Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Knower
Where is the heart of the mind?

Where is the heart of the mind? Like is it the center of the brain or the frontal lobes or the chakra in the middle of the head, or what. I think I know where it is.

Peace!
Old 26-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Humm

It has been theorized it is the pineal gland - that is where the 'third eye' is supposed to be centered - but I don't really know.
Old 26-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Henri77

Are you asking ,where mind connects to the brain?
Just what are you thinking , by "the heart"
It might encourage better replies if you could be more specific.

Consciousness can move within the brain or body, so folks might be somewhat different, how they perceive their world, and from what location.

I tend to imagine the Christmind at-near the pineal gland.
Old 26-04-2012, 11:10 PM
silent whisper

In the heart....maybe.....depending on how one perceives your words.
Old 26-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Henri77

Yes, if you mean the heartmind...it's said to be in the physical heart.
And our consciousness can move, operate from that location.

The heartmath institute has some interesting discoveries about this.
Old 26-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Yes, if you mean the heartmind...it's said to be in the physical heart.
And our consciousness can move, operate from that location.

The heartmath institute has some interesting discoveries about this.
Got link?
Old 27-04-2012, 04:06 AM
Henri77

http://www.heartmath.org/

Well, Drunvalo http://www.drunvalo.net/
goes into this quite deeply in his workshop and book
(Living in the Heart) as it's essential to his meditation, and this meditation comes from indigenous cultures, (Kahuna, Mayan and Kogi)

But the Heart Math institute stresses the heart energy field and has done scientific research on this (but doesn't deal with meditation or creation from the heart) in the manner Drunvalo does.

Yet their studies and methods focus on benefits of heart centered living, and explain why the hearts intelligence plays a vital role in a balanced human.
Old 27-04-2012, 04:51 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralProjectee
Where is the heart of the mind? Like is it the center of the brain or the frontal lobes or the chakra in the middle of the head, or what. I think I know where it is.

Peace!
Mind is not confined/defined by the physical body.. the physical body is a unique point of reference, and a conveniently identifiable 'pattern' of energetic signatures..

As a useful analogy: there is one mind, shared by each one according to their 'individual' levels of awareness..

Be well..
Old 27-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Natalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Mind is not confined/defined by the physical body.. the physical body is a unique point of reference, and a conveniently identifiable 'pattern' of energetic signatures..

As a useful analogy: there is one mind, shared by each one according to their 'individual' levels of awareness..

Be well..

Sure is a useful analogy. The question of this thread provokes thought. It could come from my heart to answer it and form in my mind before speaking it.
Old 27-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Henri77

What really matters, is that the heart is actually another brain, physiologically.

Rather primitive as it doesn't think, form symbols, yet communicates with the universe, others, the earth. And is the location of "the god within" (our natural connection with the universe) rather than the brain.

The heartmath research scientifically verifies this ....and that the heart produces an energy field many many times more powerful than the brain.

Before we had language, we were guided by the heart. Something many ancient cultures still know, and practice.

Mind-rationality has nearly destroyed our home planet.. as we've lost-forgotten our connection with the hearts wisdom,