Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 05-07-2011, 10:45 PM
LIFE

Evil Bible

Interesting website.

All of the texts that christians either never talk about, rationalize, or admit are "difficult" yet implore others to "take them on faith."

http://www.evilbible.com/

Last edited by LIFE : 06-07-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Time

awsome site dude!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Rush22

Be careful

This website seems very gristly and deliberately anti-Christian. Yes, there may be discrepancies in the Bible (I haven't read it completely), but this website just takes passages and uses them to judge what the Word of God is. And 'Retard of the Month'? Why would a true Spiritual website have such a debasing section? If I were you, I'd skip this website; instead of seeking to 'expose' organized Christianity in a balanced way, it's going straight for depravity and negativity. Not very welcoming at all.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Time

Some of the things are a bit imbelished, but its no difference then what people do to the bible anyways, especialy fundies.

Lots of what he said, is the exact same thing ive come to find. Especialy the part about god being perfect, yet contradicting himself. It just cant happen.

Id rather know the truth, then keep my eyes shut because its what people tell me to belive
Old 06-07-2011, 04:01 PM
avenger

If you take the Bible for what it is, there are no discrepancies. This is because I don't see a need nor have a desire to extract doctrines from what is only a storybook.

Any spiritually mature person who has immersed themselves in the world of the Bible doesn't get offended or frightened by the "evil" texts.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:28 PM
LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger
If you take the Bible for what it is, there are no discrepancies. This is because I don't see a need nor have a desire to extract doctrines from what is only a storybook.

Any spiritually mature person who has immersed themselves in the world of the Bible doesn't get offended or frightened by the "evil" texts.

Well, of course it's just a story book. I know that, you know that, but millions of Christians and Jews do not know this.

To them, the idea that this is "only a story book" is anathema. They hold it is as "God-breathed", perfect, infallible, inerrant, etc, etc.

Whenever an old book is deified, worshipped, and used to rationalize grossly irrational/deviant behavior, it should be exposed.

There is untold suffering, division, and violence caused by that "storybook" and likely much more to come. So, it's a little different than Hansel & Gretel in that respect. It deserves to be systematically dismantled and shown for what it is- one of the most disgusting, immoral, depraved, and perverted books ever committed to writing.

The fact that it is held as "Holy" and the "Word of God" is undeniable proof of the awful capacity humans have for believing the unbelievable (usually out of fear).
Old 06-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Rivendoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush22
This website seems very gristly and deliberately anti-Christian. Yes, there may be discrepancies in the Bible (I haven't read it completely), but this website just takes passages and uses them to judge what the Word of God is.

This in my problem with how the bible is used by many christians... I call it 'cherry-picking' quotes that support their particular biases and beliefs then they say that this is 'The One and Only Truth' and is the 'Word of God' and can't be questioned or disputed... and anyone who does is working for the devil... So... it is interesting to see the tables turned and I would like to know if those same people would say these parts of the bible come directly from the mouth of god... you start seeing a lot of back peddling... which I think is a good thing!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:22 PM
chakragal

I love it-"cherry-picking". PERFECT description to take certain passages and use them to fuel one's one beliefs while ignoring other contradictions. The Bible was written by humans, well, of the male persuasion, and then further translated from the original languages. This is why I choose to allow my own truths to be somewhere in the middle, and I personally do not go for hellish atrocities as anything to believe is what a loving Deity would want for anyone. Nor do I also think uptight and prescribed roles rule things either. Somewhere in there I prefer to favor that people be kind to one another and also try to connect with the Divine, God, whatever name the person calls their Deity. Some of the most spiritual people I know don't have an official "religion". And I don't think a Divine spends all his/her time arrogantly and angrily demanding humans to fall at their knees, but rather do the work of being kind and caring to the other humans. And in my personal view, to connect with the Divine, one also needs to be OPEN to that in a loving way while not haughtily putting down others who go about belief in their own way. God's voice isn't only heard by self identified Christians.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger

I suppose there is a good explanation that Adam and Eve had two sons. To create more children, who did those two males mate with to create more people? Unless Adam and Eve had more than the two males and had more offspring. Then it would follow that they were mating with their siblings. But is that not incest? Where did all the daughters of men come from that the angels mated with? Just another question not answered....
Old 06-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakragal
I love it-"cherry-picking". PERFECT description to take certain passages and use them to fuel one's one beliefs while ignoring other contradictions. The Bible was written by humans, well, of the male persuasion, and then further translated from the original languages. This is why I choose to allow my own truths to be somewhere in the middle, and I personally do not go for hellish atrocities as anything to believe is what a loving Deity would want for anyone. Nor do I also think uptight and prescribed roles rule things either. Somewhere in there I prefer to favor that people be kind to one another and also try to connect with the Divine, God, whatever name the person calls their Deity. Some of the most spiritual people I know don't have an official "religion". And I don't think a Divine spends all his/her time arrogantly and angrily demanding humans to fall at their knees, but rather do the work of being kind and caring to the other humans. And in my personal view, to connect with the Divine, one also needs to be OPEN to that in a loving way while not haughtily putting down others who go about belief in their own way. God's voice isn't only heard by self identified Christians.
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru