Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-12-2016, 01:02 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

It i not easy I am a Medium/Psychic and well I see dead people and can talk to them like I do the living at times. A friend of mine and fellow spiritual traveler said to me once "surely you do not openly go around telling people you see dead people. " in the context of being asked what you do with your time.

Its all that spiritual path if we look around and see the signs there that are spiritual.

One recently I do like is about a man that has split with his woman and is looking for some closure. The add is about a fragrance product that hold onto a scent for a long time. He smells it and goes how am I to let go when it still smells like her.....? Then he tosses it into the ocean tide.

Lynn

I completely understand the reason your friend rhetorically asked if you openly divulge this side of yourself. She was additionally asking about your use of filters & intuition in gauging people for receptability in certain circumstances ...

If I asked someone what they did w/their time, I would be hoping for information I could either relate to &/or easily understand to get to know the person better or at least keep the conversation going, otherwise, I'd move on. I, also, do this at spiritual meetings ...
If the answer was s/he saw/communicated w/the dead, I'd rule it as too much information especially for a first or one time meeting as well as a lead in to hearing their life story. It's like standing in an elevator or bus stop hearing a lot of things you don't want to be privy to.

What can be done w/mundane & useless information is to ignore it & move on ...

If a Medium were trying to generate business, I'd take their card, maybe listen a bit, then leave.
I'm intuitive, however, I don't share it w/others b/c I developed it for my own personal use to navigate the world as well as not wanting to invest a lot of time w/one person when there are others to meet ...

My take on the commercial is one of wishful thinking. As if to say it is easy to acknowledge the cause for the memory then realize the answer & toss it away as if an emotion or attachment were nothing more than a disposable item that is simply cured. Normal people process information & emotions w/in a space of time, not moments, otherwise, no one would ever feel heartbreak or wonder if their ex-lover thinks of him/her, feels pain or longing after their break up. If none of these exist, then I believe it denotes some sort of anti-social behavior or a misunderstanding of humanness &/or spiritualism ...
What makes it positive is experiencing life w/our mind, body, & spirit from every level ...

JMHO ...
Old 27-12-2016, 04:45 AM
Experiencer
I feel that, I often think of one watching Disney movies it seems like any other thing but there a thousand year old mythologies in Disney movies,it just seems like most of the populace isn't aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
Kupava - keep doing your inner work and opening your heart to Love. It is indeed difficult for many including myself to be incarnate and deal with the physicality and seemingly mundane aspects of life.

One gets to a point in which they realize the Divine is in the mundane just as much as anything else. The mundane becomes the most sacred.
Old 27-12-2016, 09:03 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupava
E.g I go to read other forums and the topics are very mundane,should I buy a new car etc.
when you read a lot of very deep work on Spirtual matters,it's hard to read and relate to the mundane world where few people are talking about deeper matters.

How do you cope.

The mundane world is where we are now. We have to live here. We deal with it - survive - but our developing spiritual Selves put us aloof. We know how it works, what it tries to do to chain us to the Earth, we can manipulate it to our advantage. We don't have to be materialistic; don't have to succumb to the devilish temptations put before us. We avoid this by valuing what things mean to us. (One of the occult exercises I was taught was about just this and involved critical examination way beyond just the simple question "do I really need this?")

It doesn't mean avoiding all luxury or trying to live without the medium of money to get us through, just being self aware and conscious of all that's going on around us - whether and what we need from it. We can help others who want to escape it by example. We can receive help from others who can enlighten us about our blindspots.

We have to live in this system. We might as well take advantage of it where we can to lift ourselves above it.

Old 27-12-2016, 09:16 AM
Suspended
Ascender

If one perceives a contrast between spirituality and a 'mundane world' then there is something wrong about one's spirituality.
Old 27-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
If one perceives a contrast between spirituality and a 'mundane world' then there is something wrong about one's spirituality.

hehehe... that is so cool
Old 27-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Experiencer
I guess the real complaint is no one believes in anything spiritual anymore it's met with looks of laughter or accusations of mental illness,we are definately living in the age of reason,and no one talks about spiritual things on any other forum I visit,that is what I mean by being stuck in the mundane.

Abd there is a thin veil between this world and that one,so there is a contrast,
Old 27-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupava
I guess the real complaint is no one believes in anything spiritual anymore it's met with looks of laughter or accusations of mental illness,we are definately living in the age of reason,and no one talks about spiritual things on any other forum I visit,that is what I mean by being stuck in the mundane.

Abd there is a thin veil between this world and that one,so there is a contrast,
Gosh I would say the exact opposite. I see more and more people waking up to spirit, and talking about spiritual things. When I moved here 15 years ago, there wasn't a single spiritual-oriented business within 100 km. Now there are several health food stores, Yoga studios, spiritual counsellors, etc. all within this one city.
Old 27-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Master
Where you are is where you see.
Where you live is where you are and where you see you are.
Where you are can change and what you see can change too which changes where you see you are.
Where you live can change when you see more and want to be where you see more and can live.

It isn't spiritual.. it is life and you in it. Life has many creations of itself as it is, so the creative awareness is replicated into life in everyway people are creating and seeing, feeling and being.

The veils are just the filters we place on our own seeing, because that is all we see in that moment.
And so remain in that space because we believe what we see as something permanent.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 27-12-2016, 11:53 PM
Master
Hello,

It seems to me how one feels or defines what " spiritual" is.

Sometimes what may seem mondane can be a needed break.

Sometimes may be what is found to be interesting.
Much like the man/woman who might just talk about sports all time, others may roll their eyes like here he/she goes again or find no interest in it.

Yet, sports might be the way he/ she feels to fit in or his/ her passion.

Some can get pretty technical with sports, while others just like to watch a good match.

Using sports as an example. Feel it is where one finds passion or interest.

May come off as being mondane, but to another may take on a "spirituality" of its own, IMO.

For me, it is making life interesting and being open to noticing what it may bring.
Sometimes, it may be awe inspiring, other times it is just taking comfort in those moments which may be nothing more then enjoying another's company or just watching the sun set.

Spirit I feel runs through both that which is realized and that which simply passes with in the moments. Sometimes it is an "Oh wow" moment, sometimes it is just the moment given with no fireworks going off. Just life and living it.
Both, can be spirit doing its thing, as I see it.
Old 28-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Master
I was having a discussion with my guides/higher self/god/whatevers about a similar thing which had me totally baffled. Seeing as how it's in the whole vein of this thread..

Me: "By the fruits of their works, ye shall know them" and yet, we are taught that the Divinity exists in all. It is easy to see in one who performs austerity and charitable acts, much harder to see in a murderer."

Angel: "the pious and the wicked have the same soul"

Me: "Why do I see God in the pious and 'not God' in the wicked?"

Angel: "because God is much easier to see when His works are being done"

Me: "is not murder also God's work?"

Angel: "If you really believe that, this whole conversation would be moot".

Me: "how do I see the Good/God within the evil? my vision has been impaired by inhumane atrocity".

Angel: "by remembering that everything is God and God is omniscient and to exclude malevolence would be to limit the infinite...or you could just say that everything is an illusion - either way".

Me: "Why does it seem that some souls are 'buried deep' while some are on the surface?"

Angel: "everybody is working through their karma and are all at different soul-evolutionary stages of growth. Some humans are not much better than animals this birth around, but their soul is still Divine - it will just take them more lifetimes than you to understand it".

Me: "I am getting it now and I must post this on SF while it's fresh in my brain".

Angel: "No problems, glad to help, my love and tell them all I said 'hello".