Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 20-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Clover Fairy

How to fin Fairies?

I would love to see the fairies. Anyone ever had contact with them? What to look for?
Old 20-09-2011, 02:05 AM
Animus27

Read up on fairy folklore. It will give you a good idea of what they''re about; and might make you reevaluate on having contact with them

But, it's recommended that you read more scholarly books before the old folklore (which the bulk of was written in Victorian times and has a lot of cultural baggage).

The particular books you might want to check out are:

An Encyclopedia of Fairies by Katharine Briggs

Strange and Secret Peoples: Fairies and Victorian Consciousness by Carole G. Silver

And At the Bottom of the Garden: A Dark History of Fairies, Hobgoblins, Nymphs, and Other Troublesome Things by Diane Purkiss

I have yet to read them, but they're some of the most recommended books I've seen on the issue of studying fairy lore.

And once you get an idea about them you can look up the various folklore books that were collected and written way-back-when. Which are available for free on Sacred Texts, just scroll down to the Celtic Fairies section: http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/index.htm

It's important to keep in mind that fairies were traditionally viewed as alien (as in foreign/strange) and they were best left alone because of their... peculiar habits and ideas on how things should be. And even the "nicer" ones could show a lot of nastiness.
Old 20-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Clover Fairy

Wow! Thats a lot of wonderful information, thank you so much!
Old 20-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Terracotta

I'm behind Animus on this. If you're wanting to do it, then you're wanting to do it. Just don't bite off more than you can chew expecting a parade of rainbows and cuteness - and nothing else.

As for an actual way to contact them, I'm unsure. It's been mentioned by friends in the past, but I may or may not be able to find them, and them the methods. Something might crop up in your reading.
Old 20-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Acoma

Hi, you might try a book by Ted Andrews called Enchantment of the Faerie Realm: Communicate with Nature Spirits and Elementals. Namaste Acoma
Old 21-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Boldylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover Fairy
I would love to see the fairies. Anyone ever had contact with them? What to look for?

You may not be able to see them, but you can still connect with them. Not all of them are diabolic as the folklore mentions . True, they are not fluffy cutsie beings, but very intelligent Beings actually- intelligent races of Beings much older than the human race, in fact. As with humans, there are those who are on the more negative side, and those on the more positive side.

They may appear to you- but don't commonly do this with humans. Often, they will let you know of their presence other ways-- sometimes you may hear them, or they may contact you in dreams- Alot of times you will hear them while in the stages between sleep and waking up in the mornings.

YOu can also feel their presence around also- and if they are the positive types, it will be an uplifting fun loving presence. Sometimes I will feel this while in Nature, at State Parks near wildflowers, etc.

One way to reach out to them is actually greet them outside when noone is around and tell them you are really starting to be more opened to them, and would be honored to meet them. and to help them - then ask them if they could show you. Remind them that you are not clairivoyant, or psychic (unless you are..lol) and so please be patient with you.

Leave sweet snacks out for them, Make a Faery garden for them outside- and out loud dedicate it to them. Then mean business by allowing them to have the plants they want grow in that garden. Don't pull out wild flowers or what you may consider weeds. Put a faery treats dish in that garden for them too- add a bird bath, crystals, --make it look classy for them- not tacky.
That's just an idea. You can even make an indoor garden for them in your home with houseplants-- and faery cottages. Just let them know that you welcome them in your heart and home and then they will be made to feel welcome and will stop by your home when they chose to- knowing it is one area they can feel hospitality with the humankind when they want to visit our dimension from time to time.

This is just me, but I would also personally pray that God will arrange for an angel to protect you from any possible negative entities that may take advantage of the faery welcome . A guardian angel can be like a party "Bouncer" and keep out the negative ones with bad intentions.

I've had a faery encounter 3 years ago, and actually had Prayed that God would allow me to meet one of these Beings if they were real. They are real, because God heard that prayer- and one month later found myself face to face with one of these Beings in my home. She was definitely not evil in the least- but actually had a beautiful inner spiritual beauty about her. As I mentioned before, not all of them are like that- but they are not bad as some folks portray them to be. Like humans, they also have choices to live by- some hate, some have compassion in their hearts.
Old 21-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Clover Fairy

Thank you all so much for your replies, All so helpful and interesting.
Old 21-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Boldylocks

You're very welcome! :-)
Old 25-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Adrian29

If you are in the nature and meditate you have more chances to contact these beings.
Old 26-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Knower

In Ireland ,where i come from people in rural areas who were having trouble with the faries would set and area on there land aside for the faries to live in.They would make a stone circle for the faries to live in and that circle would never been entered by another human, I can remember being warned never to set foot inside a fairy circle because it would bring bad luck and annoyed faires, these circles can be found on farms all over Ireland some of which are hundreds of years old.If your in Ireland check out a stone circle for fairyfolk.