Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Master

I changed my mind. I think it is a good idea to read different ap books. You can get good ideas. You might think I do not like that but I like what he or she says about that. You may not agree with everything the author says but that does not matter.
I just read the reviews of Erin Pavlina. The reviews were very good. We all have different likes and dislikes. People like different things.
Old 16-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I changed my mind. I think it is a good idea to read different ap books. You can get good ideas. You might think I do not like that but I like what he or she says about that. You may not agree with everything the author says but that does not matter.
I just read the reviews of Erin Pavlina. The reviews were very good. We all have different likes and dislikes. People like different things.

i have erin's book on my kindle, it was really good. at least i thought so. I've watched a lot of videos on youtube from steve g jones too. i like most of what he does, but not enough to spend all the money on his "program" lol
Old 16-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Master

Thanks for that coreconfusion. I am curious. I would like to read Erin's book. I will get the book.
Old 18-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy

Well,i disagree. People like different things,i prefer to sift,some do not. I do not support people who give me bad vibes. Anyone can write a book. Just like i sift what thoughts to think,or try to,and what lyrics in music to listen to,what movies,i do the same with books. I'd rather not have my mind affected with things that that are negative or won't affect me how i want to be affected. I do not think just because you have an interest in something,you should read everything on the topic. That is a misconception. So many people get so caught up in books,and never apply things just have a bunch of intellectual concepts. Nevertheless,it illustrates a smart marketing point to me i can use perhaps later how people who produce things that are very niche make money. By the diehards who will purchase anything pertaining to the topic. It's also very easy to get good reviews. People get paid to write good reviews,bloggers get free copies in exchange for good reviews,and friends and family write reviews. Sometimes,you can even pay to have bad reviews tooken off of certain sites.
Old 19-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
Well,i disagree. People like different things,i prefer to sift,some do not. I do not support people who give me bad vibes. Anyone can write a book. Just like i sift what thoughts to think,or try to,and what lyrics in music to listen to,what movies,i do the same with books. I'd rather not have my mind affected with things that that are negative or won't affect me how i want to be affected. I do not think just because you have an interest in something,you should read everything on the topic. That is a misconception. So many people get so caught up in books,and never apply things just have a bunch of intellectual concepts. Nevertheless,it illustrates a smart marketing point to me i can use perhaps later how people who produce things that are very niche make money. By the diehards who will purchase anything pertaining to the topic. It's also very easy to get good reviews. People get paid to write good reviews,bloggers get free copies in exchange for good reviews,and friends and family write reviews. Sometimes,you can even pay to have bad reviews tooken off of certain sites.
I agree with everything you said. It is not a good idea if you read books that you have a bad vibe. Some authors are not very good. You will like Buhlman books. He is sensible and I feel he is honest. All the books and ap courses may not help you to ap. What helps the most is practicing to ap. I know you know that. Over the years I got some ap books. I buy them because they can be fun to read. If I am lucky I can get a few good ideas that can help with ap. A few books I got were rubbish. I like what you said: " I'd rather not have my mind affected with things that that are negative or won't affect me how i want to be affected." It is a shame not everyone thinks like you.
Old 19-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Master

One more thing to say, I think the author of that book Erin Pavlina talks about a chapter on entities. I will not be reading that. As I said before I pick and choose what I read. If I think it is rubbish I will not read it. If I can get something out of it then that will be nice. She also has another chapter on something else which is ridiculous. I will not be reading that as well.
Old 19-06-2014, 04:24 PM
CNC

Erin makes a great point about negative entities and people that think they are all made up in your head. She states how could thousands of people around the world see the same things, without prior knowledge of them. I have tried to explain this to people as well. Over 25 years ago, long before internet, I saw negative things while OOB that I knew nothing about and had no prior knowledge of. How can I make up the old hag or similar famous dark entities so similar to other people, when I was just a kid that knew nothing about any of this stuff. Im not out to prove anything though right now, I just like that she acknowledged that little fact in her book, since it is very overlooked by a lot of people :)
Old 19-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Pathfinder

not reading a chapter about negative entities is ignorant in my opinion. not only does she explain them, she explains how to protect yourself against them and fight them....you're going to encounter them, so why not learn as much about them as you can? choosing to not read about them is not going to help you when you encounter them....
Old 19-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Master

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I do not want to read things that can stay on my mind. If I do then it is more likely that I will see awful things. As I said before, I have seen awful things not when I am out of my body, when I have been meditating. I do not worry about it or think about it. I ignore it and I get on with exploring the astral. I do not need to protect myself as I do not need to. Fighting entities is the worst thing to do. I do not want to get into a conversation about that. It makes things worse not any better. That is me, we are all different. There is no wrong or right.
Old 19-06-2014, 09:12 PM
CNC

loll, you remind me of my wife. She cant watch scary movies either because she will have bad dreams. I always tell her she has to face her fears some day, she then asks me to take out the trash (she is afraid of bees too) Its okay though, some people find avoiding things works for them. Once you get your mind calm and focused though you will never effect a projection by simply reading a scary book