Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-03-2020, 02:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I had the same reaction as @BigJohn. I am no biblical scholar, but I don't know that Jesus ever said he was God, and I have heard this argument go on between those who argue about such things before. In John there are some passages that could be read that way, but they could also be not read to mean that as well... or then again maybe John was not necessarily the Gospel truth it was canonized to be. Interesting article I found on that.
https://www.npr.org/2014/04/07/30024...-he-become-one

For my two cents, I would say that Jesus was/is God, but then I would say the same of anyone. If you want to know God, know yourself first.

Anyway, I will add one more Gospel passage to BigJohn's list.

Gospel of Thomas (3) Jesus said: "If those who lead you say to you: See, the kingdom is in heaven, then the birds of the heaven will go before you; if they say to you: It is in the sea, then the fish will go before you. But the kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will know that you are the sons of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you are in poverty, and you are poverty."

I would also say that your victory is God's victory.

Gospel of Thomas (70) Jesus said: "If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

This is indeed an interesting thread, and I loved your post.