Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-05-2019, 02:20 AM
Master

If we believe we are weak ... it is so

If we know that we are God’s children and are blessed always ... it is so

We must choose then ... with unwavering resolve, our state of being, right down to our reflex response.

There is no limitation save those we create in our own minds.

There is no darkness that can touch us unless we invite it by our egoic fears & desires ... attachment to outcomes with us as a separate identity so seeking.

Once we know that we are the Absolute formlessness in this body form, senses & thought align with our awareness ... not the other way around.

Creativity is linked to intuition. While employing intuition, there is no doer, since we ‘go beyond, within’ ... it is always accessible, should we choose, without hesitation or doubt, to connect.

Love & Light

Old 31-05-2019, 09:11 AM
Lorelyen

It's a state of mind thing. If you've convinced yourself that you're prone to creative block then creative block you'll probably suffer. I suffer it too (alas too frequently for my comfort) but I always think of it as temporary, a consequence of one or more of many things like:

- I'm not in the mood (often that's about process rather than "can't think up what the result should be" or "can't think how to start")
- I know what I have to do but can't work out how to start
- The object (process and/or result) is at the present time uninspiring
- I need to recharge - break away from it altogether
- the idea was fleeting and evaporated before I could notate anything about it.
Sometimes it's because I have other things to do like keep fit classes....
and on.

I work in multimedia. Mostly sound but sometimes video. As a hack I have to meet deadlines so should a block occur I use any means to break it, usually just getting away from it for a bit. I know myself in this respect - it will get done - an affirmation maybe but I rarely have to affirm deliberately these days. I tend to work intensely when I start so everything else has to take second place. I just take breaks through the day as necessary.

As regards personal work, creating as an outpouring of self-expression, I wait for the inspiration knowing it'll turn up in time. This is the situation where I have something to "say" but haven't worked out how to get started. I grab it when it comes - could be just a musical chord instrumented in a certain way; maybe a "people" situation; a daydream- and it may not manifest further straight away.

There is nothing worse than staring at a blank DAW (digital audio work-station), Word screen; music paper or drawing pad; canvas or sitting at the piano thinking "what on earth shall I do?" (That was a blight of college - create to order). Whether hack work of self-expression an idea is needed to make a start. If there's anything that amplifies a feeling of block it's that.

So I think if you change your view to "it's only temporary"; keep your notepad handy; keep a mood book...whatever you find helpful so that when the prompt comes, catch it, things might ease up. Give yourself time to recharge - take yourself away from creative endeavours for a while. Just float around free - enjoy people and the creations of others for a while.

Just my view.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:19 AM
Master
QUOTE=ThatMan]@JustBe Thank you for answering me! The problem is that I always feel drained, I spend weeks without creating a single thing because I just can't, there no creativity in me, and then, after some good time, finally I have a good day, a day when that pain isn't there and I can create freely.Today was one of those very rare days, I am thinking to go to sleep close to dawn, I feel so good, this is the real me, full of energy and creativity! I am so happy, finally :)) I love to create all kind of things, poems, draws, computer games, stories, designs for websites and so on, the list is very long :)) I love to create things.. it's such an amazing feeling to create something from nothing...

It’s normal to not be in flow to learn flow differently. To be inspired differently, live differently. We are not machines, we are humans with more complete needs beyond just creativity. The body needs renewing and reconnection in new ways to be inspired and create new things. Sitting in nature just “being” doing nothing but engaged in nature’s connections can inspire.

Personally I feel your suffering burnout from those creative surge times where your obviously doing from dusk till dawn.

It’s easy to get attached to those “feel good” feelings when we are creating in deep flow and creations. It feels “great”, but I will emphasise balance in those surge times is what will bring creativity into balance over long periods rather than immersion for short periods of intense flow.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:17 PM
Knower

The Muse, she works in mysterious ways. The heads and tails of it, with an in-between equally enigmatic.

I hesitate to use the word “power” in my own case, as I do not seek to control it nor have any illusions about being in control of it, but tend to go with the flow. Whenever she leaves, I feel an inner absence and wonder as to the reason for her temporary departure, knowing full well she will one day return to once again infuse me with creative juice.

