Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 30-07-2019, 07:24 AM
Knower
[quote=God-Like]Many spiritual teachings regard the body as a temple . There is unity in all aspects of self on a mind-body-spirit-soul level / experience.

Even, i treat my body as a sacred temple...BUT

I am a healer at heart and I work on many others and I work on myself .

What kinda work? Chakra healing?

I do so because I understand the relationship between what I am and the mind-body-spirit-soul experience .

Now if you supposedly believe that you have nothing to do with the body then you would not do anything bodily related .

Can you tell me that Adams went about his business in regards to life experience unkept and naked and didn't eat or drink?

He was married and had two children, how can a non self identified individual that has nothing to do with the body and the world entertain a marriage lol .

Maybe, you don't know...but the body has its destiny to fulfil(karma)...Bhagavan Ramana has said, Everything is predetermined....

Your questions, my answers...
My questions, your answers....everything is predetermined..Everything...period!

Do you understand the nature of self identification in order to function in this world?

Do you know that in order to identify with your own children and wife you need to identify with yourself.

Not necessarily...ever watched actors playing the multiple roles in the same play or movie?

We are all actors, life is a drama...and we are playing our multiple roles...The script is pre-written.

To suggest that you have nothing to do with this world or this body but still groom the body, get married, have sex, have children, drink beer and eat pizza then there is a serious level of confusion and denial present .

It's no good talking about the absence of self identity while engaging in it .

When they say, they have nothing to do with this world...it simply means....the WATCHER has become stronger...
Old 30-07-2019, 07:26 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

You must therefore begin to totally surrender, give up everything to God, forget about your troubles, forget about the world, just give it up.

~Robert Adams – T98: The Five Steps To Self Realization

Old 30-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Just thought I would add a link to a series of satsangs of Robert Adams
if anyone is interested in it.(Over 3.5 thousand pages)

https://www.academia.edu/7410648/Rob...ms_Transcripts

[Five steps to Self realization] starts on page 1799 not 1762 like the table of contents says.

Thank you so much
Old 30-07-2019, 07:29 AM
Knower
“You look at the movie and you see all kinds of dastardly things going on. But then you catch yourself and you say, "It's only a movie! It's not the truth." And so it is with life. You observe everything that's going on in life, you watch, you look, you see. Yet you never react. You're never for or against. You understand, and this makes you free.”

Robert Adams, Silence Of The Heart
Old 30-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Master
[quote=Tara5]
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
What I am saying is that concluding that I am has nothing to do with the body is a mental / intellectual exercise it's not something realized .

You are mixing up the head and the heart because you want it to fit in with your paradigm and with your portrayal of Adams.

Do you understand that coming to conclusions about reality and about oneself requires mental / intellectual relations, even if one recites poetry or declares all is Love?

Our mind is finite...it either exists in the past or in the future...Now you tell me, can a limited mind understand Limitless...?

No, the mind can't understand this phenomenon...mind evaporates that time

In regards to both of us singing from a different hymn sheet, we will probably both run out of hymns shortly lol .

In that case, sing from the same ( same means non-duality) hymn sheet, and the Truth will set you free

I am not sure that there has been any headway while you continue to see through rose coloured spectacles.

I don't wear rose-tinted-glasses....i see the Truth without the barrier of the Rose-coloured-Spectacles, just as it is....

You seem to think that you can have nothing to do with this body or this world, be unattached, unconditioned and function without entertaining any form of self identity.

This is so way off base it's borderline bonkers .. :)

Of course, I know this is my-body.....Have a profound respect for this body...I honor her, I listen to her, I LOVE this body....But, i don't IDENTIFY with this body...

And, there is a huge difference between LOVE and just being ATTACHED....

I have tried to explain the differences between mindful conclusions and realizations, direct knowings and realizations but no-one wants to admit to them.

This is because of the devotion and peeps only want to see what their beliefs allow. It is very difficult to let these restraints go because it in a way shapes their reality.

There is Nothing Wrong with Devotion....There are four main paths to salvation : Bhakti Yoga (devotion/love) is one of the only and easiest yogic paths to enlightenment.

