Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 21-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Gem
I hear you.
I am not against anybody choosing what is right for them.
I am aware of some east Asian cultures practicing a plant based diet for religious reasons.
I knew saying Native/tribal was not exactly the right term I was trying to express but I let it go at that.
I wanted to say non civilized or away from a societal trade structure or mass farming civilizations.
I just did not want to say non civilized, but could not find the culturally decent term.
Maybe I should have said hunter gatherer without the hunter part. But that defies logic.
I say if a person wants to eat an all plant based diet, and can do it in this day and age, fine more power to them,
it is probably better in this sedentary lifestyle available today. But why try and stretch the truth about other peoples ways.
When living off the land you have to be an opportunist as to what is available at any given season or you die.

I don't know why anyone'd stretch the truth about other peoples' ways, but I do tend to find the subject of nutrition is often untruthful at all levels from the official government 'dietary recommendations' to 'diet gurus' to 'fad diets' to 'food advertising' to 'fanciful spiritualist hocum'. Luckily for me I learned sports nutrition and am always learning more. Sports nutritionists understand how to fuel the body for optimum functioning at ideal body weights according to what kind of abilities a person most wants to optimise.

I was raised in Papua New Guinea where people live the old ways within their immediate environment, and there are no vegans or vegetarians where I am from. Everyone is a hunter (or fisherman) and a gardener and a gatherer, and also, strong AF. Now the Western ways are coming in more and more, and people are getting sick with white mans' diseases, diabetes, obesity and the heart conditions and cancers that ail the West.
Old 21-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't know why anyone'd stretch the truth about other peoples' ways, but I do tend to find the subject of nutrition is often untruthful at all levels from the official government 'dietary recommendations' to 'diet gurus' to 'fad diets' to 'food advertising' to 'fanciful spiritualist hocum'. Luckily for me I learned sports nutrition and am always learning more. Sports nutritionists understand how to fuel the body for optimum functioning at ideal body weights according to what kind of abilities a person most wants to optimise.

I was raised in Papua New Guinea where people live the old ways within their immediate environment, and there are no vegans or vegetarians where I am from. Everyone is a hunter (or fisherman) and a gardener and a gatherer, and also, strong AF. Now the Western ways are coming in more and more, and people are getting sick with white mans' diseases, diabetes, obesity and the heart conditions and cancers that ail the West.

I agree completely....there is so much nonsense about diet out there coming from many sources including the Government!

And I've seen the encroachment of western culture with my own eyes.....and its almost always to the detriment of the cultures that are being exposed to it....

I will never forget the first time I trekked into the Darien Gap of Panama and visited an Embera Indian village.....in the mid 1990's ... it was still very primitive.

I went back about 15 years later and was shocked to see all the traditional raised grass huts and simple village life just like I remembered it....with a phone booth in the middle of the village!

Seriously!............ A freaking phone booth with a cable leading off into the jungle!!!

And we are talking about what is pretty much the densest, wildest and most remote jungle left in the world! ...a F****** phone booth!

And many of the young girls were running around topless....just a skirt like they do....but wearing makeup!!! ..Yes!...Makeup!

And since my first trek into the Gap....The Embera have largely traded there traditional bows for AK's.

Why?? Because drug runners coming up from Columbia have started using the easier routes through the Darien jungle to bring drugs north through central America.....through Mexico and across the U.S southern border. (where's the God **** southern border wall I voted for!!!) and have also kidnapped Embera girls for the sex trade.....

So now instead of being confronted with a bow....the "Narcotrafficantes" (drug runners) get met with automatic weapons!!!

I was absolutely floored when I saw this!!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 21-12-2018, 04:27 PM
Master

Wondering how many freezers you have Lucky. We have two chest and one upright plus the one on our fridge in the house. And they are all full!
Old 21-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Wondering how many freezers you have Lucky. We have two chest and one upright plus the one on our fridge in the house. And they are all full!

I've got two really big upright commercial freezers....real freezers...not frost free...And they stay loaded pretty much all the time!

We spearfish a lot out in the Gulf so its constantly getting new fish.....and there's a regular turn over on fish...we eat a lot of fish!

Basically....we hunt and fish for my immediate family....plus my daughters family (her and her numbnutz boyfriend and four kids) my mom and her husband and a few neighbors we're close to

And we also donate a lot to the homeless shelters.

Old 21-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Master

Spoken like a true hunter/fisherman.
Old 21-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Sapphirez....where do you get this nonsense from???
From the same place that says all humans need to eat is fruit???

Meat is NOT toxic and in fact is an essential part of the human diet.
As an omnivore we are adapted physiologically to consume meat and our species has been doing so for more than a quarter of a million years.

There is also ample evidence that the very act of hunting or savaging animals and consuming meat early on when our species first arrived on the ecological scene is what made us human and caused us to have the large, highly developed brain that we have....we would not have survived and turned into the advanced species that we are without meat!

And as far as you wanting to see pictures of deer....Glad you asked!

Just because you don't want to understand or accept something doesn't make it nonsense. I think that foraging and finding plants and such to eat would be more involved than stalking an animal. and finding a variety of non-animal things to eat is more evolved behavior than choosing an animal or animals to murder.

