Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-10-2011, 07:49 PM
dreamcatcher

meditation for young teens

any suggestions of meditations/visualisations for young teens to help calm & contain their whirlwind minds & energy. Any suggestions or comments welcome
Old 18-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
any suggestions of meditations/visualisations for young teens to help calm & contain their whirlwind minds & energy. Any suggestions or comments welcome

I suggest you find resourses in your local area such as yoga, tai chi or even buddhist groups, and perhaps these internet places are confusing and misleading.
Old 18-10-2011, 06:10 AM
Knower
Laura I have checked out your sig for a few things including the meditations and they are great, :) I'm booking in some baby free nights to concentrate on them :)

I agree that medium laura has a few great resources if only to start you all off.

Gem you remind me, I want to check out tai chi in my area too ;)
Old 19-10-2011, 09:13 AM
dreamcatcher

Thanks All. Some nice appropriate meditations from Medium Laura she liked -thanks. The internet is a bit hit and miss and am a little wary to let my kids try it before I have!!
Old 20-10-2011, 05:04 AM
SunnyHaze

Tbh you dont really need help to open spiritually, or even in meditation.. you can do it all your self, but you need to beleave your self, inturprate it for what you feel of things towards that experience, like even write your stuff in a "Diary" i still have mine Going (Y) but i really Come on this website because i want to see what others inturprate things to be, But always have your own oppinion (:
Old 22-10-2011, 01:09 AM
redemption

I would suggest enrolling them in some form of martial arts.

My co-teacher used to teach at a high school and found that most boys were enrolled in Japanese sword ship practices. My co-teacher, himself, was a student.

He said the japanese sword ship practices implemented deep meditation and concentration at the end of each session. The teens really enjoyed this because it was part of "martial arts" vs being fed "religious" or" spiritual" ****. For them it was more "cool" to learn it through martial arts.

See if you can find any in your area. I am in South Korea, so there are tons here. If you need other martial arts, then shoot me a PM. I will ask around to see what popular ones your teen can enrol in.
Old 18-11-2011, 08:26 AM
LishBliss

A meditation technique for the heart center but overall being. I can create a peaceful mind and energized being.

The Mahamantra Meditation

The Mahamantra meditation is an ancient Tibetan Buddhist technique to awaken the ananhata chakra, located in the heart center. This meditation makes your mind firm and stable by making it still via entering into the zone of no-mind. This meditation will create a good energy flow in you and fills you with overflowing energy so that the attention-seeking [which blocks the heart] dissolves.

It should be done on an empty stomach preferably early in the morning or two ours after any meal. It can be done alone or with a group [which can energize the place where it takes place].

1. Sit cross-legged, comfortably on the floor with the head, neck and spine in a straight line. If unable to sit on the floor, you may sit in a chair.
Feel relaxed and close your eyes. However, even with eyes closed images flash so a good technique is to imagine your eyes as stone.

2. With lips closed begin humming the sound "Mmmmmm..." intensely, as deeply as possible. The humming should held as long as possible before taking the next breath. The body will effortlessly take a breath when needed. Put you whole energy into creating the vibration. After some time you'll feel that the humming is continuing without effort and you are merely listening to it.
Do this for 20 minutes
Then stop

3. Keeping your eyes closed, remain in a deep inactive silence for 10 minutes with a smile and blissful mood. If any thought comes, simply observe it without judging or resisting.

During the 10 minutes, the energy created from the second step will enter all corners of your being and cleanse it deeply.

4. Close with a chant *Om Shanti Shanti Shantihi*

Very slowly open your eyes. Carry the deep silence wherever you go.

---

The basic cleansing meditations are great for kids and youth.
To have them physically moving their bodies is KEY as well! Exercise & mediation!

Yoga for kids can combine both.
Old 18-11-2011, 09:21 AM
mattie

MediumLaura?

I think I recall MediumLaura having some meditations for kids.

Her page- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/member.php?u=4794
Old 18-11-2011, 05:11 PM
iolite

A meditation I used to do when I was a teen to help quiet my mind was this:

I visualized white light coming into the bottoms of my feet filling my body like I was an empty vessel slowly filling with water. I would visualize the light coming up my legs, filling my torso, shoulders, arms and hands and filling up my head and coming out the top of my head and spilling over me like a fountain. As the white light came in contact with my chakras, I would envision the chakra's color. I would hold the energy there until I could "see" that chakra and then move on until I reached the top of my head and the fountain of energy would flow down and begin again filling the bottom of my feet.

This always quieted my mind and put me to sleep.
Old 28-11-2011, 05:43 AM
Loralei2

We meditate to find and listen to our heart. Our heart is the real home of us. When we can listen to our heart, we automatically feel love and joy, but also we will know what we can be.

Do you ever get sad? Do you sometimes worry too much over silly things? Do you get angry and lose your temper? What would you say, if I was to tell you that meditation will help you become the happiest person in the world? Would you be willing to try it for the next 10 days for at least 5 minutes?

It isn't a trick. In 10 days you will see the change in yourself.

You will see that the happiest people in the world are people that know and understand their hearts, and the most confused and sad people are those that don't.

If you are not sure, take the time to look around and see for yourself. People that know their heart will be more loving and happy. Sad, angry people are lost, because they have lost their heart.

When you are ready, you can try a meditation exercise here for your age group. You can try the other age groups as well, as the ages are only a guide. You can even try the rest of our online classes for grownups when you have been meditating for a few weeks - but we wanted to get you started with something we thought would work more easily for you. You'll find that no matter the age group the exercises are enjoyable and very powerful.