Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-06-2014, 07:19 AM
Deactivated Account

good book for beginners

i would like to buy a book about out of body experiences. i am someone who has never had an out of body experience before but would like to and am someone who is not a beginner to spiritual matters and has a good grasp and openness to spiritual matters. Based on these factors,what would be a good book on the matter? I was initially drawn towards william buhlman the secret of the soul however recently started considering perhaps astral dynamics by robert bruce. A book that includes info on animals and astral projection,would be a possible erring towards as well out of the two. So,basically,i am torn towards these two books. I've had it recommended to buy erin pavlina astral projection,but quite frankly i really don't like her voice,or vibe and find her to be rude. She just doesn't resonate with me or give me good vibes.
Old 14-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Master

I will give you my honest opinion. I read on another forum that people were criticizing the book Erin Pavlina. I have not read it. I have forgotten why they did not like the book. I have read the book by Robert Bruce. There are people that think his book is really good. I did not like it as you had to do a heap of energy raising exercises page after page of it. You do not have to do energy raising exercises to ap. I thought the book was boring. William Buhlman books are very good. It is well written and sensible. I would advise to read ap books for fun and only as a guide. I do not believe everything I read. I think that sounds sensible and that sounds like rubbish so I will ignore that. You can read all the ap books and still not ap. The only way to ap is to practice and to keep practicing until you succeed.
Old 14-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I will give you my honest opinion. I read on another forum that people were criticizing the book Erin Pavlina. I have not read it. I have forgotten why they did not like the book. I have read the book by Robert Bruce. There are people that think his book is really good. I did not like it as you had to do a heap of energy raising exercises page after page of it. You do not have to do energy raising exercises to ap. I thought the book was boring. William Buhlman books are very good. It is well written and sensible. I would advise to read ap books for fun and only as a guide. I do not believe everything I read. I think that sounds sensible and that sounds like rubbish so I will ignore that. You can read all the ap books and still not ap. The only way to ap is to practice and to keep practicing until you succeed.

ok,so it sounds like i should stick with my first choice then william buhlan. i just want to immerse myself in the topic a bit more and have some more reference. I agree a book won't get me to ap. It seems the best route for me would to meditate a lot and work on stronger meditations. I am too lazy to try lucid dreaming,though i probably should and i am too nervous to try ap during bed. whenever i used to think i would ap back when i first heard of it,i imagined it would happen someday if i got really good at meditation and went deep enough.i didn't know people could do it during bed. i only learned about that recently.
Old 14-06-2014, 10:21 AM
CNC

Read, every single one of them, because....the more you know...
*que cheesy commercial song with shooting star (80s children will get this one)
Seriously though, read each and every book on AP you have access to :)
Old 14-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Pathfinder

I read the book by erin pavlina and i loved it
Old 14-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Newbie ;)

My personal favorites.. Robert Monroe Journeys, he wrote this book without any spiritual bias. Just how, what, when and where. Then I would say William Buhlmans Adventures, it's the best how to book in my opinion. A third book would be Less Incomplete by Sandi Gustas. I really enjoyed this one, it delves into other spiritual topics like karma, soul contracts and reincarnation. Worth a look :)
Old 14-06-2014, 04:35 PM
CNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofbody
My personal favorites.. Robert Monroe Journeys, he wrote this book without any spiritual bias. Just how, what, when and where.
I've been meaning to read more of his stuff. I like his temperament. I might even break down and pay actual money for it. I read any and every AP related book I find at the library and soooo many of them are bias with lots of unnecessary information. It's nice to read a "just the facts ma'am" approach. The one I'm currently reading says I have to pick Egyptian Gods/etc I have never heard of to be my guides/etc in order to succeed... *rolling eyes
Old 15-06-2014, 03:15 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC
I've been meaning to read more of his stuff. I like his temperament. I might even break down and pay actual money for it. I read any and every AP related book I find at the library and soooo many of them are bias with lots of unnecessary information. It's nice to read a "just the facts ma'am" approach. The one I'm currently reading says I have to pick Egyptian Gods/etc I have never heard of to be my guides/etc in order to succeed... *rolling eyes
have you ap-ed before?
Old 15-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofbody
My personal favorites.. Robert Monroe Journeys, he wrote this book without any spiritual bias. Just how, what, when and where. Then I would say William Buhlmans Adventures, it's the best how to book in my opinion. A third book would be Less Incomplete by Sandi Gustas. I really enjoyed this one, it delves into other spiritual topics like karma, soul contracts and reincarnation. Worth a look :)
i think i'm going to go with buhlman. iwatched an interview of his on youtube and he seems to have an energy i resonate with.
Old 15-06-2014, 03:20 AM
CNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
have you ap-ed before?
Yes

ignore this added text