Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 29-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Experiencer

healing jaw issue

Hi everyone,
I have an underbite problem and surgery is going to cost more than what I have right now. Can anyone think of a reason for it or an affirmation to help it go away? Is there a way to heal this? I believe in everything having a natural cure but this is one of the only things I feel like I can't fix without surgery. I really want a fresh perspective on this and I really want my headaches to go away and I want to eat properly and look better.

Any advice? Comments? :)
Old 29-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Guide
Question: do you have throat and jaw tension? A case of TMJ? I can give personal experiences to dealing with this.

Sometimes muscle tension can offset our bone and joint structure.

Do you know what the surgery would target? Would it be the joint or bone structure? The tendons and muscles?
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 29-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Experiencer

It would target the bone structure. I have some jaw tension and I always get headaches in my temple area.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Guide
That is exactly what I have been dealing with.

In my case, I grew up with poor upper back/neck posture. In an effort to support poor upper back/neck posture, we use our external muscles for support. Doing this over a period of time leads to tension spots in our muscles. These tensions can run from our shoulder blades area, up the neck and to the temple (optical nerve area). That is exactly what my case is.

Do you have eye issues from this? Maybe one eye is weaker, one doesn't open as wide as the other? For my right eye has alway been weaker.

I have spent the past two years working on this. Mainly with the help of a chiropractor and shaman. If you can afford either of these I would strongly recommend it.

Also stretching helps losen up those muscles. Muscle tension can run from the toes all the way up to the head, so full body stretching important. Yoga has some good stretches that target the upper body neck area.

Do you have any experience with meditation and the chakra system? You can practice working on the throat chakra area which includes the jaw.

I can give you more info on any of the above if you would like. If you are going fix this with out surgery, it will take a lot of focus on upper posture
The child is grown
The dream is gone

Old 03-07-2015, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator
I'm sorry auroragirl. In your other thread, I was focusing mainly on the 'looks' side of your problem. But forgetting about any discomfort or pain caused by this. I do think that a good chiropractor could help you, as jaw alignment can cause tension in many ways in the body.
And there are many other healing practices which might help.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:18 AM
Experiencer

Yes i would like more information back seat! I do have problems with my eyes, one really doesnt open as wide. Thank u so much! And its ok tobi:) i understand what you are saying.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:55 PM
Guide
The best thing you can probably do is find a local chiropractor. They can help you understand the issue more and help to release the tension. This would definitely be a cheaper option then surgery.

The tension most likely runs from your upper back and shoulder, up the neck and into you temples where the temples are constricting you optical nerve. Stretching and yoga are great ways to work on the tension in between chiro appointments.

Here is a yoga routine I just found online that looks good:
http://youtu.be/NbItEmN16jw

Jaw exercise:
http://youtu.be/SbJZXG4fsd4

I strongly recommend seeing a chiropractor before doing jaw work on your own so they can give you some guidance. Make sure not to allow your jaw to dislocate while opening or stretching the jaw (this is can lead to soreness).

One question out of curiosity:
Have you ever dealt with a speech issue? Like a stutter or pronunciation. I've dealt with a stutter my whole life and find that others who also had similar difficulties with speaking have tight jaws as well.
The child is grown
The dream is gone

Old 10-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Master
Completely left field I guess but I had to look up what an under bite even was but when I knew what it was I tried it and I felt kinda glum. It sorta brought back the feeling I was a kid and was resolute in hanging onto a sadness, bear with me though as it's a feeling and feelings aren't always so easy to put into words, a kind of obstinacy to get my own way and kinda using, not sadness so much as grief maybe.

It's there alright and I'm sure then it was a real part of my youth. I'd be refused something or other which my world depended on and because I'd be unable to go forward with it I'd sit back in myself and jut forward the chin almost as if that resoluteness, that determination, was all that was left to me... pouting?

I don't mean at all to make light of what you have and am in no way suggesting a childishness and if anything it may go back further than this. To these ends it may be a past life type scenario which you have held onto as a lesson to bring about a deeper appreciation of this life... a deeper abiding determination which just needs a little understanding to turn to a strength.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:33 PM
JalissaG

You can get braces to correct this. They have spring loaded braces that over time pull your lower jaw backward. A bit intense, yes, but still better than surgery. Then there is always the option of learning to love yourself as you are... Because you are beautiful as you are : )
Old 12-07-2015, 01:33 AM
Experiencer

Thanks guys! I have braces, but my orthodontist has been insisting surgery. But im sure there is something he can do for me. And I will probably be seeing a chiropractor in the near future