This juice is the energy that moves me to creative action, without which I am just a limp tool without a power source. The act of creating is just as important to me as the final result, as it’s a way in which this spirit of mine is recharged. Thus, I tend to create whenever “the spirit moves me,” and often this is no mere figure of speech. Sometimes the surge is so moving that in these moments I feel at one with some divine intelligence. The doorway for me into this collaborative realm has always been one of imagination, which I’ve possessed since early childhood when I began to indite and craft.

In fact, it’s been said that inspiration comes to those who are in a sense passive beings, much like the medium must be in a passive state in order for otherworldly entities to merge with her psyche so as to communicate.

Any Tom, Richard and Carrie can procreate, as mammals and other bonobo-wannabes attest to this. Aesthetic creation is one of the things that separates us from the horny beasts. It matters little if one is talented in the eyes of others, so long as the quill, brush, or clavier is at least given heed to. A young child presents his parents with a scribbling that in his own eyes is perceived as artwork. And so it is. The sad reality remains that with adulthood often comes a closing of the imaginal portal, in which people willingly become “stuck” in a staid and pragmatic non-creative rut for life.

For the aesthetic creators among us, continual productivity is an unrealistic notion. There are peaks and valleys and even prolonged dry spells. Creative walls at times suddenly appear out of nowhere where once an expanse of open possibilities had existed. Even the most prolific of writers occasionally experience writer’s block. Ghost writers included. How to account for these dry periods? Does it necessarily have to involve energy-consumers or psychic vampires?

I reckon the most fundamental force of all that preys almost constantly on the creative spirit of the aesthetic to be gravity itself. That is to say, it’s just the way things are in this dimension. Human imagination is thought to be limitless and there are theorists who entertain the possibility of other realities, incorporeal as they are, where anything the mind is able to conceive potentially has the means of “materializing” into being. Talk about being at 100%!

For me, it’s not how prolific a creator is that counts the most, but how much love and/or effort he puts into his creations, even if these are few. A favorite auteur of mine, for example, only made three films during his directorial career but these were so well-made and inventive that I watch them repeatedly; whereas, say, in the music industry there are bands who don’t know when to call it quits and instead of going out on a high note continue to churn out same-sounding, lackluster, even sub-par, efforts year in and year out. It is also said of writers that the sign of an amateur is one whose output far outweighs his input.

However, when one’s aesthetic creative energy is drastically lessened or goes AWOL, any number of prosaic explanations may be involved, ranging from one’s circumstances, the vicissitudes of life, mood swings, to poverty, noise, riches, and interruptions.

Poverty: It’s a psychological no-brainer that one needs two feet firmly rooted in order to blossom intellectually or creatively. Usually, one’s physical needs must first be met and a stable foundation in place before the mind can relax and take to woolgathering & doodling & jamming. Affluence: Usually, the more materialistic one is, the less spiritually creative one is.

I do believe that interdimensional psychic vampires exist and I’ve on occasion attributed my own zappings in spiritual energy to such forces but never have I thought creative blockage to be the result of conscious benighted drainage.

For me, the workaday world, however necessary it is for one’s physical welfare, is one of the greatest of hindrances to my spiritual state. This particular treadmill that keeps many of us in a perpetual state of running on autopilot may be no conscious attempt to keep the masses from turning within and hence from personal development but nevertheless I always feel whenever in its absence – especially if spent alone in mentation and self-expression – a noticeable uplifting of spirit and begin to realize just how oblivious many of us are to being conditioned (and spiritually and creatively drained) amidst the daily grind, kept perpetually busy and distracted, with often no time and energy left for other important matters as psychological incubation (i.e. sorting through all the stimuli) and gestation (i.e. mulling over one’s culled thoughts and feelings, that breed illumination) that are key components in maintaining one's sense of being as an independent entity.

Aesthetic creations, after all, are products of individuals, seldom groups. Eureka! As with inventions – another receptive affair also thought by some to be a relationship between a passive mental state and a spirited gravitational force, a bonneted bee which generally cannot be summoned and willed into being.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:17 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
The Muse, she works in mysterious ways. The heads and tails of it, with an in-between equally enigmatic.

