Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Experiencer

I don't want to take over this thread. Maybe I will post on the evp thread? I have many, many clips from my son. EVP can be very hard to hear. There's a learning curve to be able to decipher it. Some people never can. Some clips are clearer than others. It's really quite a bit of work for both parties but it has been worth it for me.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Experiencer

I started a thread in the evp section. You can find it here: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=52495
Old 08-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Experiencer

Sorry for taking over here...just wanted to tell you that I've played around with the files (amplified them) on the thread I started on evp. So if you listened once and couldn't hear, try again, please.

I just now put it together that my father was there with my son when they were making the evp. That's pretty cool. So my son was getting some help. This was more than 2 years after his death.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxoid
So judging by all of your responses, suicide is more acceptable than society would lead one to believe? There is no reason to question it, fight it, or turn the other way. If an opportunity presents itself, and the circumstance seems to push one to do so, one should follow through and embrace the transformation that is death? Am I wrong to believe this? I don't care to hear about mental illnesses, only the truth. Is it really ok with spirit to take one's own life? If it is a journey of healing, why not everyone is pain embrace this ability to pass on upon will?

No, I don't think that any of us meant that it was OK.....You are not escaping anything, as you will have to come back and do it all over again--same problems, same obstacles, etc..and you have lost any progress already made....and you have caused great misery and pain to those that cared for you "and" you have broken your spiritual contract....It is never OK to take your own life.. It serves no purpose whatsoever..
Old 08-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Deactivated Account

I just want to chime in my 2 cents worth- but first to say Thank you to Dee47 for all her sharing, I think it's a wonderful contribution to this question and 'no coincidence' that Dee47 encountered this after toxoid posed the question.
I agree with SpiritCarrier, not just from my heart but from "studying," if you will. Suicide does set one back, the soul not only has to overcome the same troubles and challenges, but it may very well be harder- it's not punishment, it is cause and effect. Leadbeater, whose articles from some 100+ ago on theosophy are now popular with LOA-seekers, describes how thought patterns get more and more entrenched thru lifetimes. We often think of our wrongs from one life being done to us in the next, and that may be common but according to Leadbeater if we fail at challenges, those bad habits & such get more entrenched, just like habits within lives. So suicide would not just mean a loss of time, it's such a strong/irreversible act of giving up, it would add a whole new steep hill to climb next time around. I say this because I have struggled with the desire at times (esp 20 yrs ago...) before finally arriving at some convictions.
In a related example there's the Spiritual Science Research Fndtn studies (look online), they actually had some 'studies' on abortion, as in, I guess they listend to spirits who told them things... you know, credible spirits of course, ahem... well if you can follow that- they said there are all these conditions around it that affect your karma/moral/whatever points, all kinds of factors that can be mitigating or not. So I'd assume the same would apply for suicide-- there might be certain circumstances like if one were imprisoned and tortured, gravely ill, disfigured, life is horribly painful and prospects aren't good, then perhaps a loving God understands. But as someone commented most suicides in U.S. don't fall in that category.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
Dee, I am also very deeply sorry for your loss. I do want to point out to you and everyone here, I am sure you understand this, but anyone who commits suicide for what seems like no apparent reason is likely in a tremendous amount of emotional pain. Dee you obviously felt that kind of pain with the loss of your child but your son's pain was possibly arising from a place he could not pinpoint and to some degree when your life seems wonderful on the outside and for all intense purposes is but you have this incredible emotional pain it can be hard to reconcile it as one might be able to with a cause to focus on. The person becomes lost and starts to blame themselves and things just spiral out of control. It is easy to fight a demon right in front of you but when it is lurking in the shadows it is hard to know what you are fighting in the first place. I have a tremendous amount of compassion for those who have lost a loved one to suicide but the amount of pain the loved one feels is likely at least the same amount of pain the suicide person was feeling before they left. The regret is very likely from realizing they now just inflicted on the ones they love the same intensity of pain they were trying to stop.

This is just my perspective but how I feel I know this is I was in such a severe depression at one point in my life I didn't just want to die, I knew it would not fix the problem, but the emotional pain was so strong that I did not want to exist. I just couldn't understand how it was OK to for our spirits to be subjected to such intense negativity and I questioned whether or not I even wanted to be a spirit. It was kind of excruciating to me that I could not just implode on the spot. It was a very very difficult time for me and you really don't realize how incredibly painful emotions can be until you experience them. And not knowing why makes it even that much more harder to cope with. That said, with a lot of encouragement from my guides and help from the only person who knew, my mother, who talked me off the ledge countless times, I was able to make it through the storm and discover that as intense as emotions can get they won't destroy you. But I have an incredible amount of compassion for those who were unable to overcome. I am sure they regret hurting the ones they love more than anything. I know you know this Dee but I just felt it important to give a perspective from the other side. Suicide hurts everyone. Forgiveness is what is needed.

Last edited by Michelle11 : 08-06-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:11 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I don't know if it has altered the energy vibration with the spirits I have spoken to that have committed suicide, but what I do know is that they carry a lot of guilt. Like anyone else who has passed for any other reason, they have to go through a period of self-reflection. If there were any lessons they came into this life to learn, chances are, those lessons will come around again in the next lifetime.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:13 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxoid
So judging by all of your responses, suicide is more acceptable than society would lead one to believe? There is no reason to question it, fight it, or turn the other way. If an opportunity presents itself, and the circumstance seems to push one to do so, one should follow through and embrace the transformation that is death? Am I wrong to believe this? I don't care to hear about mental illnesses, only the truth. Is it really ok with spirit to take one's own life? If it is a journey of healing, why not everyone is pain embrace this ability to pass on upon will?

What is one person's truth is something entirely different to someone else.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:16 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
I trust you are not contemplating taking your own life, Noxoid?

When the fruit is ripe it will fall - and not before. Life can be very hard at times and sad, but through trials and tribulations the spirit grows.
The workings of the Spirit can be mysterious indeed at times, but there is sense and purpose to it all. Though we may not understand it at the time.

To take one's own life interferes with one's destiny. If there is some lesson to be learned or karmic debt to be repaid, by bailing out, you don't escape it. It still needs to learnt/settled.

We must stand our ground as best we can, no matter what Fate throws at us.

'Play up!, play up! and play the game.'

I loved all of that!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:29 PM
noxoid

I thank each and every one of you for taking time to respond to my thoughts. I have been quite lost and now I understand that, in order for the circumstance to improve, one must be willing to put forth effort in improving the circumstance. I now also understand that, although the act of death is an innevitable experience which shall repeat itself in various ways, it shall come exactly as it was meant to be. I do not seek death, but now I am able to accept it. Also I shall be at peace should a loved one be taken, or progressed by death. I habe felt like I am a ghost, haunting dark forests full of shadows of the past. These substances may only harm me should I open myself and surrender to them. I will it not. Instead, I set fire to the dead wood and grow something new, youthful, and beautiful. I thought spirit abandoned me like every human has, but it is not so. I have abandoned spirit, wrongfully, but I am glad I did it. Now I shall understand this deep pain And it shall allow me to assist others in understanding. I may seem alone now, but the world is at our feet; and, together, as we exchange our experiences, we shall light the whole wide world...... And beyond. I only pray spirit forgives my doubt and hatred for life.

Thank you all and Blessed Be. i may now move forward, may death take us when the moment is right. Suicide truly is self-contempt.... Like a selfish murder.... And that contempt can only swell until it bursts at the seams of the spiritual body, harming all lives who have been touched. I close this thread.

I say it thrice to make it right
Thank you all for your input, it has allowed me to continue to grow