Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 15-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Master
Good for you.
Spiritlite.
Old 15-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Guide
Today I succumbed a little to my sweet tooth...

I had to go to the dentist (nothing grave, just filling a small hole), and before that, I went to buy some chewing gum - for fresh breath - and I also bought a little box with six muesli bars. I planned to have them in my handbag for the breaks at work when I haven't had time for a proper breakfast.

When I got home - I walked back home! - it was still more than an hour til lunchtime, so I thought "a muesli bar won't hurt". It tasted so good that I had another, before I told myself to stop - after all there was lunch in an hour.

But in the afternoon, in the break, temptation won. I had another muesli bar, gave one to my friend - and then choked down the resting two in the box. I don't even know why, pure craving... lucky that it was only a small box and I "only" had five ... :banghead: summing about 550 calories...

After such a "snack", I decided to have a more frugal supper and only had some grapes, two tangerines and a cup of Kapha-Tea. I'm still full from the muesli bars.

My menu of the day:

Breakfast: cornflakes with milk
Morning snack: two muesli bars, and two cups of "felicity tea" with a little milk
Lunch: meatstrips with bell peppers and rice, and a yoghurt for dessert
Afternoon snack: three muesli bars, and a cup of cappuccino
Supper: a few grapes, two tangerines and a cup of Kapha-Tea

Water: enough
Exercise: walking an hour and a half (40 minutes home from the dentist's, and my daily 50 minutes walk)

Tomorrow and friday I can't do my daily walks, because tomorrow I have an appointment (sports reha group, so I WILL move by body nevertheless) and friday I accompany Martin to a Reiki evening where we will be introduced into some special form of Reiki called "Quantum Matrix". No idea how it will be.

I'm waiting for the weekend to have long walks, and in the daylight! Yippie!

Many thanks to all who read me and wish me well.

Love & Light,
Kiran
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 18-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Guide
Weight: 101,0 kg this morning

I'm feeling lighter by the day...

Yesterday's "Quantum Matrix experience evening" was wonderful, a very intense feeling. I'm starting to get real interested in these "Matrix energetics", it sounds powerful - and it is, I experienced it myself. Woah! Like a wave swooshing over me, throwing me back, I fall, and am softly caught (a strong male "catcher" was there).

At this point I have to make an aclaration to the above written: It is NOT a form of Reiki, but something completely different, working on the aura energy field. My friend who brought me there, close soul brother Martin, has Level 1 and is onto Level 2. Maybe, if I hear the calling, I will attend a course myself some day. It IS a powerful emotional healing practice!

So, today I woke up very early (still dark outside) and as I couldn't sleep in again, I started clearing my drawers while listening to Indian Music (Ursula borrowed me an "Indians Sacred Spirit" CD). Felt good. After a small breakfast I went outside, the sun shined on the snow that it alimented the heart, and I went for a walk along the "Illdamm", river left, trees right... real beautiful. Now it's time for lunch but I'm not very hungry so I'll probably only have some raw veggies (bell pepper or such).

Will connect myself later or tomorrow.
See you, love, light and peace,
Kiran

(The Book of Fate)
Old 23-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Guide
Today we already had a Christmas Party at work (I only had two muffins) and now at six evening we will have another here in the shared house... there I will eat some more. But well, it's Christmas... the time for dieting will be in the new year, hehe. Still trying to control myself and not overeat all too much.

State of mind: Very well, happy and balanced. Hope to remain in this spirit.

(The Book of Fate)
Old 23-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Administrator
Hello

DIETS do not work.....that is so very true. What does work is expercise and consitant life style changes.

I was called "Olivie Oil " in school and me early 20's. I worked out daily. Then me mate had some personal issues that meant that LIFE for me was more for him and I fell to pieces. Too that is OK it was part of growing as the person I am.

I kept getting larger and large into me 30's . I went from a size 14 to a Size 28 . I got on the scale one day and it hit OVER 300 Lbs. The wake up call was that I had to sit down and rest walking me Son to school. Its a longer walk at over a mile but still if he could do it in Grade 1 what example was I setting.

I did NO diet. I did NO gym, I started to slowly get out there and walk, in that physical activity I found I was not in the WANT of food as much. At times until its laid out on a table in front of us we are not aware of How much we take in during the day. A snack here and there.

I took off over 100 lbs and two year's later that is still OFF. NO trastic eating changes too I have hit that BRICK wall no matter what I try it will not move more off. The Dr said that might just well be ME. Said that if Blood Pressure and all the other tests are FINE she is not worried on me. Keep the exercise going and watching eating levels.

We all have that place we settle into. Be happ with whom one is. If one is healty then dont worry on the image in the mirror. LOVe whom one is .

Lynn
Old 23-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Guide
Thank you for sharing your story, Lynn. And great for you for having lost that weight. Be happy with what you are, that is very true. I gotta start loving the "me" in the mirror as much as I love the "me" that is my ideal.

(The Book of Fate)
Old 29-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Guide
Feeling good...

Christmas with my family was okay, my parents were so happy to see me, especially my dad. With the christmas buffet and later mom's kitchen I allowed myself to have a little bit of everything, and I didn't overeat. Yesterday evening we went to eat out in a fine restaurant (it was our parent's christmas present for us kids to invite us to the restaurant) and I had fish with veggies and potatoes, but later a cup of caramel ice-cream for dessert - everybody had dessert and I couldn't be the odd one who didn't.

I don't know my body weight right now as my scale's batteries are empty, but from how my pants fit me I'd say I kept my weight.

Let's see if I can start the new year with 100kg or less...

(The Book of Fate)
Old 29-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Master
xoxoxo glad you're doing good......it's good you're blogging here that way you can have support.
Spiritlite.
Old 30-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Guide
I'm quite angry!!!

I've just changed the scale's empty batteries for new ones, and stepped on it in my underwear to see my body weight (with two yoghurts and a latte macchiato in my stomach) - and my ... scale showed 104,6kg! It showed 101kg a week ago!

As I don't think I've put on three and a half kilos with my family, there is only one conclusion: My scale showed me a wrong body weight in it's last days with the old batteries... and now with the new ones, showing my real weight, it's clear that it upsets me to see that number of kilos...

But well, it can't be changed, so I'd have to accept it. The dream of 100kg or less for New Year's Eve is dead, and I've put on about 10kg this year of 2010. But then, 2011 is already waiting for losing that weight and more!

Today I'll make a "light" day, I've had two yoghurts and a latte, I'll soon have a sandwich with ham and the rest of the day will be fruit and a vegetable soup for dinner. And I'll go have a good long walk.

Hugs and kisses to whoever takes the time to read this.
Love, Kiran

(The Book of Fate)
Old 30-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Sira

Kiran, my weight easily fluctuates several kilos with the menstrual cycle, maybe you are in that part of the cycle where the body restores liquid?