Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Docha

Unconditional love is the easiest to attain but hardest to practice. Lol

Loving with no conditions or expectations. Its not the same as dropping your boundaries or allowing yourself to be hurt and abused. You can set boundaries and still love the other not expecting change...

Unconditional love doesn't say I love you if...it doesn't say I love you because...

It simply says I love you.

I admit if someone sets conditions on their love for me then I return their love conditionally. So its difficult to love all without condition. Still working on it! Lol

But it exists, I have it with my children, some of my family and my soul connections.

Take me as I am. I think most people have at least one person in thiet lives like this.

Nature its obvious that it flows easily. :)
Old 16-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Sentientno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Sentientno1: 3dnow...i don't believe unconditional love is a wise thing. It can be an enabler for distruction.

Unconditional love is not permission to do harm, Sentiento. It simply recognizes that love itself has no conditions... only our minds do.

For instance, if you have a child your unconditional love doesn't give her permission to do damage or run out into the street, but neither does her misbehavior make you not love her.

But this is unconditional love from the human point of view. As I hear 3d, he's talking about Love Itself, which is the substance of all existence... our own pure source and essence... which can only be known through directly experiencing it.

Xan

Thanks Xan, i was thinking of it from a human viewpoint. i grew up next to a family where the wife loved her husband unconditionaly. Every Sat. night he beat her black and blue and once tried to kill her with a chain saw. Because she loved him unconditionaly when he was sober she endured his abuse when he was drunk. That was when i was a kid. i did not grow up surrounded by role models of love.

i don't know that i feel love, or feel it as you and others do. i do feel a great equality, where what is counted as unlovely or beautiful by human standerds has equal value and equal regard. For instance...

i've read that every breath we take in has been breathed at least 3 times before by some living thing. Is that not a great physical connection to all of life? So my habit is just before sleep, to imbue inbreathing with clarity and the outbreathing with blessing for all things, in an ever widening circle. Somewhere, something else will breath those breaths. i don't know if that is love, it is good will and a nurturing motive for the prospering for all. And maybe that is the word i was looking for, nurturing.

Got sidetracked here 3d, a little introspection induced by my friends remarks.
Old 16-08-2011, 04:43 AM
Aquarian

To me, unconditional love means wanting what's best for the other person, even if you don't know what that is.

According to Brennan and my experience, this never conflicts with what's best for us.
Old 16-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Scorpio

I think uncondtional love is having the ability to see the beauty in everything...
To see a spirit like a child!
Like your example a 'Flower'
You cannot control the fact that it is a flower or what flower it will grow to be, You can control where it is planted, But a seed needs to be nurtured so it can grow into a beautiful flower and live its life offering enjoyment to those who walk on by...
Thus the reason for unconditional love...
Old 16-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
Unconditional love is the easiest to attain but hardest to practice. Lol

That's because we can't practice it. The human mind is incapable of unconditional love.

However, we may discover it where it has always been, in our own inner heart.

Xan

Old 16-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Master
Sentientno1: i was thinking of it from a human viewpoint. i grew up next to a family where the wife loved her husband unconditionaly. Every Sat. night he beat her black and blue and once tried to kill her with a chain saw. Because she loved him unconditionaly when he was sober she endured his abuse when he was drunk. That was when i was a kid. i did not grow up surrounded by role models of love.

I wouldn't call this unconditional love, Sentient, but passivity and lack of enough self love to stop the abuse.

i don't know that i feel love, or feel it as you and others do. i do feel a great equality, where what is counted as unlovely or beautiful by human standerds has equal value and equal regard. For instance...

i've read that every breath we take in has been breathed at least 3 times before by some living thing. Is that not a great physical connection to all of life? So my habit is just before sleep, to imbue inbreathing with clarity and the outbreathing with blessing for all things, in an ever widening circle. Somewhere, something else will breath those breaths. i don't know if that is love, it is good will and a nurturing motive for the prospering for all. And maybe that is the word i was looking for, nurturing.

