Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 PM
SeekingAdvice

Seeking helpful advice for my empath friend

Due to a somewhat intentional (and at first welcomed and positive) spiritual working, my best friend hit a little bit of a road bump. Everything's back to being okay now, thankfully, but she's been experiencing a little bit of soreness to her forehead lately, not just in the physical sense (because I know that came from a stress headache, too much focusing on her pc screen, heh aren't we all guilty of that from time to time?), but spiritually as well. Doesn't help that she's an energy empath, which sucks. (I seriously sympathize with anyone who's an empath.)
Whenever someone physically touches her, or whenever someone thinks about her and focuses a bit too hard, she says that she can sense it and it hurts. (Even worse when the other person isn't spiritually active and has no idea they're doing this. Had to break away from several people because of that over the years. I or she'd sound nuts telling them this and it was just easier to walk away. Can't say I'd blame her any there.)

So, I was hoping you healers, empaths, or light workers may know some shielding techniques or blocking techniques for empaths. Not sure if ones for emotional empaths can be used for energy empaths as well, but hey, the only way we find out stuff is by asking these kinds of questions, am I right?

So, if you have any tips, tricks, techiques, and / or advice about this subject, well I know I am not the only person around who'd appreciate it.

Thanks to anyone who can help with this!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:33 PM
mattie

Managing Energies For Empaths

Regular grounding is very useful as ordinary energy maintenance & is really important when we are in a very active energetic stage.

Chakra Balancing & Grounding- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...387#post273387

We all have our energetic lessons to learn. Natural empaths have their own energy lessons to master. Instead of shielding or blocking which implies that one is needing protection (thus, weak & disempowering), I favor looking at this as actively editing what energies we CHOOSE to ALLOW into the sanctity of our personal energy field. This is a learned skill.

Distanced Observer- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...685#post176685

Natural empaths need not allow their energy doors to be wide open all the time. I knew someone who took a university course w/ the psychic Evelyn Monahan. Her energy doors or antenna, so to speak, were so attuned & wide open as a child that she would automatically read the thoughts of everyone in a room at the same time. Needless to say, to be sane & even be able to have her OWN thoughts she had to learn to edit these incoming energies. As an adult she had leaned to access this when she wanted.

For computer text eye fatigue, one can usually enlarge the text on an Internet page in several ways. On a Mac, put the cursor on the Internet page, then hold the command while using the minus or plus key to enlarge the text while maintaining the needed side margins. PCs have a very good help menu, so if you’re not sure how to do this, check this out. If some pages are using a color, font, or size that doesn’t work, copy the text & paste onto your word processing document w/ the size & font of your choice.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Docha

Reiki would help her quite a bit.

Its the same premise of chakra work but it also goes into opening the universal chakra which allows the energy to flow freely. We all have access to it, I have the feeling just understanding the concepts and how it works will allow her to work with it naturally.

Reiki is working with universal energies to heal physically and emotionally, its like a two person meditation technique. I was blown away at my first session. If she would seek out a practitioner, the feel of the reiki msster should be very comfortable. If there is aggitation find another.
Old 20-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingAdvice
Due to a somewhat intentional (and at first welcomed and positive) spiritual working, my best friend hit a little bit of a road bump. Everything's back to being okay now, thankfully, but she's been experiencing a little bit of soreness to her forehead lately, not just in the physical sense (because I know that came from a stress headache, too much focusing on her pc screen, heh aren't we all guilty of that from time to time?), but spiritually as well. Doesn't help that she's an energy empath, which sucks. (I seriously sympathize with anyone who's an empath.)
Whenever someone physically touches her, or whenever someone thinks about her and focuses a bit too hard, she says that she can sense it and it hurts. (Even worse when the other person isn't spiritually active and has no idea they're doing this. Had to break away from several people because of that over the years. I or she'd sound nuts telling them this and it was just easier to walk away. Can't say I'd blame her any there.)

So, I was hoping you healers, empaths, or light workers may know some shielding techniques or blocking techniques for empaths. Not sure if ones for emotional empaths can be used for energy empaths as well, but hey, the only way we find out stuff is by asking these kinds of questions, am I right?

So, if you have any tips, tricks, techiques, and / or advice about this subject, well I know I am not the only person around who'd appreciate it.

Thanks to anyone who can help with this!

Give her this......I am not sure what is going to come through but I have been where she is.....

"To feel what others feel is no easy task.....

The great despair, judgements, EGO nonsense, anger, hatred, ......

To see the lips try and deceive and claim it is not there!!!

You can FEEL TRUTH and so it brings you pain.....

I tell you "This too shall pass!"

The lessons are rough in the beginning but they ease in time~

Some friends will part .......some family members too~

It can be no other way~

Why??

It is not that they do not wish to understand you .....

It is that ......they cannot!

So release them in LOVE and let them go there own way knowing this......

All ways lead back to the Divine Source~

A tool to help: "Self-Unfoldment By Disciplines OF Realization" by Manly P Hall ........he went through all of this too~
Old 20-08-2011, 04:03 PM
sesheta

I am somewhat of an empath myself, and am very familiar with having a hard time with people physically touching you - as an empath, that physical contact feels like an intrusion on your personal space and can be overwhelming, which non-empaths don't understand very well!
I find that I have to consciously create an energy shield around myself when I am going into situations where I know there will be a lot of people - especially strangers - just to filter the amount of "stuff" that comes through to me. Grounding also helps to release the energy - probably why I've always loved gardening - digging my hands in dirt is wonderfully grounding and relaxing, lol :) If I've been around a lot of negative thoughts/energies, I find taking an actual shower helps - I visualize all the negative energy literally washing off!
In public situations, I try to minimize a lot of contact by either being the first to offer a quick hand-shake (instead of a hug that a lot of people want to give...) or I will just stand to the side, arms crossed and just say "Hi". Many people seem to sense that you don't want physical contact if you don't initiate it...
Hope this helps...
Old 20-08-2011, 04:45 PM
moke64916

I am a lightworker/healer. Shoot me a pm, I'd be glad to help.