Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 12-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionQuest
Sugar = Pain ; it will turn your body ACIDIC and that brings on bodily PAIN!

STOP ALL SUGAR and substitute w/ STEVIA and Xylitol as these will not harm the body , teeth and bones!

Go to an ORGANIC CO-OP or Farm for advice in nutrition~

Quite right, refined sugar is bad. A factor and 'food source' in all manner of unwelcome ailments & diseases.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 12-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Quite right, refined sugar is bad. A factor and 'food source' in all manner of unwelcome ailments & diseases.

That's why I want to cut down on the sugar intake. I know how much it can harm your health. A little bit too can't hurt much either! Just saying!
Old 23-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Seeker

If you are having sugar cravings...means you are not eating enouff fruits. Eat at least 1kg/day of fruits (which?...depending on season)

PS an ultra marathon runner...Michael Arnstein..eats around 12kg fruits/day.
Old 24-12-2014, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilush
If you are having sugar cravings...means you are not eating enouff fruits. Eat at least 1kg/day of fruits (which?...depending on season)

PS an ultra marathon runner...Michael Arnstein..eats around 12kg fruits/day.

Thanks for your advice! I wish I could do that but I'm fructose intolerance so I can't eat so much fruit during the day.
Old 24-12-2014, 02:45 AM
Everly

Since you still eat the flesh of fish, which is meat, you haven't stopped eating meat. Whether from land or water, an animal's flesh (muscle) is meat. So it's clear that the sugar cravings are not because you stopped eating "meat".

I didn't have sugar cravings when I went veg overnight more than 20 years ago, but I've never been much of a sweet-eater. It may not have anything at all to do with what you eat or don't eat; there's no way to tell for sure. Try giving yourself a treat at the end of the day, but make it something sort of healthy...chocolate-covered banana or strawberries, for example. As mentioned by others, substituting the sweeter fruits can help, too.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Master
Heaven honey it doesn't sound like your diet is really all that healthy, you have to look at chemicals and additives and other toxic things in food.. also gmos are you eating food that has corn or beets that were injecting with gut-exploding bacteria? because most food at least in the U.S. has gmo ingredients, or produce that isn't trustworthy and organic is sprayed with pesticide, some of these pesticides are part of the recipe for Agent Orange which has caused defects and other horrible health issues for people in Vietnam and other soldiers who were there for the war.. So you need to clean your diet up and eat high quality organic food without added poisons.

I think sugar addictions are often because of parasitic infection. There are honestly not many people that don't have invasive parasites destroying their bodies.. but you can get rid of them if you do a proper detoxification and make a goal to vanquish them. Apparently some parasites can get into your brain, and literally control what you want to eat!

There are tons of fruits which are healthy for you, and many are anti-parasitic. Of course it's when you take the sugar away from its natural element surrounded by other nutrients that it becomes a problem. Maple syrup and raw honey or bee products are better because they are more complete and offer a lot of benefits.. although some day if I were being ideal I would probably give up those too.. but you can also make desserts without added sugar, lots of fruits and coconut and avocado can also be a dessert ingredient, frozen bananas make easy ice cream, etc..

Not eating meat is never a bad thing. but you do have to take responsibility and make sure that you give your body the nutrients it needs to help you, and don't poison it with all this sick stuff they put in our foods nowadays.. and tap water or bottled water hopefully you have a good water purifying system too because in addition to the toxic chemicals in there, and plastic chemicals leaching from the bottles, (getting non-fluoridated gallons instead of individual bottles would be the best IF you can't afford another option right now.. I just finally got my first water purifier, it's a Royal Berkey and cost over $200 but now I never have to worry about getting water from the store, and I knew so much about the tap water I could never drink it anymore no matter how thirsty..) parasites and bacteria and fungi and other crazy things pollute the water and thus sabotage your progress

I only became vegetarian myself at the beginning of October but I was learning about nutrition and health and all that long before. But actually if you eat fish you are not a vegetarian you are a pescetarian, which my brother also is.. sorry to be outspoken lol but I didn't really understand it.. I mean stopping animal cruelty is part of the goal right? but fish had lives too, and they suffer when they die too.. and some may suffer even more because they are caught and not killed right away, they suffocate to death in piles and bags/nets! very sad and traumatizing.. There are so many sources of protein and essential fatty acids and iron and all the other nutrients (except b12 is trickier but still possible to get from vegan sources) in plant food so there really is nothing missing if one doesn't have meat.. We just have to take ownership of our diets and sustenance of ourselves, and everyone should be doing that no matter what kind of lifestyle they want to have.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
Oddly, eating nuts may reduce your sugar cravings. Snack on unsalted nuts and see what happens.... (so long as you don't have an allergy of course.) Unsalted roasted peanuts/almonds/hazelnuts are delish! Brilliant protein as well.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Master
Hi Sapphirez! Thanks for your comment!

I do love sea food in general and the most I eat are shrimps and clams. I do know I'm not vegetarian but there is no section for pescetarian on the site. I wish I could be vegetarian completely but it will take me time and commitment. I do have a water filter so I don't drink tap or bottle water cause I know how bad the water is, specially where I live. I am working my way to a better health, I mean is not perfect and I don't think it will ever be a perfectly healthy diet but it is much better than before. I do have to cut down on the sugar and do a detox, I just love it but very addicting!! For a detox I need to be mentally prepare and I'm not prepare at the moment for it.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Oddly, eating nuts may reduce your sugar cravings. Snack on unsalted nuts and see what happens.... (so long as you don't have an allergy of course.) Unsalted roasted peanuts/almonds/hazelnuts are delish! Brilliant protein as well.

I been eating more nuts and it helps! I just eat almonds, love them!
Old 10-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly
Since you still eat the flesh of fish, which is meat, you haven't stopped eating meat. Whether from land or water, an animal's flesh (muscle) is meat. So it's clear that the sugar cravings are not because you stopped eating "meat".

I didn't have sugar cravings when I went veg overnight more than 20 years ago, but I've never been much of a sweet-eater. It may not have anything at all to do with what you eat or don't eat; there's no way to tell for sure. Try giving yourself a treat at the end of the day, but make it something sort of healthy...chocolate-covered banana or strawberries, for example. As mentioned by others, substituting the sweeter fruits can help, too.

I have always like sweets, but weird enough I don't like candy. I mainly like cookies, soda, pancakes, chocolate bars and more cookies I don't get tire of cookies is my weakness. Whether stopping eating meat affect it more, I don't know. Before I had control over it and now I don't. Some people just don't like sweets. Now with the holidays it was hard not to eat sweets, even thought I was sick from my stomach I still manage to eat sweets. Ridiculous! but I do have to enjoy once in a while the pleasures of life and sweets is one of them.

Last edited by Heaven : 11-01-2015 at 02:14 AM.