Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 07-01-2014, 07:56 PM
moonlight1216

What to say in a prayer ?

I have a very important Question. Its been occupying my mind for a few months and I cant find the answer.
Im studying for a very important exam that is in May. This exam will lead me to my future career and therefore shape a great portion of my future life.
I know this prayer that everytime I wanted something and I read it , that will happen. Its a very strong prayer. But Since we dont know what is best for us to happen Im not sure how to use it. Maybe the thing that I want to happen and I insist on it , Isnt what I think it would be and does nit bring happiness to me. On the other hand I think if these kind of prayers exist that means we can choose whatever outcome we desire.

Sorry my English is not very good. But coald anyone tell me how should I pray for what I really want without forcing universe to manifest something that might be wrong?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:39 PM
comforting

why not just pray for happiness then you will hopefully receive what u need in life to be happy ...instead of attracting what we think will make us happy?

if any of that makes sense lol
Old 07-01-2014, 09:33 PM
primrose

give thanks for the outcome you want, then let it go.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:59 AM
moonlight1216

Thank you so very much.. I will ask for whatever that brings to me and my family happiness.
But I dont understand what it means " to give thanks to outcome and let it go"
Old 08-01-2014, 07:05 AM
primrose

It means to know what it is you want, give thanks to whatever you believe in, and know that it will come to pass, when the time is right for you Don't have any doubts about it..
Old 08-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Seeker

How about this one?

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

This prayer is one I live by on a regular basis :)

~V
Old 12-01-2014, 05:09 PM
moonlight1216

Thank you all so very much :)
Old 12-03-2014, 05:13 AM
aryannatimothy

Do not think too much and push yourself to it. Prayers should come from the heart. Just say what you want and what you feel then yes, let it go :)
Old 22-03-2014, 02:20 PM
sanatanam

kamadinam kati na katidha palita durnidesas
tesham jata mayi na karuna na trapa nopasantih
utsrijyaitan atha yadu-pate sampratam labdha-buddhis
tvam ayatah saranam abhayam mam niyunkshvatma-dasye

O my Lord, there is no limit to the unwanted desires. Although I have rendered these desires so much service, they have not shown any mercy to me. I have not been ashamed to serve them, nor have I even desired to give them up. O my Lord, O head of the Yadu dynasty, recently, however, my intelligence has been awakened, and now I am giving them up. Due to transcendental intelligence, I now refuse to obey the unwanted orders of these desires, and I now come to You to surrender myself at Your fearless lotus feet. Kindly engage me in Your personal service and save me. (Sri Chaitanya Charitamrita Madhya 22.16)
Old 26-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Master
What to say in a prayer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight1216
I have a very important Question. Its been occupying my mind for a few months and I cant find the answer.
Im studying for a very important exam that is in May. This exam will lead me to my future career and therefore shape a great portion of my future life.
I know this prayer that everytime I wanted something and I read it , that will happen. Its a very strong prayer. But Since we dont know what is best for us to happen Im not sure how to use it. Maybe the thing that I want to happen and I insist on it , Isnt what I think it would be and does nit bring happiness to me. On the other hand I think if these kind of prayers exist that means we can choose whatever outcome we desire.

Sorry my English is not very good. But coald anyone tell me how should I pray for what I really want without forcing universe to manifest something that might be wrong?

Moonlight1216,

Always pray to succeed.

If you've ever had the experience of wanting to buy a new car or had a desire to remember something you forgot, then you know what the law of attraction is.

How ?

Have you noticed that as soon as you've told yourself that you like a certain car and wonder what it would be like to have one, that EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK from then on, you keep seeing that type of car ?

Have you ever noticed that when trying to remember something you forgot, that it is more effective to tell yourself to "Relax, it will come back to you" than trying to FORCE yourself to remember?

The mechanism of "attraction" at work in both cases, but most especially in the answer to your question, is simply this: ACCEPTING, not wishing for, WHAT YOU WANT….NOW.

If you really want to pass your exam, confidently accept, not wish for, what you want (i.e. to pass the exam).

In turn, the Universe, in response to "what you accept" will reflect THAT as your experience.

How ?

As indicated in the reference, "In the last analysis there is but one treatment given for anything that is desired. That treatment consists in convincing the mind that the thing desired is already accomplished....Treatment is not for the purpose of making things happen; it is to provide, within ourselves, an avenue through which they may happen. Treatment opens up the avenues of thought, expands the consciousness, and lets Reality through; it clarifies the mentality, removes the obstructions of thought and lets in the Light. We already live in a Perfect Universe, but It needs to be mentally seen before It can become a part of our experience."

Pray in the same manner, and for the same reason...that you will take the exam:

To succeed !

The Universe will ALWAYS reflect your prayer AS your successful experience in terms of what you FOCUS on.

If you doubt your capability to succeed...the Universe will reflect THAT as your experience, perfectly. Why ?

The Universe ALWAYS gives you what you FOCUS on, not what you want.

That's why you must FOCUS ON SUCCESS, not on failure !

Hope this, and an expanded explanation in the reference, helps....

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...p;postcount=14

Last edited by guthrio : 26-03-2014 at 09:47 PM.