Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 22-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
The bible itself says that the body is our temple. "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit,".

Thanx for this lovely reminder & quote.
Old 31-08-2012, 10:42 AM
bobby24

Thumbs up nice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyChris71
This is my personal view. I am spiritual but not religious. I feel our church can be in our heart and soul rather than a man made building. I believe in God. I also believe from my upbringing that alot of evil and hypocrocy hides out in the church. My family and mom is like this. My mother has been a horrible excuse for a parent. My mother's solution is to run away to church when confronted and continue to live in denial. I know many others like my mother. Yet I also know I could not have survived my hard life and gotten this far without a spiritual force I call God. I am open to others religous views when they don't cause me harm or are not used as a control tactic.

And what do you read about spirituality without religion?
Old 24-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Guide
I became "Awakened" in 2007 and felt guided to leave the church I used to belong to.

I had to give up christianity and religion. I embraced what I loosely refer to as spirituality, which is different from spiritualism.

I see spiritualism as a belief system practised by those who belong to the Spiritualist Church.

Spirituality embraces a path of Self Development through meditational practices, an understanding of Astrology, Kabbalah, and developing ones psychic abilities, or working with ones own chakras, by balancing and opening them.
Old 26-09-2012, 11:20 AM
bobby24

I think it tend to be more spiritual than religious. Even about books, literature, now popular authors who write about spirituality without religion than authors who write with. And I have to admit I like this tendency. If all books will be so good like "a crossing or the drop's history" by Anatoliy Obraztsov I think it would be good for everybody.
Old 28-09-2012, 07:28 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
I became "Awakened" in 2007 and felt guided.... I embraced what I loosely refer to as spirituality, which is different from spiritualism.

I see spiritualism as a belief system practised by those who belong to the Spiritualist Church.

However you personally see Spiritualism it doesn't make it so....

I'm a Spiritualist but only very rarely visit a church. There's no such thing as 'practising' Spiritualism - it's not like traditional mainstream religions with all their rituals.

Modern Spiritualism is the bedrock of my wider understanding of survival et al but is only one component of it, albeit a highly important one.

But in one thing you are right - spirituality is different from Spiritualism.
Old 20-11-2012, 03:19 PM
marymoonstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Some people prefer and benefit from being in a community, but other than that one does not require a 'middle-man' to communicate with the Divine.

'Love is the fulfilling of the Law'. Without love you won't ascend very far up the spheres of light, which is what the soul's journey is all about.

As for the constrictions of orthodoxy. All people are subject to the Law of Cause and Effect (Karma) Our actions have consequences, for good or ill. No-one can take from or add to the consequences of your actions.
Our destiny is in our own hands.

I love this. Thank you.
Old 21-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyChris71
This is my personal view. I am spiritual but not religious. I feel our church can be in our heart and soul rather than a man made building. I believe in God. I also believe from my upbringing that alot of evil and hypocrocy hides out in the church.

Hypocrisy is EGOs ploy and hides in the Spiritual as well as Religious! Whenever "I Am RIGHT and you are wrong" is perceived , error is at hand.

My family and mom is like this. My mother has been a horrible excuse for a parent. My mother's solution is to run away to church when confronted and continue to live in denial. I know many others like my mother.

This is common for her generation........and many generations! Yet make no judgments against them, rather be grateful for they have shown you the error of "thinking you know". This in itself can help bring about a certain seeking and persistence , which are needed to find ... to be found by the Mystery some call God. It is an INNER shift in Awareness and some find it even in Church....... read Meister Eckhart for one example of this.

Yet I also know I could not have survived my hard life and gotten this far without a spiritual force I call God. I am open to others religous views when they don't cause me harm or are not used as a control tactic.

"Self Unfoldment By Disciplines Of Realization" by Manly P Hall ; give this to yourself this Christmas ~!
Old 21-11-2012, 05:35 PM
mac

You do realize, I'm hoping, that 'Spiritualism' (the forum title) is a religion. It's has little to do with being religious or spiritual....
Old 21-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Juanita

UMMMMM....the religion of Spiritulism or being a spritulist or Spiritulist has everything to do with "spiritual"......it is all about spirit......we are all spiritual beings temporarily in a physical body and when someone says they are spiritual it "should" mean that they are discovering, connecting or learning about spirit -- there own or someone elses or all of humanity.......
Old 27-11-2012, 10:25 AM

I often wonder why one has to be anything