Fruit is the food that the brain and nervous system appreciate best. there's also evidence that early humans were frugivorous since historical analysis was brought up

the fact you showed me the picture of a dead animal after everything I said shows how unevolved (in whatever way you'd like to assume) and insensitive you are. If you spoke of photos of people and I showed you pictures of corpses you might not appreciate it just the same. I talked about taking photographs in the wild because it's a cool idea to produce amazing photographs of living beings in their wild habitat and still participate in the pageantry and adventure of hunting.

and there is little difference between a murdered person and a murdered deer. only you want to think so because it's convenient for you and inane delusions you've adopted.

yes although Natives had some great practices and consciousness they still held unhealthy delusions. and I think that if they were a people that didn't eat meat to begin with then they might not have fallen prey to smallpox and all the diseases foreigners brought with them or purposely plagued them with. I know they were mostly malnourished by then for a variety of reasons, but even tribes who were allowed to go on with most of their traditional ways at beginning points fell ill because of diseases and viruses that a truly healthy body could defend itself against. So like it or not that is one of my theories about how even the highest evolved meat eaters are still lacking and weaker in regards.

because dead tissue is acidifying and tough on the body. As I said deer or game meat is much much better, but it is still rotting meat nonetheless, is it not? the moment the life goes out of the body then it becomes dead. and death cannot feed life without consequences and imparting some of that death to the host that consumes it. If you don't understand that I'm confused because I think it is simple logic and common sense when it comes down to it. when life dies or is injured (or non-meat food is cooked or processed) it starts being a source of positive ions which are damaging, instead of life-bestowing negative ions which most all living nature gives off. then there is also the issue of murder to deal with, and the deprivation of a life that would've been lived and been wonderful in many ways.
Old 21-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Spoken like a true hunter/fisherman.

Speaking of eating game meat....I eat a small serving maybe 3 times per week...

My eleven years old grandson Nick on the other hand is growing so fast and when it comes to eating meat that kid is like living with a Timber wolf!!!!

Old 21-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
Just because you don't want to understand or accept something doesn't make it nonsense. I think that foraging and finding plants and such to eat would be more involved than stalking an animal. and finding a variety of non-animal things to eat is more evolved behavior than choosing an animal or animals to murder.

Fruit is the food that the brain and nervous system appreciate best. there's also evidence that early humans were frugivorous since historical analysis was brought up

the fact you showed me the picture of a dead animal after everything I said shows how unevolved (in whatever way you'd like to assume) and insensitive you are. If you spoke of photos of people and I showed you pictures of corpses you might not appreciate it just the same. I talked about taking photographs in the wild because it's a cool idea to produce amazing photographs of living beings in their wild habitat and still participate in the pageantry and adventure of hunting.

and there is little difference between a murdered person and a murdered deer. only you want to think so because it's convenient for you and inane delusions you've adopted.

yes although Natives had some great practices and consciousness they still held unhealthy delusions. and I think that if they were a people that didn't eat meat to begin with then they might not have fallen prey to smallpox and all the diseases foreigners brought with them or purposely plagued them with. I know they were mostly malnourished by then for a variety of reasons, but even tribes who were allowed to go on with most of their traditional ways at beginning points fell ill because of diseases and viruses that a truly healthy body could defend itself against. So like it or not that is one of my theories about how even the highest evolved meat eaters are still lacking and weaker in regards.

because dead tissue is acidifying and tough on the body. As I said deer or game meat is much much better, but it is still rotting meat nonetheless, is it not? the moment the life goes out of the body then it becomes dead. and death cannot feed life without consequences and imparting some of that death to the host that consumes it. If you don't understand that I'm confused because I think it is simple logic and common sense when it comes down to it. when life dies or is injured (or non-meat food is cooked or processed) it starts being a source of positive ions which are damaging, instead of life-bestowing negative ions which most all living nature gives off. then there is also the issue of murder to deal with, and the deprivation of a life that would've been lived and been wonderful in many ways.

Oh brother..................

Old 21-12-2018, 08:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Sapphirez

Former hunter-gatherers of North Europe still gather:

- many edible mushrooms, but you have to know how to prepare them:
https://images.cdn.yle.fi/image/uplo...60b3f963f2.jpg

- nature’s vegies and herbs:
http://syohyvaa.fi/wp-content/upload...-139153268.jpg

- 37 types of edible berries, here just a few:
https://au.fiftydegreesnorth.com/art...in-scandinavia

Thank you sentient for your cool links and thoughtfulness. I've hoped to get into wild foraging more. I live in Alabama now but luckily there are a lot of the same "weeds" all over
Old 21-12-2018, 11:05 PM
Ascender

I haven't posted on this thread as yet but have been following it with interest.
To Sapphirez, while I don't agree with a lot of what you wrote on the negative side I don't believe that I could add anything to what has already been said by other posters. However on the positive side I did watch a documentary once about a native Canadian hunting guide that gave up being a hunting guide to become a wildlife photographer. The advantage of photography over hunting as he says was that the same animals could be shot time and time again and he didn't have to worry about closed seasons and protected animals etc.
To Gem and Lucky. I agree with a lot of what you have written. It may interest you to know Gem that PNG may be entering the Australian NRL competition in a few years, as you are no doubt aware rugby league is one of the toughest games out there and PNG gave a really good account of themselves in the last rugby league world cup. They play a really exciting game to watch and I've no doubt that they'll ever be regarded as easy beats by any team.
Like Lucky I too have spent a bit of time in third world countries in SE.Asia and have noticed the detrimental effects of westernisation.
My wife only knew 2 people in her village that died from cancer, but here in Australia every family can tell a story about someone that died from cancer, this is despite the fact that in the Philippines most of the men and quite a few of the women use a lot of rum and cigarettes. Her belief is that processed foods are to blame. In the village the diet consists primarily of rice and fish and homegrown fruit and vegetables with the occasional chicken from the weekly cockfights.
Pig and goat are also consumed on special occasions but again they are all backyard raised.
I should also add that these dietary differences and effects I have noticed between the SE.Asian diet and the western diet are purely my own observations and Opinions and I have no medical or nutritional training.