Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 07-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Knower
Could you please help me identify this crystal?

I got him just yesterday in the mail from Amazon.com.
The auction originally said "Smokey Quartz Transparent Stand Point Inclusions", but looking at him compared with the three other smokey quartz in my care, and other ones I've seen online, well, he doesn't really look like a traditional smokey quartz. (And if you ask me, he doesn't really have the same energy/frequency feel as other smokey quartzes either.)
I did a little looking about over on google images and it looks a lot more like something called 'Garden Quartz (Lodolite)'. Never heard of it before, but it definately looks and feels a lot more like what those lodolites feel like, and not so much smokey quartz.

Closeup of him http://s23.postimg.org/wl2a4hla3/image.jpg

Old 07-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Amoralight

Hi LoneFlower. Personally, I wouldn't have a clue. There are so many variations and inclusions. Looks a beauty and I would have called it her except I haven't held it. Maybe it's the pink. Seems to radiate gentle yet powerful energies.

The description does seem reasonable except it didn't say what inclusions. Haven't heard of Lodolite either.

Your other pieces are amazing, filled with little goodies. Love the one on top row 3rd from left. The man with one tooth. Stone Age?
Old 07-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Knower
Hi AmoraLight, and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this.

I've always thought that inclusions looked more like

but after doing a quick google images hunt to reply to this, the above are examples of phantoms in a crystal.
Where as inclusions are, at least from what I gather, anything 'included' inside of a crystal. (or otherwise, more formally defined, 'An inclusion is a foreign matter contained in a host mineral'.)

Quote:
Love the one on top row 3rd from left. The man with one tooth.
lol Oh my gosh! I totally didn't notice that until now!
Old 08-06-2014, 12:19 AM
Experiencer
It can be Smokey Quartz with Lodolite or Chlorite inclusions. Quartz can have all kinds of inclusions. Phantoms are crystals that partially form inside a Quartz, they mimic the shape of the Quartz they are in and tend to be ghostly looking (various colors available). Technically a Phantom is an inclusion but they are classified as Phantom because it looks like a ghostly crystal inside another crystal. Inclusions that are not classified as Phantoms are those that have mineral inclusions that don't mimic the shape of the main crystal.

The picture in the middle is a Phantom Quartz, the 1st one has a Quartz inclusion and the 3rd has Tourmaline needle inclusions aka Tourmalated Quartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneFlower

Old 08-06-2014, 01:04 AM
Knower
Namaste Selbor13, thanks for taking the time to add in to this as well.

Jeez. It sounds kinda complicated when you explain it like that. Specific, yeah, but complicated.