My mums fella's mum (bit of a tongue twister I know) preached the bible to him and his bro and sister all his life, made him go to sunday school, join a church choir and she made his life a living hell.

60 years later she saw through the bible and gave the church up. She never said sorry to her children for what she put them through.

I have seen what false beliefs do to people and it never ends well, the greater you hold on to false concepts the greater the disappointment.
x dazzle

Believing is not Trusting...Trust is not Faith...Trust is inner-flowering..
I trust Ramana/Robert (unconditionally)...Coz I trust my Knowing ...

Your not really addressing my line of thought/s lol . I say that there requires mental / intellectual relations in order to conclude that you have nothing to do with the body or this world and you reply with what you have . You speak about the mind existing in the past or the future and what is limited and unlimited . All your doing is concluding more and more stuff that is mentally and intellectually infused in order to somehow wriggle out of the mental and intellectual reasoning that you have and Adams has demonstrated.

This is how conversations go in these instances because one becomes blinded by there beliefs so they make up more and more stuff in order to try and make their beliefs fit in with reality as it is or as they say it is. It is like the flat earther's trying to make fit their belief in that the earth is flat.

Your not admitting to yourself or to me that your conclusions are mind based, fused with mental and intellectual reasonings.

What you are speaking about is not realized is it . What is realized, is not anything that relates to time, space and the infinite, the mind-body or this world.

Until you admit that or try and understand that, then you are seeing through the rose tinted blinkers I spoke about yesterday..

You mentioned earlier about Adams teachings that touch your heart in reflection of truth, but many people's hearts are touched watching a sad movie, doesn't make what is happening true tho ..

It makes no sense to me for you to say that you know it's your body but you don't identify with your body . How can you know it's your body if you don't identify with it. How can you have nothing to do with the body and yet have profound respect for it . None of it makes any sense to me . All this confusion built upon a belief that has been concocted in mind that the intellect has made some kind of sense of ..

x daz x
Old 30-07-2019, 08:17 AM
Master
[quote=Tara5]
Quote:
Many spiritual teachings regard the body as a temple . There is unity in all aspects of self on a mind-body-spirit-soul level / experience.

Even, i treat my body as a sacred temple...BUT

I am a healer at heart and I work on many others and I work on myself .

What kinda work? Chakra healing?

I do so because I understand the relationship between what I am and the mind-body-spirit-soul experience .

Now if you supposedly believe that you have nothing to do with the body then you would not do anything bodily related .

Can you tell me that Adams went about his business in regards to life experience unkept and naked and didn't eat or drink?

He was married and had two children, how can a non self identified individual that has nothing to do with the body and the world entertain a marriage lol .

Maybe, you don't know...but the body has its destiny to fulfil(karma)...Bhagavan Ramana has said, Everything is predetermined....

Your questions, my answers...
My questions, your answers....everything is predetermined..Everything...period!

Do you understand the nature of self identification in order to function in this world?

Do you know that in order to identify with your own children and wife you need to identify with yourself.

Not necessarily...ever watched actors playing the multiple roles in the same play or movie?

We are all actors, life is a drama...and we are playing our multiple roles...The script is pre-written.

To suggest that you have nothing to do with this world or this body but still groom the body, get married, have sex, have children, drink beer and eat pizza then there is a serious level of confusion and denial present .

It's no good talking about the absence of self identity while engaging in it .

When they say, they have nothing to do with this world...it simply means....the WATCHER has become stronger...

Again, you can't treat your body like a temple while having nothing to do with it . It makes no sense at all .

You are welcome to explain how it is so.

My healing work involves many aspects, many energies, guides that work in specific fields.

It really depends on the situation at hand.

In regards to karma I have an understanding of it in relation to our experiences, but karma doesn't explain away that if you believe you have nothing to do with this world or the body then why would you get married and have children.

Again your reply in regards to karma doesn't address my line of thought/s regarding Adams actions in life. It's like you are brushing what I am saying under the carpet .

