Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 19-01-2013, 03:28 AM
cosmonaut

Personal Power Stones

Hello everyone :)

A good friend of mine is very into tarot cards, and before every reading she makes me hold white crystals, and I've read about the healing powers of crystals and gems..

I'm wondering, does each individual have their own gem stone that I suppose 'enhances' them? Am I thinking birth stones?

I ask because recently I went to a local farmer's market and picked up a leather pouch which held a dried rosebud and some turquoise.. I have always loved turquoise, felt wonderful wearing it, the color soothes me (although it is a rather calming color in general). When I talked to the salesman, he said his Native American wife made it and that it had a card to go with it, and it had an eagle as a 'spirit animal', and their 'power stone' being turquoise and this intrigued me. The turquoise stone has shown up consistently in my life, and I wonder if I am drawn to it?

What does a 'power' stone do? Is there a specific name? Is there a specific name?

P.s. I know spirit animal questions are probably for another thread, but I am curious to know how those two are related (eagle and turquoise).. if they are related :)

I could be making something out of nothing also.. haha :) Thank you all!
Old 19-01-2013, 04:14 AM
Ascender

I'm not so knowledgeable about how specifically the eagle and turquoise stone are related, but one reason I avoided seeking my totem animal for so long was that my understanding of the concept came off to me as a distraction. A totem was a symbolic dis-identification with oneself. (My understanding of totem was closer to the Norse Pagan "fylgia" than the Ojibwe family mascot totem.)

Now that I'm returning to the spiritual in the material, even the spiritual in the symbolic "illusion", and embracing these? I'd say yes, everyone at a given moment can have: a personal power animal, a personal power stone, a power flower... or none, if their choose their path to be more abstract. Or one or the other, if they find more power in one symbol-category over another.

There are reflections of our inner wisdom in all categories of our experience, and, yes, they can sometimes intermingle.

Right now, my personal power stone is amber. It may be more medicinal than identification, because I'm... well, I identify as very prone to colds, and amber seems to counteract that and allow me to be more myself.
Old 19-01-2013, 04:24 AM
cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida

I'd say yes, everyone at a given moment can have: a personal power animal, a personal power stone, a power flower... or none, if their choose their path to be more abstract. Or one or the other, if they find more power in one symbol-category over another.

There are reflections of our inner wisdom in all categories of our experience, and, yes, they can sometimes intermingle.

Right now, my personal power stone is amber. It may be more medicinal than identification, because I'm... well, I identify as very prone to colds, and amber seems to counteract that and allow me to be more myself.

I see.. I appreciate your response so much :)
Old 19-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Amethyst Angel

I believe I have my own power stone. I am always drawn to amethyst, and it is also my birthstone. A question I have asked before is similar to what you have asked, being can just one stone/crystal be used for all healing for a person drawn to that particular stone all the time rather than having lots of different kinds of crystals and using whatever one is good for healing a particular ailment. Personally I would say go with your gut instinct and I think that turquoise is definitely your personal power stone and what a lovely stone it is too.

Love, light and blessings

Amethyst Angel
Old 19-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Experiencer
Yes crystals can help and benift any and all secondary rituals when used properly.. As with tarot and chakras and mnay other areas of worship or rituals.. the stoen can help the user/s to stay focused and empower those around them.
Howeevr I would bewarry of touching others stones and I'm very surprised that your friend allowed you to touch his or her stoens.. or did I miss read your comment.
In this case I would seek out stone for your self when you attend these rituals.. They must be cleansed and maintained according to said rituals and pracitces. I would love to incorpurate stones/crystals into my wife's tarot readings.. this can/could only add extra to the whole proccess.
Old 20-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Likes2Read

I saw something on the making of Turquoise jewelry ny a Native American artist a few weeks ago. (I love the show "How It's Made".) there was a brief mention of the connection between the color of Turquoise and the sky. If that's the symbolism, then it would make sense for a stone that's associated with the sky to also bear a connection to the Eagle.
Old 20-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Likes2Read

Incidentally, my own personal power stone is clear quartz. I love a lot of different kinds of stone, but I have had an immense fascination for, and resonance with, clear quartz since I first saw a photograph of it in my science book as a second-grader. I was utterly amazed by the concept of a transparent stone. Meeting actual quartz in person, years later, was a happy event. And I didn't even know, consciously, about vibrations and energies at the time. It resonated anyway.

Another transparent stone that I have had some success with -- and fortunately, a small sample goes a long way, since my wallet won't allow for anything else -- is diamond. Regrettably, I won't be amassing a large collection of THOSE anytime soon, lol. But I will say that if you happen to have a piece of diamond jewelry, even one with a small stone, I advice getting to know it better and seeing if its vibrations give you a boost. Crystallized carbon is quite potent.
Old 22-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Experiencer
My Wife's Comment

This past weekend I spoke with my wife on this topic. Seeing how she is the tarot reader in the family, she never realized that by using the stones can only help with the over all response of the tarot card and the reading as a whole.

Along with the reading.. Afterwards, the pendulums or stones/crystals can offer the practitioner a better awareness to the reading and that of the whom the reading has been directed to.

So yes, One can and should incorporate stones within the and after said reading.. Choosing the stones lay out and selecting what pendulums to use can only pin point the reading and benefit the whole ritual.