Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Pathfinder
Has anybody experienced this please?

Hello,

could you please tell me if im alone in experiencing this please, or if anyone has any idea whats happening could they enlighten me ?

scenario:

laid in bed on back, eye lids closed. I start to meditate...........
my mind is calm, then within 5 minutes its like i get an electrical surge through my eyelids and they start blinking (even though lids are close) vigorously - i get a really warm feeling (its nice nothing scary ) and the eye lid activity is so intense and i start getting shapes and last night i got the colour purple/indigo then it disappears, instead of panicking though last night i kept saying to myself "Trust, dont fear, see what happens" but the eyelids are going that ridiculous its like they are trying to open and i always panic so i end up putting my index fingers onto my lids so they cant open !! but i always lose it after this happens.

This has happened to me on several occasions.

does anyone know what it actually is? eye problems something about to happen....... im not saying its spiritual but its a good warm fuzzy feeling when it happens like an eleectrical surge going off or something.

sorry i must sound stark raving bonkers to some of you

any suggestions greatly appreciated

thanks Keiko
Old 19-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Enya

Two questions - why are you trying to keep your eyes closed and why do tou try to meditate lying down on bed?
Old 19-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Maiya

In the beginning we experience some strange things. Being still and meditating conjures up all sorts of things - in the beginning. Staying calm and focused is important. Stay with it, give it time. All will become clear.
Old 19-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Master
Keiko... This sounds like it could be third eye activating. Resisting what's happening only makes things worse...

so breathe in your belly, accept and allow it all, and ease on through.

Xan

Old 19-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Experiencer

I got injured about the time (there was NO cause and effect relationship, though! ) I commenced meditation. I was doing it with mediumistic goals in mind.

Not being "right" in body (or hence, mind or spirit) at present, I've decided to place further attempts on hold, until I'm better.

Jim
Old 20-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Pathfinder
i do it lying down because i have a very active mind imagination which i find increasingly difficult to turn off.

on a couple of occasions ive been downstairs and meditated and fell asleep sat up. i hear every noise in the house though and thoughts just wont disappear, hence why if im lying down in bed i find it much easier to shut my brain down (associating it with sleep ...

i try to keep the eyes closed because if they are open (in a darkened bedroom) it sounds silly but its like the atmosphere is changing and i see shadows in the room (not of figures just like shifting)

Example - you know when you focus on something hard enough and you can make it disappear with your eyes..... thats not spiritual thats just your eyes and illusions and what have you - well i think thats what happens .

when this electrical thing going off in my eyes start i think if my eyes open then i will come out of whatevers happening if that makes sense...............
Old 20-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Experiencer

If I tried it lying down, it would probably work better for me: yet last shorter: I'd probably fall asleep.

But would probably sleep better.

Jim
Old 20-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Pathfinder
thats why i first started meditating - to wind my mind down and get a good nights sleep - wasnt anything to do with discovering third eyes and stuff
Old 20-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Newlight

I think you are maybe connecting with your auric field and/or other spiritual energies so your meditation seems to be working if this is what you want :)
Old 20-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko
thats why i first started meditating - to wind my mind down and get a good nights sleep - wasnt anything to do with discovering third eyes and stuff

A pragmatist!

Jim