Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 26-04-2020, 02:00 AM
Knower
Quote:
we are all partners in the same dance - at all times intertwined and co-involved with everyone else ‘inwardly’

a beautiful quote davidsun ... and it made me smile to contemplate who determines who & when the “leader” & the “follower” exchange partners in order to continue on with their “infinite” dance....

i perceive a heavenly balance where this occurs effortlessly and all parties move in harmonious unison - no matter the circumstances that prevail between them - (my perspective on your last sentence).
written in the : "Chamber of Eternity"
witnessed by : "Alpha & Omega"
Old 26-04-2020, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Viskey
a beautiful quote davidsun ... and it made me smile to contemplate who determines who & when the “leader” & the “follower” exchange partners in order to continue on with their “infinite” dance....

i perceive a heavenly balance where this occurs effortlessly and all parties move in harmonious unison - no matter the circumstances that prevail between them - (my perspective on your last sentence).
Glad you resonated with it. Having particpated in 'wrestling' as a sport in my high school days, I also appreciate the 'fruits' of 'effort' (and associated learning, growth and development). Effort/struggle-full 'Sturm und Drang' are also part of the 'dance', IOW. In one of the Seth books (I don;t remember which) I read something to the effect that the 'villains' (in relation to the 'heroes') of one 'drama' often reincarnated as 'heroes' in a future one. 'Harmony' can be quite 'raucous' sometimes (Beethoven's and other classical symphonies and quartets, for example). Nice-calm-peaceful 'New Age' music-lovers often don't get this 'point'.
Old 26-04-2020, 02:53 PM
Master
I just watched Altered Carbon, a series in which people's consciousness gets downloaded and placed in a new (already developing/developed) body. They keep their memories intact but live in a body not their own. It pretty creepy to me.

It got me thinking that maybe it's for the best our memory of possible past lives ((if this reincarnation phenomenon exists)) as well as any skills are gone.

However, this creates the problem of there being no responsibility for any possible past lives. Why be responsible or live with the burden of the past, if you don't even know it?
Old 26-04-2020, 03:18 PM
Knower
For Davidsun~
Quote:
I read something to the effect that the 'villains' (in relation to the 'heroes') of one 'drama' often reincarnated as 'heroes' in a future one. 'Harmony' can be quite 'raucous' sometimes (Beethoven's and other classical symphonies and quartets, for example). Nice-calm-peaceful 'New Age' music-lovers often don't get this 'point'.
I can relate to "those New-Agers" (which I probably classify as one - but I don't get hung up on labels as much as other personalities do ... its more about the information that I can relate to, than the "passing soul" who made the idea famous) - but anyone's attitude is merely a matter of "selectivity" anyway.

I too, choose the "harmonious" sounds over the "chaotic" ones - but I also believe that all things originate from chaos. Its more of a "sensory override" that makes me shy away from "noise". Still, with a few "tweaks" here and there, "A" Creator can construct "selective" variations of reality from chaos - and inhabit/populate them with whom "It" chooses. The rest of the story is what we make of it.

I can also relate to the Hero/Villain/Reincarnation dynamic too. The most interesting thing that I've discovered about the "human condition" is that we often can't learn diddly squat from our actions - until the shoe is on the other foot. I firmly believe that good and bad are relevant to nothing in the realm of Absolute Potentiality. For an Absolute Authority, all those things can be "sorted out in the wash" at their "kairos" of expression.

The harmony in sentience, as it regards reincarnation, IMO, is the ability to learn about relationships within the reality of "A Creator's" making, from more than one perspective - that is quite "raucous" indeed. Its just that our physical realm is set up to generally allow one sentience, one perspective at a time.

For Altair ~
Quote:
people's consciousness gets downloaded and placed in a new (already developing/developed) body.
Sounds like they got their idea from a story I posted about ten years ago: "LV's Account of Soul Lineage" (with their own level of "creative license" I'm sure). Find my short story here, if you're curious :

https://heaventology.weebly.com/lord...l-lineage.html
Old 26-04-2020, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I just watched Altered Carbon, a series in which people's consciousness gets downloaded and placed in a new (already developing/developed) body. They keep their memories intact but live in a body not their own. It pretty creepy to me.

It got me thinking that maybe it's for the best our memory of possible past lives ((if this reincarnation phenomenon exists)) as well as any skills are gone.

