Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Master
What trees can teach us

I love trees I remember my youngest memories of admiring and talking to and sitting under trees.....

here is something I read one time about trees in a book I can't remember but I saved it...here it is

Trees grow up through their branches, and down through their roots into the earth. They also grow wider with each passing year. As they do, they shed the bark that served to protect them. but now is no longer big enough to contain them. In the same way, we create boundaries, and develop defenses to protect ourselves and then, at a certain point, we outgrow them. If we don't allow ourselves to shed our protective layer, we can't expand to our full potential.

Trees need their protective bark to enable the delicate process of growth and renewal to unfold without threat. Likewise, we need our boundaries and defenses so that the more vulnerable parts of ourselves can safely heal and unfold. But our growth also depends upon our ability to soften, loosen, and shed boundaries and defenses we no longer need. It is often the case in life that structures we put in place to help us grow eventually become constricting.

Unlike a tree, we must consciously decide when it's time to shed our bark and expand our boundaries, so we can move into our next ring of growth. Many spiritual teachers have suggested that our egos don't disappear, so much as they become large enough to hold more than just our small sense of self--the boundary of self widens to contain people and beings other than just 'me'. Each time we shed a layer of defensiveness, or ease up on a boundary that we no longer need, we metaphorically become bigger people. With this in mind, it is important that we take time to question our boundaries and defenses. While it is essential to set and honor the protective barriers we have put in place, it is equally important that we soften and release them when the time comes. In doing so, we create the space for our next phase of growth.

Spiritlite
Old 18-06-2011, 03:29 AM
Master
Nothing. Only a guru can learn from a tree.
Old 18-06-2011, 03:30 AM
Master
Gem :)
Spiritlite.
Old 18-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Master
You know what is cool about trees....they were here before we were. In essence they gave us life............
James
Old 18-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Master
Very true White...very true. I have an old oak in my "backyard" amongst the vineyards that I just adore and I sit under her anytime I can and just meditate and relax and feel her roots and her power and strength and her arms stretching to the sun and how alive she is and all the life in her and that live in her.
Spiritlite.
Old 18-06-2011, 05:09 AM
SunMist

I love trees! Whenever I'm thinking on a problem I often go walking in a place with many trees and often I find an answer. One particular time I was walking in late winter among magnolia trees and I saw their growing buds. It was still very cold and it was going to be several weeks before those buds could hope to open. It struck me what incredible faith is built into those trees - each year in what seems like the depth of winter they put the energy into creating the flowers that will bloom months later. So to me all flowering trees, especially ones that put a lot of energy into their flowers during the cold season make me think of profound faith.

ETA: Thanks Spiritlite for starting this thread!
Old 18-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Master
I love trees !! I had an awesome tree growing up, actually 2, a willow and a Magnolia. They were both very special and magical.

When I was older my 2 trees became, A Bradford Pear and The Japanese Maple in the backyard. I loved those 2 magical trees. We since moved from there and we are surrounded my Georgia Pine, while I don't really feel drawn to GA pines there is a feeling about them .... can't quite figure out what though. Some are a bit creepyish. I like Pine trees but these are creepy. Worrisome.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 18-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Master
Elfay
Amber comes from some conifers and has these properties. Perhaps you can gleen something from below as to why you feel they seem creepy?

Healing Properties:
Aids healing of the Central Nervous System, brain, memory loss, cell regeneration, stomach anxiety, spine disorders, and overall health protection. It is said to be excellent for detoxification and as protection against radiation. Also helpful in ailments of the endocrine system, spleen, and heart. Wearing amber is said to prevent or relieve deafness, insanity, sore throat, earache, headace, toothache, asthma, rheumatism, digestive troubles and most anything else. Burning powdered amber during childbirth is said to assist in labor and prevent excessive bleeding. Ground and mixed with honey and ingested is said to help improve ones eyesight, when ground and mixed in rose oil it is used to treat earaches, and inhaling the fumes from burning amber is said to cure tonsillitis, colds, flu, and bronchitis. It was once used in a syrup containing opium as a sedative (not sure if the amber had anything to do with its sedative powers though!). Holding a piece of amber is said to relieve high fever or help the patient overcome heat exhaustion.

Magickal/Metaphysical Properties:

Amber will open the Solar Plexus Chakra and will balance the energies in the body. It is said to draw out negativity and bring one a sense of peace and confidence. Use in ritual or meditation ot improve the memory, balance the emotions, and inspire confidence. Burning amber as an incense will clear the area of negativity. Used in meditation and ritual to rediscover the ancient knowledge of our ancestors and to help remember our own past lives. A good stone to use when you need some balance in your life or just need to get back in touch with the earth. It is also useful in dissoving energy blockages and may be used at any chakra point to bring one's aura back into balance.
Old 18-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Master
You are fortunate to live so close to the redwood trees, spiritlite.

That's the type of forest I definitely wish to visit one day.
Old 18-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Time

Trees are awsome...

FYI - There were giant redwoods present all the way to pitsburg PA, untill the 1700s, when the last few were cut down. They actualy spread accross the entire continent !

Some benefits of trees:

They make rain
They cool the air
They warm the ground
Food for all animals
SHelter for animals
SOmething for vining plants to climb
They look damn sexy
shade
They make clouds
They aid other plants around them ( russian olive and others fix atmospheric nitrogen into the soil, and at leaf drop, making its own fertilizer)
Collect rain
Change all carbon, to oxygen
Make life on land possible
Bees use then for pollen
THey stabilize soil
Cast shade for soil and or shade loving plants.
They make the weather as we see it.
Trees are the lungs of the earth...

Crysaetos, if you live on the east coast, below maine, or the lower states, and the west coast, you can easily grow redwood trees! They are hardy to southern minnisoda!