Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-09-2012, 03:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Psycho--

But that doesn't disprove it. The idea is for our consciousness to travel to different dimensions not this one. Therefore, who gives a rats what's written on a paper in this 3D dimension? That proves nothing about where one might have gone.

You're asking the wrong question. The question is, can anyone have one and still (a) not believe they've experienced their consciousness without their body, and (b) not believe there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy?

Isle
I use to AP many years ago, with all my heart I believed i could do it, I would go to all sorts of places, but i was really fooling myself, I just had a good imagination, if someone could really do this, then why can't they when asked to prove it. If I wrote something on a piece of paper and put it in another room and ask the AP to read what I have written, can they do something so simple, especially when they say that they can AP in different dimensions, surely just going to the next room would be easy to do, but they can't.
Old 22-09-2012, 03:44 AM
Master

I need to be a lot better at ap before I can prove it. I still have problems going from one place to another. I still mess it up when I have the opportunity to go out of my body. With more practice and experience that will improve. I have read people say, I know it is real, I do not have to prove it to anyone else.
Old 22-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Master

Perhaps ap was not real for you because you can be somewhere, you have no awareness and it feels like a dream.
Old 22-09-2012, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I need to be a lot better at ap before I can prove it. I still have problems going from one place to another. I still mess it up when I have the opportunity to go out of my body. With more practice and experience that will improve. I have read people say, I know it is real, I do not have to prove it to anyone else.
If you believe its real, then good for you, but this thread i asking the question, why is the most amazing thing in the world (ap) so unknown/unpoplar ?, and i think it may be that people just don't want anything to do with something that cannot be proven, it would be a wast of time for them.
Old 22-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Master

I was referring to what you wrote. Anyway, it does not matter. What is amazing to some people can be horrible to other people. My mother believes in ap but she thinks you should not do it and when I talk about it, she seems to be scared of it. There is a lot of fear of the unknown. People do not like exploring the unknown. Religions and a lot of people think ap is dabbling in the occult and you will go to hell. I have read expert people have tried to prove it but have failed. They did not see the real thing or there are other reasons. My husband does not believe in ap. It does not make sense to him. There are people that do believe in ap but are not interested. Ap is not a nice topic for a lot of people. Most people do not believe in it.
Old 22-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Master
Quote:
I was referring to what you wrote. Anyway, it does not matter. What is amazing to some people can be horrible to other people. My mother believes in ap but she thinks you should not do it and when I talk about it, she seems to be scared of it. There is a lot of fear of the unknown. People do not like exploring the unknown. Religions and a lot of people think ap is dabbling in the occult and you will go to hell. I have read expert people have tried to prove it but have failed. They did not see the real thing or there are other reasons. My husband does not believe in ap. It does not make sense to him. There are people that do believe in ap but are not interested. Ap is not a nice topic for a lot of people. Most people do not believe in it.
And again you need proof if you want them to believe, just like anything that we believe in, like if you believe in a god, if you expect someone else to also believe then you have to prove that there is a god, unless of course the others just believes through faith, but what is faith, what is it worth.
Old 22-09-2012, 04:26 AM
Master

You are right, people need proof. I guess we are not expert enough or perhaps we will never be able to prove ap. If that is the case, then the situation will always be the same. There will be people that believe it and other people will not believe it. Nothing will change.
Old 22-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Master
Quote:
You are right, people need proof. I guess we are not expert enough or perhaps we will never be able to prove ap. If that is the case, then the situation will always be the same. There will be people that believe it and other people will not believe it. Nothing will change.
Yes, I myself talk about inner Consciousness, my own experience of Enlightenment, but i know also that I cannot argue with anyone if its right or wrong, and this also can be the same with all spiritual stuff, we just cannot prove it, and at the end of the day, do we truly know if what we believe is true or not, even my own experience in Consciousness could be nothing but a dream, but dreams are what the world is made of, so I suppose we may as well keep dreaming on lol.
Old 22-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Master

I agree with you. What we see could be a dream. We do not know 100% for certain that it is true or not. We could find out for ourselves, for example, we have a conversation with someone when we are dreaming. When we wake up we are able to talk about it to that person what happened. That would only prove it to yourself and the other person. There could be a mixture of things, some things you see are real and other things are not real. There is still no proof. I know for myself that it is real a number of times. I feel myself moving away from my body. Of course, people could think I was dreaming. I cannot prove it to other people, only to myself. I would not say it for the sake of saying it as there would be nothing to gain from it.
Old 22-09-2012, 06:19 AM
kislany

How can one expect from the average people to understand about AP when even one of the most respected dreaming forum considers AP sort of a hoax. And they're into lucid dreaming. I mean...hello....