Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 22-02-2020, 01:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Plot twist. You are real and everyone else, including me, is an NPC.
Old 22-02-2020, 03:11 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Plot twist. You are real and everyone else, including me, is an NPC.

"...and everyone else, including me, is..."

I don't know what an NPC is, but whatever it is, it seems to have an is-ness that sounds rather thing-ish and real-ish.
Old 22-02-2020, 03:20 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
"...and everyone else, including me, is..."

I don't know what an NPC is, but whatever it is, it seems to have an is-ness that sounds rather thing-ish and real-ish.

I think NPC is short for Non Player Character.
Old 22-02-2020, 03:31 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I think NPC is short for Non Player Character.
I thought perhaps it might. Who or what then determines the actions of a non-player character?
Old 22-02-2020, 03:45 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
I thought perhaps it might. Who or what then determines the actions of a non-player character?

haven't a clue.Perhaps the Non Players .
Old 19-03-2020, 05:05 AM
Seeker

I have heard from a trusted teacher that; "Yes you do exist. You exist now and always will exist in some form. You exist because in somewhere and in some when you are needed for the uniqueness of who you are."

Love and kindness
namaste
Old 19-03-2020, 06:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokey
I have heard from a trusted teacher that; "Yes you do exist. You exist now and always will exist in some form. You exist because in somewhere and in some when you are needed for the uniqueness of who you are."

Love and kindness
namaste

yes this is correct to some degree, yet nothing is what it seams.
Old 19-03-2020, 12:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

They are AI controlled instead of by a human player. As such, they are usually only programmed to do certain jobs such as selling weapons/items to the player, or act as bosses. They lack a will and freedom of their own while human players on the other hand, are in a way ''conscious'' and ''self aware'' because their thoughts and actions are controlled and determined by real people behind a keyboard. Kinda comparable to a body controlled by the soul.
Old 19-03-2020, 02:25 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
They are AI controlled instead of by a human player. As such, they are usually only programmed to do certain jobs such as selling weapons/items to the player, or act as bosses. They lack a will and freedom of their own while human players on the other hand, are in a way ''conscious'' and ''self aware'' because their thoughts and actions are controlled and determined by real people behind a keyboard. Kinda comparable to a body controlled by the soul.
Well, these non-player characters, whoever and how many they may be, do sound rather useful to the game. To be honest, the more I look at any intelligence, particularly my own, the more artificial it seems to be. Most humans I know, particularly myself, seem less and less "self aware", and my actions taken with my "freewill" start to be seen more and more as effects rather than causes. Some would say it is all just cause and effect. I am just an illusion created by the universe as the deterministic laws of physics play out through time. This self, this I that I am aware of, does not really exist. Within a certain scope of I, and from a certain perspective on I, this can be seen as true. However, I have never given up on my own existence, and from other scopes and perspectives it seems I can still exist. I am not just an AI non-player character, programmed to think thoughts of my own existence and of freedom and will. Which was why I originally started this thread with a post to that article. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0603124621.htm
The fate of Schrodinger's cat is not just a matter of random chance. It's fate, both life and death, can be seen coming, and a choice can still be made. I am the one who can make that choice, and I like cats. The living cat can exist because I do, and am free to will it to be so. Yet I can not make this choice for you. You will still find a cat both dead and alive. Perhaps you don't like cats and will choose to go your own way, or perhaps you enjoy my playing enough to go along with my choice and stick around. Either way you will go on with the game, but if you choose to kill the cat, you will be dead to me.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:20 AM
Elfin

Hi, this made me chuckle. I have often wondered if I really exist. I sometimes think.. "what if I died years ago".. but couldn't accept , and I merely imagine still being a part of this family. I could ask them of course if I'm real. But their reply would still be part of the illusion!! Then other times I think "For goodness sake woman, get a hobby!" Lol. So yes you do exist, or do you? Lol.