Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 02-07-2023, 09:44 AM
Master

Sky…….. “But if your mind is thinking, then who is observing the mind thinking?
I personally believe we have two minds, one the thinker and the other the observer.”

Thank you Sky. This is along the lines of what I was relating to regarding the question.

Sky………”But if your mind is thinking, then who is observing the mind thinking?”

Jeez that’s one to get the mind boggling! I guess you could go further and say, “where do the thoughts come from and where do they go”. Sadhguru talked about this and he said, “thoughts are just regurgitated data”. Maybe so.

I have read a few things of Thich Nhat Hanh as well. Loved his books.

I’ll look up what you suggested.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:09 AM
Master
Imo, thoughts originate dependently, they arise as a result of past habituation and present circumstances coming together. If you notice that when circumstances change so do our thoughts....
When your painting your beautiful pieces of Art where do the thoughts of what you are going to painting come from and why do they change as you move around the canvas onto the next bit, I'd say the circumstances have changed so does the thoughts....
Old 02-07-2023, 11:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Hii sky,

These things always are fascinating… such a weird place these things

Certaintly is an interesting subject CW and trying to work it out is fascinating. During Meditation we can see thoughts come and go like clouds in the sky unless you cling on to them Let them arise and disappear unless they are wholesome, any beneficial thoughts are worth hanging on to... Imo.
Old 02-07-2023, 01:45 PM
Master

Yes I agree Sky ie when circumstances change so do our thoughts.

But what about the thought that comes up from the past, completely out of the blue and has nothing whatsoever to do with our present circumstances.

I had one like that the other day regarding my childhood. I was quite taken aback at the time and thought to myself, Now why on earth did that come up.
Kinda floored me at the time.
Old 02-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12

I had one like that the other day regarding my childhood. I was quite taken aback at the time and thought to myself, Now why on earth did that come up.

When I have similar childhood memories I find something in the ' now ' has triggered the thoughts/memory to arise. The subconscious mind plays a big part in our lives that we don't always notice. Sometimes finding the ' trigger ' helps me understand . Have a read about 'storehouse consciousness' ...
Old 02-07-2023, 03:13 PM
Master

AngelBlue said something smart about memories. That maybe the memory understands us.
Old 02-07-2023, 03:39 PM
Master

Thanks Sky. Yes that makes sense. I’ll do that next time one comes up. I wish ide paid more attention at the time, as I usually do but I was driving and maybe that was why.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I wish ide paid more attention at the time, as I usually do but I was driving and maybe that was why.

Lol, not a good idea whilst driving unless you want to become but a memory
Old 02-07-2023, 05:33 PM
Master

Sky…..funny!!!
Old 05-07-2023, 07:06 AM
crystaladdict99

The nature of the mind is to like patterns.