I hesitate to use the word “power” in my own case, as I do not seek to control it nor have any illusions about being in control of it, but tend to go with the flow. Whenever she leaves, I feel an inner absence and wonder as to the reason for her temporary departure, knowing full well she will one day return to once again infuse me with creative juice.

This juice is the energy that moves me to creative action, without which I am just a limp tool without a power source. The act of creating is just as important to me as the final result, as it’s a way in which this spirit of mine is recharged. Thus, I tend to create whenever “the spirit moves me,” and often this is no mere figure of speech. Sometimes the surge is so moving that in these moments I feel at one with some divine intelligence. The doorway for me into this collaborative realm has always been one of imagination, which I’ve possessed since early childhood when I began to indite and craft.

In fact, it’s been said that inspiration comes to those who are in a sense passive beings, much like the medium must be in a passive state in order for otherworldly entities to merge with her psyche so as to communicate.

Any Tom, Richard and Carrie can procreate, as mammals and other bonobo-wannabes attest to this. Aesthetic creation is one of the things that separates us from the horny beasts. It matters little if one is talented in the eyes of others, so long as the quill, brush, or clavier is at least given heed to. A young child presents his parents with a scribbling that in his own eyes is perceived as artwork. And so it is. The sad reality remains that with adulthood often comes a closing of the imaginal portal, in which people willingly become “stuck” in a staid and pragmatic non-creative rut for life.

For the aesthetic creators among us, continual productivity is an unrealistic notion. There are peaks and valleys and even prolonged dry spells. Creative walls at times suddenly appear out of nowhere where once an expanse of open possibilities had existed. Even the most prolific of writers occasionally experience writer’s block. Ghost writers included. How to account for these dry periods? Does it necessarily have to involve energy-consumers or psychic vampires?

I reckon the most fundamental force of all that preys almost constantly on the creative spirit of the aesthetic to be gravity itself. That is to say, it’s just the way things are in this dimension. Human imagination is thought to be limitless and there are theorists who entertain the possibility of other realities, incorporeal as they are, where anything the mind is able to conceive potentially has the means of “materializing” into being. Talk about being at 100%!

For me, it’s not how prolific a creator is that counts the most, but how much love and/or effort he puts into his creations, even if these are few. A favorite auteur of mine, for example, only made three films during his directorial career but these were so well-made and inventive that I watch them repeatedly; whereas, say, in the music industry there are bands who don’t know when to call it quits and instead of going out on a high note continue to churn out same-sounding, lackluster, even sub-par, efforts year in and year out. It is also said of writers that the sign of an amateur is one whose output far outweighs his input.

However, when one’s aesthetic creative energy is drastically lessened or goes AWOL, any number of prosaic explanations may be involved, ranging from one’s circumstances, the vicissitudes of life, mood swings, to poverty, noise, riches, and interruptions.

Poverty: It’s a psychological no-brainer that one needs two feet firmly rooted in order to blossom intellectually or creatively. Usually, one’s physical needs must first be met and a stable foundation in place before the mind can relax and take to woolgathering & doodling & jamming. Affluence: Usually, the more materialistic one is, the less spiritually creative one is.

I do believe that interdimensional psychic vampires exist and I’ve on occasion attributed my own zappings in spiritual energy to such forces but never have I thought creative blockage to be the result of conscious benighted drainage.

For me, the workaday world, however necessary it is for one’s physical welfare, is one of the greatest of hindrances to my spiritual state. This particular treadmill that keeps many of us in a perpetual state of running on autopilot may be no conscious attempt to keep the masses from turning within and hence from personal development but nevertheless I always feel whenever in its absence – especially if spent alone in mentation and self-expression – a noticeable uplifting of spirit and begin to realize just how oblivious many of us are to being conditioned (and spiritually and creatively drained) amidst the daily grind, kept perpetually busy and distracted, with often no time and energy left for other important matters as psychological incubation (i.e. sorting through all the stimuli) and gestation (i.e. mulling over one’s culled thoughts and feelings, that breed illumination) that are key components in maintaining one's sense of being as an independent entity.

Aesthetic creations, after all, are products of individuals, seldom groups. Eureka! As with inventions – another receptive affair also thought by some to be a relationship between a passive mental state and a spirited gravitational force, a bonneted bee which generally cannot be summoned and willed into being.

Thank you.

Namaste.