I appreciate very much your honesty and spiritual integrity.

As I've observed, some people's spiritual awakenings begin with love itself and for others it shows up somewhere later in the process. For me it came both early and later.

Early in my spiritual path I was sitting in meditation and was surprised when a sweet feeling of love bubbled up inside me like a mountain spring... but not to stay.

It was only years later that this feeling of love for-no-reason became nearly constant in my awareness... partly from inner heart meditation practice and
mostly by grace.

Xan

Old 17-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi forum,

Hoping to learn something about unconditonal love.
What you call unconditional love , is love.
There is love, and there is love with conditions.
remove the conditions and it becomes love, in it's unhindered state.

Quote:
Can you tell me why do you believe in it and what proves it.
I do not believe in things. I expereince things, if they are helpul, I use them, if they are not, I discard them.
Quote:
I certainly believe that creation was made out of unconditonal love but inputs here can strengthen this belief.
If that is what you believe, then what is the problem?
Is not your belief enough proof for you?

Quote:
My personal proof is that when I believe in it I reach my higher self.
If you believe you can physically fly...will you be able to fly?

Quote:
I see other proofs too. Flowers for example. Why do they exists? Plants, animals that we eat. I am grateful to them. They created themselves (in my belief) and we eat them. Not saying that they exists for us, but I don't know there is something very powerful there. I feel like crying each time I eat now.

Thanks,

3d
Are animals and plants grateful when you eat them?

The theory is there is a thing called love.
And this love can be hindered by conditions we create.
" I will only love you, if you are nice to me" "If you are mean, I will not like you", as a basic example.
Remove all those types of conditions from self and love will have free passage through you.
You can give love and receive love, in it's pure form. No conditions getting in the way.
According to the theory.

I am not a fan that believing is a helpful tool.
If however, love is perceived as a theory, then it can be tested within experiences to validate the reality of love.

Believing bypasses all validation tests and simply declares such and such is true.
But the only proof one has that something is true is one believes it is true.
But people believe in all manner of things that aren't true.

If you want to experience unconditional love, as you call it, then it's a simple matter of removing the conditions, yes?
What happens when you remove conditions from love, you get, love.
One can dispense with the uncondition from the title.
Old 17-08-2011, 03:45 AM
Master
Quote:
The theory is there is a thing called love.
And this love can be hindered by conditions we create.
" I will only love you, if you are nice to me" "If you are mean, I will not like you", as a basic example.
Remove all those types of conditions from self and love will have free passage through you.
You can give love and receive love, in it's pure form. No conditions getting in the way.
According to the theory.

I am not a fan that believing is a helpful tool.
If however, love is perceived as a theory, then it can be tested within experiences to validate the reality of love.

Believing bypasses all validation tests and simply declares such and such is true.
But the only proof one has that something is true is one believes it is true.
But people believe in all manner of things that aren't true.

If you want to experience unconditional love, as you call it, then it's a simple matter of removing the conditions, yes?
What happens when you remove conditions from love, you get, love.
One can dispense with the uncondition from the title.

great thoughts. will you ask why i am calling great thoughts?
i cannot reply. hehee
Old 17-08-2011, 04:16 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
great thoughts. will you ask why i am calling great thoughts?
i cannot reply. hehee
~smiles~ Hello again Thinker 108.
Well...if you say, "you cannot reply", there is no point in my asking you is there?

During the meanwhile, I will agree with you that they are great thoughts.
But great thoughts are of no use unless one acts on them, unless one is transformed by them,
otherwise 'great thoughts' simply settle as dust on one's eyes, or are heavy weights in one's backpack, 'tis like carrying a library.
One becomes burdened with them. One becomes attached to them.

One can't soar to infinite heights being attached to great thoughts.
One cannot travel the infinite depths of one's soul being attached to things.
Old 17-08-2011, 04:32 AM
Master
you are right, students of science have two books, theory and practical. Practical book is not for only reading. Every word of the book is to practice. If a student just read this, what is the use of the book? Spirituality is also like a practical book.