Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Master

Realisations

Awakeness, Enlightenment, Liberation, God-Realisation and Buddha-nature.
Are those realisations different names for the same thing?
Or do those realisations differ from each other?
Old 20-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Master
In my opinion they are all very similar.
We could split hairs over a few things, but the very act of it just separates instead of uniting, which is the opposite of those words stand for.
Old 20-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao

Probably some spiritual stories to distract people from the rather less remarkable experience that is occurring currently.
Old 20-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Probably some spiritual stories to distract people from the rather less remarkable experience that is occurring currently.

...declared Gem as example #13,916 in a series of such distractions.

Old 20-08-2015, 12:25 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao

When the Buddha became enlightened he realized that all beings without exception have the nature and potential to become enlightened, this is known as " Buddha Nature "
Old 20-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
When the Buddha became enlightened he realized that all beings without exception have the nature and potential to become enlightened, this is known as " Buddha Nature "

What about Awaken, Enlightened, Liberation, God-Realization. Are these realizations different. I am not Buddhist.
Old 20-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
What about Awaken, Enlightened, Liberation, God-Realization. Are these realizations different. I am not Buddhist.

They're almost the same, they're nothing but steps of the path. They may have an order but then again, it is relative to each person for obvious reasons.

Here is the little stuff that I know about them, I may be wrong anyway, I'm not a Buddhist either.

Awaken -> a consciousness that is aware of the transcendental path (spiritual stuff)

Enlightened -> a consciousness that has reached some % of truth (realizations), some persons referred to the Truth as something absolute and sublime. For me there truth is something in perpetual change and expansion, a beautiful living force.

Liberation -> a consciousness that has been set free from Samsara (which is the illusion of the material world, I guess this is a side effect of finding the truth -enlightenment)

God-Realization -> this is a tricky one, there is something sacred inside of each one of us, a shiny and beautiful sparkle. This sparkle we could compare it with a drop of water, all of us are part of a great cosmic ocean, this ocean is "God". So being aware of the divinity within us, is some sort of realization after all.
Old 20-08-2015, 04:15 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex

Awaken/enlightenment are the same.
Liberation is when you realize there is no ' i ', it leads to enlightenment.
God realization is feeling oneness with your own personal divine.It is not part of Buddist teachings.
Old 20-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I can't even begin to tell you all of the remarkable experiences I have had in my life, in particular while walking a spiritually motivated path.
Have you not had your own?

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 20-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Master

Here's why I ask. And I will study the answers given. This is what I've heard and also read about Buddhism.

I don't know what Buddhist believe today about such things as God, but I have read Buddha believed in many gods. I've read today some Buddhist believe in a God and some do not. Was so amazed hearing that. If it's true then God-Realization in Buddha nature to.

What I have always liked about Buddhism is it's concern for the human condition, human nature. The openness of compassion which I'd like more of. I use myself as an example. When I ask a question one can be too general. The Buddha nature is a word different from another. So for instance, dose what a person believe go against Buddhism as it dose say in monotheism. Do I have to give up anything. This is the kind of answer I want to hear said.

My own philosophy is My God can accept yours but your's cannot accept mine which is why I am open to it concepts. I really don't want anymore of that.

Personally, I would like Christianity to be more inclusive which I think Buddhism is. There's a lot of what I call period thinking and wonder if Buddhism has some to. Christianity is a very open religion we talk about and Buddhism seems to be even more.

As we do not know the word it is just a word.