Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 26-11-2017, 05:16 AM
Newbie ;)

Amethyst effects

For some reason, amethyst makes me easily mad and it gives me insomnia, do you guys have any idea why? Thanks 😊
Old 26-11-2017, 11:35 PM
Administrator
Hello

At times it takes a bit for us to bond with a crystal and at times we might find that stone is just not for us. Amethyst is not a favorite of mine to have on me daily. I do have a wonderful raw Amethyst but I could not have it in my bedroom. I moved it to the living room by a window.

I noted that it kept me awake when I had it in my room.

You might try putting it with Rose Quartz. The two blend well and have similar properties.

Lynn
Old 02-12-2017, 02:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Help me with amethyst crystal, it feels like my head is very big and my brow and top of head and sides of the head mainly temple have pressure, i am also having little dream recall, also my head is slowly being covered with energy, i am also experiencing greater awareness, and also I can't access my clairvoyance.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:51 AM
Administrator
Hello

To work with a crystal at times we need to look to what it does. When it comes to the head feeling large at times this is a block in the Crown Chakra that place of opening to the Universe and to letting things flow in.

You seem to want to continue to work with this stone so put it out there in an affirmation that you want to have help from the Universe to let what needs to flow in do just that flow in. When it comes to not recalling dreams again this is the brain chatter of day to day life getting in the path.

At time of sleep again set and affirmation that you will sleep sound and that what is on the brain at sleep time is put on the shelf for the night. Open a door to the dream portal asking that again the Universe help you connect to any messages your dreams might hold. Ask the Universe to place the dreams in the crystal for safe keeping during sleep and ask that the crystal release the dreams to you when you wake.

Amethyst

Amethyst has long been prized as an ornament and amulet. Its most common ancient application was to prevent drunkenness. The world amethyst comes from the Greek word amethystos, meaning "non-intoxicating."

This stone has a long history with religious practices. In the Egyptian Book of the Dead, instructions are given for placing heart shaped amethyst on the body of the deceased.

Mystical Properties:

Stone of "Spirituality and Contentment" Amethysts have a soothing and relaxing effect on people, they promote healthy sleep habits when placed on the body or under the pillow.

Amethyst promotes shrewdness in business matters, gives victory and quickens the mind to help control negative thoughts.

Healing Properties:

An amethyst crystal is nearly indispensable to healers. Single crystals are very beneficial but clusters are even more powerful. Powerful enough in fact that a cluster of amethyst can cleanse other stones.

Magical Properties:
Energy: Receptive
Element: Water
Deities: Bacchus, Dionysus, Diana
Zodiac: Stone of Pisces, Virgo, Aquarius and Capricorn.
Associations: Jupiter, Neptune
Old 04-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphmiguelchan
Help me with amethyst crystal, it feels like my head is very big and my brow and top of head and sides of the head mainly temple have pressure, i am also having little dream recall, also my head is slowly being covered with energy, i am also experiencing greater awareness, and also I can't access my clairvoyance.
TRy grounding. Often higher energies remain stuck higher up in the body because you aren't properly grounded. You get the same thing when people start working on a connection with Spirit without ever doing work on the lower chakras and without grounding.
So try and see if it goes better after you've done a proper grounding. By proper I don't mean 3 minutes, but more like a 15-30 minute grounding meditation that you do daily for a while.

Also, sometimes when people's personality is very 'busy', lively, bubbly, an amethyst can be too much peace and tranquility and it can thus grate on you. If this is the case you are better of with other 'soothing' stones, provided this is the reason you want amethyst.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:32 PM
Ascender
On a trip to Dundee in Scotland I brought back some local raw amethyst.
The piece sat undisturbed in a glass cabinet and over a two or three year period I gradually stopped using any kind of alcoholic drink.

Whether the amethyst had quelled the drinking habit I can't say for sure. But when crystals are left untouched for long periods of time I do believe they distribute energy much more effectively. Almost to the point of visually displaying radiation like a stone dropped in a pool of water.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Experiencer
Amethyst is a beautiful stone, that's for sure I have a very large one over 15 lbs in my living room, my wife and I hardly drink at all. It is however supposed to help with all addictions, and we sure do like the herb if you know what I mean....crave that a lot, doesn't seem to help with that, I guess some people say you can't really get addicted to that, but I disagree it certainly feels like an addiction.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
On a trip to Dundee in Scotland I brought back some local raw amethyst.
The piece sat undisturbed in a glass cabinet and over a two or three year period I gradually stopped using any kind of alcoholic drink.

Whether the amethyst had quelled the drinking habit I can't say for sure. But when crystals are left untouched for long periods of time I do believe they distribute energy much more effectively. Almost to the point of visually displaying radiation like a stone dropped in a pool of water.
I have a similar thing, not exactly the same, as I don't hold true to the part 'untouched for a long time'.
But I have personal crystals: the ones I need to have close to me, wear on me, carry with me.
And I have crystals that help my growth and energy etc. but that I don't need to have on me or near me. That's the biggest part of my crystals. THey are spread out through my home, together they form an energy field that nourishes me, and I them. It's an exchange. Many of those I never sit with, never hold or do anything with.
There's no time factor involved in them working on me or not either, although some crystals may be more direct than others of course.
Every crystal I purchase adds to the field, including the ones I get in for my personal use.
I was always reluctant to allow crystals to move on, afraid I'd disturb the energy field. I have had that happen when I sold 2 crystals few years back. They weren't even large, but boy did the energy field wobble when they'd gone!
When I addressed this with my then partner because I wanted to sell a couple of crystal skulls, he said: sure it will change, but it might also give another crystal the change to come to the surface more than it can now. It will balance itself out!
THat was such an eye-opener, and he was right! It was exactly what happened when the skulls had moved on to another guardian.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Ascender
Yeah, I should have included a disclaimer along the lines of knowing that you guys do like to hold, or wear, or meditate, or heal with, your crystals ...

Having said that, I still recommend choosing a piece of amethyst to be left untouched for as long as possible. I swear the ripple effect is ultra fine.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:01 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
Yeah, I should have included a disclaimer along the lines of knowing that you guys do like to hold, or wear, or meditate, or heal with, your crystals ...

Having said that, I still recommend choosing a piece of amethyst to be left untouched for as long as possible. I swear the ripple effect is ultra fine.

Hello

I have to agree here with amethyst I have a raw large piece that is happy let be in the living room on a table buy the window. It is not something you would handle as it weights a ton but too it does not like touched. I can sense that from it. It is happy to take in the sun and the moon light and slowly project out energy to the Universe.

I found it at a yard sale and I let it be for two weeks there no one taking it on.....then I just had to take it. This other guy looking at it said to me its found the home it needs with you. I am not a huge fan of the stone but its mine now for keeps.

Lynn