Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Master
Love is just freak'n awesome! I personally won't let such talk cheapen it for me or anyone else. If it feels like love, it is love. There are many kinds of love.
By making it divine, we cheapen it for those who simply experience and give it from a different perspective.
Love is love.......enjoy it.........don't anaylsis it.........lol

Here's an example:

<I love my grandson...........oh but wait, I only love him because he is 'my' grandson. Do I love my neighbors grandson? hey maybe I don't love him afterall! I need to look inside and find me some 'real' love..........lol>

This is an example of distorting love by the mind.
I feel love for my grandson....period. And I enjoy it...period
Old 19-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Love is easily distorted by human mind yes.

3d

It's distorted from being the what it is and made into a fanciful notion called 'unconditional', then to prop that up, 'egoic' love or 'conditional' love is conjured up so some folk can appropriate it into the little boxes they create... and that serves to make 'me' unconditionally loving as opposed to 'others' who only know 'little ego' love.

Sounds pretty silly.

This love is love... and it's perfectly fine.
Old 19-08-2011, 01:48 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's distorted from being the what it is and made into a fanciful notion called 'unconditional', then to prop that up, 'egoic' love or 'conditional' love is conjured up so some folk can appropriate it into the little boxes they create... and that serves to make 'me' unconditionally loving as opposed to 'others' who only know 'little ego' love.

Sounds pretty silly.

This love is love... and it's perfectly fine.

I don't understand. It is not distorted?

3dnoz
Old 19-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Sentientno1

Xan, your reply is appreciated, i like hearing about personal experiences, am not going to analyze why, i just do.

For over 30 years my path was bhakti for 24/7 everything i did was devotional. someone said once when i walked in a room they could feel love bounce off the walls.

It's not there anymore.

And thinking about this after that last sentence i think i know why.

To all...i find it interesting that the words compassion and nurturing are not used and were overlooked in my 2nd post. It's not a criticism, just a curiouse observation. Maybe because both those qualities are so obviouse.

Also from observation over a lifetime: i find there are 4 kinds of love ( others may see more) from the basis of self-ish to less so...i need you therefore i love you, you need me therefore i love you, we all need each other therefore i love you. The fourth kind is less human and not often seen, that is love from abundance from recognising one's source. And maybe that is what is being spoken about here. i think it is ( by the way Xan, this does tie into kundilini)

Gem..it's not a fairy tale, one can feel love that makes others seem not more egoic, but more preciouse in the lovers sight in SPITE of thier ego. And maybe THAT is the quality of unconditional love.
Old 19-08-2011, 02:47 PM
moke64916

The 'ego mind' sees conditional love. It doesn't last forever. The ego needs more and more to keep itself satisfied, but it's short lived. Unconditional love without ego, you feel love for others and self all the time. You don't 'need' anything for love. You are love. In a state of 'being' you feel the love for no reason. That's the beauty. Not to mention better health.
Old 19-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Master
love happens.................hate happens........joy happens..............
Old 19-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
That's because we can't practice it. The human mind is incapable of unconditional love.

However, we may discover it where it has always been, in our own inner heart.

Xan

I dissagree.

Becominga parent changed my perspective. While I put conditions and boundaries on my children to keep them safe, my love for them is never if/then. It is constant and true no matter what emotion or thoughts are dominating.

My children often voice how they know, no matter what happens, they can count on my love for them. They never fear that love will change or die. Yet it doesn't take away from them not wishing to upset or dissapoint me. Infact I would bet its the unconditional love that inspires them to make better choices.

I don't know how to stop loving my children. I'm not sure its possible. Isn't that unconditional love in practice?
Old 19-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Master
It's kind of interesting how my perspective on this has evolved recently.
The thing is that which is beyond the mind does not exhibit, exude, project from itself anything................not love, not hate, not joy.
It is simply aware.
That which is awareness unaware is fully capable of experiencing love happening and all of the beauty it has.

It is happening that you are experiencing love or it is happening that you are aware that it is happening that there is a you experiencing love.

Love is an awesome thing and I think, as Docha knows, is observable in it's many forms, including unconditional, all around us. Especially, especially in motherhood.
Blessings, James
Old 19-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Love is just freak'n awesome! I personally won't let such talk cheapen it for me or anyone else. If it feels like love, it is love. There are many kinds of love.
By making it divine, we cheapen it for those who simply experience and give it from a different perspective.
Love is love.......enjoy it.........don't anaylsis it.........lol

Here's an example:

<I love my grandson...........oh but wait, I only love him because he is 'my' grandson. Do I love my neighbors grandson? hey maybe I don't love him afterall! I need to look inside and find me some 'real' love..........lol>

This is an example of distorting love by the mind.
I feel love for my grandson....period. And I enjoy it...period

If I were to get close to my neighbor's son, I would love him as my own. I don't get close because no time and space overlap and my neighbor might think me a pedo to see me loving his son. With my own son there is no societal sense of propriety acting as a resistance to my love.

I keep my distance from most people to not make others uncomfortable. I have a capacity for intimacy that is unrestricted by masks and walls. I'm just afraid to scare people when they see me looking into them, knowing them better than they know themselves.

Perhaps this is all just fear on my end, but I feel like I have to reign in my awareness in order to respect boundaries and comfort levels.
Old 19-08-2011, 10:06 PM
moke64916

It's not the mind that is incapable of unconditional love. It is the ego. Once mind, body, spirit unification is made there is unconditional love.