However, this creates the problem of there being no responsibility for any possible past lives. Why be responsible or live with the burden of the past, if you don't even know it?
I think (logically, I believe) that people can only be response-able for what they can (not can't!) do NOW. Hence the importance of being able to re-pent (think differently as a result of learning one's mistakes) and forgive oneself (not just others!).

P.S. I am amazed at the number of folks who enjoy 'dreaming' about the possibility of post cryogenic downloading and living [u]as the same 'person'ality forever - talk about BORING!
Old 27-04-2020, 11:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraIndigo
I wonder I mean some people are shown about reincarnation like myself...and I feel like my life path has set me up for the truth....I actually think this is my first life where I get almost the whole picture. But it seems some people are never shown this and live their whole lives in the matrix and not believing in the spirit world signs reincarnation etc. I am wondering if this is simply their path because it is better for them not to know?

I believe that for some people, the material path is actually the path which their higher awareness needs them to take.
This means that for some people awareness or belief in anything to do with past lives, religion and new age beliefs are not only unnecessary but they could also block that person from aligning to the needs of their soul.

I know that personally, my deeper inner self needs me to take a path of uncertainty where very little in the way of metaphysical experiences occur (including past lives).

As strange as it sounds, skepticism and the desire to explore the depths of nihilism is exactly what I need to experience because it aligns to what I desire to explore as a soul.

I want to know what it feels like to have to put complete faith and trust in myself with the full and sober awareness of my mortality and the possibility that everything outside of my direct experience right now might well be an illusion.

If I wasn't prone to skepticism, I would be blocked from exploring the core needs of my innermost self.
Old 28-04-2020, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
As strange as it sounds, skepticism and the desire to explore the depths of nihilism is exactly what I need to experience because it aligns to what I desire to explore as a soul.
Ideas are tools (i.e. means) to process and navigate information. Whatever ideas 'work' for 'good' if and as used to 'work' so, are 'good' by (my) definition) if and as they are so used.

We are all 'craftsmen/women' so some degree - it is up to teach of to choose what we wish to craft and which ideas may 'best' enable us to accomplish said 'what', I think,

Best wishes for your every success in said 'good' and 'best' regards in relation to all your desired 'whats', RE!
Old 28-04-2020, 12:43 AM
Knower
so, nihilism ...i wonder if the “rejection of all religious and moral principles” is the same as not observing them in one’s life at all, or merely the choice to be moral in one’s own particular way without utilizing other people’s “labels” for behaving as such.

“material path” ... “uncertainty” ... “skepticism” ... “everything beyond myself is an illusion” ... quite a collection of internal beliefs ya got there.

yet, i was told a long time ago that no one has a right to tell someone else how they should live their life - for the exact reason that their “path” may require all of the choices that “that one” has made for them self.... its a good way for “everyone else” to practice expressing the true purity in “unconditional love” - as opposed to just giving it “lip service”.
Old 28-04-2020, 03:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Viskey
so, nihilism ...i wonder if the “rejection of all religious and moral principles” is the same as not observing them in one’s life at all, or merely the choice to be moral in one’s own particular way without utilizing other people’s “labels” for behaving as such.

“material path” ... “uncertainty” ... “skepticism” ... “everything beyond myself is an illusion” ... quite a collection of internal beliefs ya got there.

yet, i was told a long time ago that no one has a right to tell someone else how they should live their life - for the exact reason that their “path” may require all of the choices that “that one” has made for them self.... its a good way for “everyone else” to practice expressing the true purity in “unconditional love” - as opposed to just giving it “lip service”.

Hi Lord Visky,

I'm not sure if I quite understand your post.

To clarify what I was attempting to say as a speculation (probably quite poorly) is that some people may not require the awareness or exploration of past lives because their unique and individual soul needs and path might actually be hindered by such things. It was merely a thought that I was pondering.

Then I mentioned my own personal experience which was probably irrelevant.

I did not mean anything as a judgment on anyone, I was just exploring some ideas.

Anyway, I don't usually comment on these kinds of threads because I have such a difficult time communicating what I actually mean.
Old 28-04-2020, 04:01 AM
Knower
hmm ... i was picking out what i thought were key words...

guess this means that “as much as you believe you don’t express yourself well”, i equally believe “how lousy i am at interpreting” what others say...

proves how well i excel at my talents (or lack thereof) 😊

don’t stop posting because of my misinterpretations....it still amazes me that these neat little boxes never seem to stop being available for us to say as much as we want to say.

i did suggest the same thing earlier (now that you’ve clarified) - i believe, as well, that our paths are unique only “unto ourselves” - however that path might appear to others.