Adams brushing teeth, putting on a clean shirt and tie for his wedding involves him self identifying himself in reflection of his wife and what marriage means, and what personal love means to him. You can't have all these reflections and knowings while in the same breath saying he has got nothing to do with any of it . It's all ego / self related through identification.

Nothing you have said or implied refutes this at all. Your putting on the blinkers again ..

In regards to the actors analogy, again, what you are saying doesn't address my line of thought. What you said doesn't negate the fact that you need to self identify in order to get married lol . I think you think we are just preprogrammed robots lol

When you say the watcher becomes stronger that is just creating a divide between what you are as the watcher and the world. Why would anyone want to put distance between one aspect of what you are and another. That doesn't reflect union at all. It reflects separation on some level.

The witness only exists because self does . When self is no more there is no more witnessing. When people try and prise apart the witness from the world they are trying to outbox their shadow. It's futile to do this. It's a dog chasing there tail.

x daz x
Old 30-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
"The only way you will ever awaken is through silence, not through analyzation of facts. Not by sorting out good and bad, but through simple silence, letting go. Letting go of all thoughts, all the hurts, all the dogmas and concepts. Letting go of these things daily." ~ Robert Adams

I know goofed on the last hurdle, didn't know I goofed on the first hurdle
Old 30-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Somethings always stay with us.

I can never take someone happiness away, to prove a point

Have fun daz and remember patience is a virtue
Old 30-07-2019, 09:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Somethings always stay with us.

I can never take someone happiness away, to prove a point

Have fun daz and remember patience is a virtue

It's a difficult one isn't it, depending on how one looks at it .

If you are a teacher and you write books in order to spread the world and educate the masses then you hold in your hands a great responsibility.

There are many vulnerable people out there in the big wide world that are suffering and utterly lost unto themselves.

Now as said before, peeps can resonate with what these teacher/guru's say and they can take that onboard and start to think they have nothing to do with this world or the body even thought there is an obvious attachment / union with their awareness of such on an emotional / mental / spiritual level.

Now one can question their own awareness based upon what another teacher has said and brainwash you into thinking that no-one is here and what is here is just an illusion or what you are is nothing more than a projected predetermined robot in disguise.

Now what is for better or worse, believing that you are an illusory predetermined robot in disguise or questioning the nature of that conclusion.

Would one be happier for believing that they are figments of ones imagination for example or would one be happier knowing that they truly exist as an individual that is real and that which is not separate from all that is and that there is no need to distance themselves from anything ..

x daz x
Old 30-07-2019, 10:39 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
It's a difficult one isn't it, depending on how one looks at it .

If you are a teacher and you write books in order to spread the world and educate the masses then you hold in your hands a great responsibility.

There are many vulnerable people out there in the big wide world that are suffering and utterly lost unto themselves.

Now as said before, peeps can resonate with what these teacher/guru's say and they can take that onboard and start to think they have nothing to do with this world or the body even thought there is an obvious attachment / union with their awareness of such on an emotional / mental / spiritual level.

Now one can question their own awareness based upon what another teacher has said and brainwash you into thinking that no-one is here and what is here is just an illusion or what you are is nothing more than a projected predetermined robot in disguise.

Now what is for better or worse, believing that you are an illusory predetermined robot in disguise or questioning the nature of that conclusion.

Would one be happier for believing that they are figments of ones imagination for example or would one be happier knowing that they truly exist as an individual that is real and that which is not separate from all that is and that there is no need to distance themselves from anything ..

x daz x

Good afternoon daz

If I was a teacher there would be no theory, you would be out in the thick of it learning it for yourself. The only reason I could think of for been there is to pick you up and dust you off if you fell down, ready for the next round.

Strange that was my parents down to a tee, always there at the bottom of the hill, dust muffin off so he could get in to more trouble

The thing is I've never look at books/teachers for help, only to see where they are, call it a gauge to go by.

Thats how they done things not saying it right or wrong, I know it's not for me I'm not going to live my life thru them, I have my own life to live and my answers lie within.

Thats why I said teachers have to many hang ups, words are easy, actions are another and pure intent is a totally different ball game,
Don't ask me about the last part it just pop in