it was "fun" to scream at whatever occured. The whole startle effect reigns in this film and in the 2nd one, even moreso in the 2nd one because the demon (with dinosaur footprints) is a lot more active.

2nd one starts off 60 days before Micah's (spelling?) death and then overlaps the events of the first to show how it came to be JUST before the events of the 1st film, you'll see the opening part of the first film of her pulling into the house and seeing the camera for the first time, then time jumps again to the moment of the finale of the 2nd where it connects the 1st film.

The first film it's just the adventures of this couple who has a specified demon coming for her soul. The 2nd one is all about the child, apparently a family member in the past made a deal with the demon to get rich and had to offer up the soul of the first born son. Here's where the story kicks in and is all understandable. This film was as bad as I expected it to be, only reason why I went to watch is because my friends wanted a "scary" movie for Halloween. I warned them and they complained after the movie, don't worry, I did NOT brag or got all snotty because I was right (the whole "I told you so" is SO last year )

I don't want to spoil too much, but I might as well because this film doesn't even get a 5/10 rating. If you watched the 1st film, you know they will try the typical scare tactic, every night there's activity and probably once or twice during the day like the first one. They over look obvious settings like the 1st, and you can tell you're going to witness the demon's actions by the flat noise in the background and the certain fog sound effect (i would say white noise but it's not white noise effect). So of course the stomping etc, get used to it
Old 02-11-2010, 02:48 AM
Snowboarder420

I feel exactly the same It was cheaply made I keep believe they made a sequel.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:24 AM
Administrator
Hello

Review to FOLLOW from me.....Going in a few minutes to it.....

Ready for a BUMMER.....as I am a Medium and know what is what for the most part....

Lynn
Old 10-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Cosmix

I've only seen the first and I was hyped up to get really scared from all the commercials and what people had to say about it. Sadly, it wasn't that scary. The guy and girl screaming bloody murder at the end was a little unnerving but that was it. I also couldn't get over how dumb/ridiculous the guy was being.

I guess it was good for a $10,000 budget film.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Ciqala

The worst movie ever made, in my opinion of being an avid thriller and horror watcher, it was not scary at all, not to mention if it is real, there have been way better real horror documents than the highlight of a door opening by itself.
Old 15-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Uhmar

I thought is was terrible....bored me to tears