Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC
Yes

ignore this added text
how did you do it the first time?
also,what added text?
Old 15-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Master

I suggest to go to your library and read all the AP books you can, you may find one there you may really want to then buy. I have 7 different ones on this subject in my home library. I have several I recommend out of those.

Robert Bruces .. Astral Dynamics .. Worth a read, I suggest borrow from the library. He was the first AP person I came across who'd had some of the strange experiences I'd had. As the other said thou, his energy awareness technique can get very boring . Unfortuantely Robert Bruces exercises and techniques never worked for me thou I worked with it for maybe 8-9mths daily.

The book which did work for me (I'd read about 17-19 astral projection books over 3 or so years by this time) was a book by Denning and Phillips called "Astral Projection" The-out-of-Body Experience. Its a step by step guide to AP and does use energy raising technique but not one which will bore you silly. It uses a far more powerful technique then the stuff in Robert Bruce's book. This is probably my top recommend of everything Ive read as its quite different from all the other books.

When you get bored of reading AP books (that usually after a couple of years, they all then start seeming the same).. there is a heavy going, full of interesting info book called "The Astral Body and other Astral Phenomena" by A.E Powell. This one is only for those who want to get into the deep stuff around this topic.

I havent ever read that other book you mentioned so cant comment on that one.
Old 15-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Suspended
A great freebie!

http://www.robertpeterson.org/obebook.html

Old 15-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Master

I forgot about that book. I liked reading it. It was fun. Thanks Squatchit.
Old 15-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Master

This is what the author said, by Robert Peterson.

I don't believe in evil. There are only two kinds of demon: The first kind is the demon we create from of our own fears. If you don't believe in evil, you cannot encounter these demons. If you understand and face your fears, you can face these demons and destroy them with an act of will. The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.
The second kind is the spirit of a dead person who is playing the role of a demon to make him/herself appear more intimidating. But that's different from evil. Remember this: They are just a spirit like you and me. They have no more power than you do, despite how they look or act. If you are a gentle soul, just visualize a white light around the spirit and send feelings of love to the poor misguided spirit. If you're ornery, tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, and walk away. If you're playful, make yourself into a big demon and give them their own treatment. They can't harm you, and they can't possess your body unless you give them power over you by being afraid.

If you have any fear or worries, I hope this will help you.
Old 15-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Master

I dont know if these sites were covered , I did not read all the posts , obe 4 u has a free book you can down load , as does astral pulse , its some where on that forum . Erin has a bunch of bolgs that are free to reed . On books to buy check out Robert Monroe and W. Buhlman .
http://obe4u.com
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/
http://www.erinpavlina.com
the wiki on Robert Monroe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Monroe
Old 15-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Deactivated Account

i decided to go with william buhlman the secret of the soul,using out of body experiences to understand our true nature.
Old 16-06-2014, 02:29 AM
CNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
how did you do it the first time?
also,what added text?
Responses here have to be a minimum ten characters, dont get much internet on weekends and couldnt think of anything better to put then "ignore added text" lol

First several times I projected were spontanious, but learning to do it on my own took a lot of trial and error. I can see why a lot of people give up since one of the main driving factors for me to keep trying was the fact I had done it before and knew I could again on my own will if I just kept trying.

The first method I found to work im not allowed to post as it is a risk to some peoples health (and the mods told me not to, lol) but it was a weak method anyways, with very short projections and at best a fifty percent success. Pretty much all the basic techniques work though, its just getting in that state of mind to use them.

Not being an extremely spiritual guy myself, a BIG thing that is needed is having something keeping it on my mind. Epic projections do that, but the really good long ones are few and far between for me so whats the next best thing? Reading about them. Even though now I pretty much have the focus thing down, I still read about AP as much as possible. Every blog, forum post, book, whatever. Even the stuff I find to be silly or amateur, it still keeps AP burning in my subconcious, which pays volumes when im in that projection window and trying to hold my thoughts on AP :)

Sorry, probably not much help but just read anything and everything about it, unless you spook easily, then just read the happy stuff, lol. Seriously though, its gotta be on your mind, even when your minds off. Then as you master all the focus/breathing exercises and you hit that brief few seconds that the mind drifts but not fully, what going to be on it...AP! From that point any of the body exit techniques wil likely work for you.

I got kind of side tracked on my post and realized you never really said you need to learn how and were just asking how I did it. So, if you already know how, just read the parts of my post that fit what you asked, if not, then read the whole thing, either way I only have ten min of internet right now so to late to edit, lol
Old 16-06-2014, 03:58 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC
Responses here have to be a minimum ten characters, dont get much internet on weekends and couldnt think of anything better to put then "ignore added text" lol

First several times I projected were spontanious, but learning to do it on my own took a lot of trial and error. I can see why a lot of people give up since one of the main driving factors for me to keep trying was the fact I had done it before and knew I could again on my own will if I just kept trying.

The first method I found to work im not allowed to post as it is a risk to some peoples health (and the mods told me not to, lol) but it was a weak method anyways, with very short projections and at best a fifty percent success. Pretty much all the basic techniques work though, its just getting in that state of mind to use them.

Not being an extremely spiritual guy myself, a BIG thing that is needed is having something keeping it on my mind. Epic projections do that, but the really good long ones are few and far between for me so whats the next best thing? Reading about them. Even though now I pretty much have the focus thing down, I still read about AP as much as possible. Every blog, forum post, book, whatever. Even the stuff I find to be silly or amateur, it still keeps AP burning in my subconcious, which pays volumes when im in that projection window and trying to hold my thoughts on AP :)

Sorry, probably not much help but just read anything and everything about it, unless you spook easily, then just read the happy stuff, lol. Seriously though, its gotta be on your mind, even when your minds off. Then as you master all the focus/breathing exercises and you hit that brief few seconds that the mind drifts but not fully, what going to be on it...AP! From that point any of the body exit techniques wil likely work for you.

I got kind of side tracked on my post and realized you never really said you need to learn how and were just asking how I did it. So, if you already know how, just read the parts of my post that fit what you asked, if not, then read the whole thing, either way I only have ten min of internet right now so to late to edit, lol

ah,i see. so,that's why everyone says to read as much stuff as you can on the topic. I haven't tried to ap yet but suspect it will take me some effort as my subconscious has trouble believing in me doing it.
Old 16-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Master

Do not let that get that in your way. Years ago I was not sure if I believed in ap and I kept aping without trying. Unfortunately it does not happen now. I have to make an effort. The main requirement is to get relaxed and you are nearly there.