Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 20-03-2019, 11:48 AM
Seeker

Vibrations/Shaking during meditation

I am fairly new to meditation. I recently attended a chakra healing session and during meditation my head was moving from side to side and I was also twitching. I have since been practicing meditation for chakra healing and balancing. I now notice that everytime I reach the heart chakra while visualising, my hands start shaking uncontrollably. As I move up my head shakes and sometimes the entire body starts shaking. If I wasn't doing it in privacy people around me would probably assume i was having an epileptic attack.

Am I doing something wrong? The healer I went to told me it was negativity releasing. Appreciate advice and inputs on why this happens. Thanks.
Old 20-03-2019, 12:10 PM
Pathfinder
I've experienced this a long time ago when I tried to raise my kundalini energy too fast. My body for a half hour was in twitching when I tried to go to sleep. I recommend going slower. Chakra cleansing and discipline is a lifetime practice. Each chakra associates with one level of reality. Dreaming is said to happen in the sacral chakra. Lucid dreaming happens in the solar chakra. Work on dream yoga(lucid dreaming) to cleanse them faster and gain more energy to raise awareness.

Meditation done in steps is optimal. Focusing on internal silence is the first step. The second step is getting rid of unnecessary habits and cleaning out the lower ego or shamans call it the "tonal". The human side of our being. The best way to clean out the chakras is through practices that bring out habitual changes of our Will, actions, thoughts and emotions. Aka magick or programming of the subconscious mind.
Old 20-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achintya Idam

Meditation Leads To Spiritual Body Awakening
Updated Jun 26 2016 ยท

I know many people who have suffered due to wrong meditation practices to awaken Kundalini.

MEDITATION HAPPENS WHEN YOU EMPTY YOUR THOUGHTS AND BECOME SILENT.
ABSOLUTE SILENCE IN MEDITATION RESULTS IN KUNDALINI AWAKENING.

DANGERS IN KUNDALINI AWAKENING PRACTICES:

Kundalini Awakening is not dangerous and Kundalini does not harm you.

YOU YOURSELF will harm your physique and psyche by unnatural and harmful practices, techniques and methods.

People who practice wrong meditation techniques end up blaming KUNDALINI FOR THEIR MISTAKES.

Sitting in a stiff and rigid position, vowing not to move an inch from your position even after experiencing pain, pressure, numbness, heat, etc., in any of your body parts is dangerous.

To awaken Kundalini, meditating (concentrating or focusing) on your third eye, Ajna Chakra or any Chakras, tip of your nose, spinal column can be dangerous.

If you experience pain, ache, warmth, heat, pressure, feeling of tightness or heaviness, feeling of something like air moving or worms crawling, fatigue, drowsiness, headache, dizziness, giddiness, etc. during or after meditation.

STOP SUCH PRACTICES IMMEDIATELY.

Never meditate on ears, don't try to listen to some sounds through your ears, closing your ear/s with finger/s and trying to listen to some sounds, closing your ears and pressing the center of your forehead and moving your neck front and back, etc.
You will have ear problems, tinnitus, vertigo, dysequilibrium, etc. GIVE UP SUCH PRACTICES IMMEDIATELY.

NEVER EVER MEDITATE ON YOUR PHYSICAL HEART.

Do not practice imagination techniques to awaken Kundalini.
Meditation is practiced to find the reality about oneself.
How could imagination lead to reality?
If you want to make your imagination a reality, then that imagination may lead to hallucination and other mental disorders.

Concentration between the eyebrows, looking up at the forehead or down at the tip of the nose, moving eyes sideward, turning eyes up or down, rotating eyes, continuously blinking to see some light, deliberately pressurizing the Ajna Chakra area may lead to pain, headaches, dizziness, loss of consciousness, etc.
These activities are unnatural.

Deliberately shaking the neck and concentrating on Ajna Chakra to see a light, moving extremities or body in a rhythmic manner, concentrating on spinal column, sitting for too long in yoga posture even when you experience pain, warmth, heat, numbness, etc., will cause damage to the nervous system, rupture of vertebral discs, spinal and back problems, tremors, paralysis etc.

I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE SIDE EFFECTS OF SUCH PRACTICES, SOMETIMES I HAVE GONE THROUGH HELL.
Stop such practices immediately.
Old 22-03-2019, 08:48 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
I am not trying to raise my Kundalini at all. I was just trying to heal my chakras. My meditation mostly just involved visualising healing light on my chakras.
Old 22-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousW
Appreciate advice and inputs on why this happens.

Dear PreciousW,

Maybe you can contact an SF member named NoOne, he's accepting healing requests.

Spiritual Forums > Members-Only Forums > Healing Requests

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/fo...play.php?f=120

Good luck

Last edited by Taking a Break : 22-03-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 23-03-2019, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
I am fairly new to meditation. I recently attended a chakra healing session and during meditation my head was moving from side to side and I was also twitching. I have since been practicing meditation for chakra healing and balancing. I now notice that everytime I reach the heart chakra while visualizing, my hands start shaking uncontrollably. As I move up my head shakes and sometimes the entire body starts shaking. If I wasn't doing it in privacy people around me would probably assume i was having an epileptic attack.

Am I doing something wrong? The healer I went to told me it was negativity releasing. Appreciate advice and inputs on why this happens. Thanks.

Despite the dire warnings from above, my feeling is that you are doing fine and this is what is supposed to happen. So congrats!

The life force energy in you (call it prana or chi or whatever) is clearing the pathway so that energy can flow better. Ever seen a garden hose all in knots? When you turn the water on it's blocked. As you loosen the knots, it starts to shake and once the way is smooth, there is no more shaking. Same thing will happen to you.

The hands are connected to the heart chakra through a meridian (terminology of Chinese acupuncture - these are called nadis in the Indian Sanskrit). The head moving side to side (you didn't say which direction) means that simultaneously the life force is working in your head area as well as your heart. The body shaking means She's working on your physical body as well. My goodness! But totally normal.

Just keep with the good intentions and keep with your meditation and trust the process. It will pass. The fact that you can control this means it is all perfectly natural and that Kundalini is doing its normal thing that it's supposed to do. You can ask Her to be quiet when around other people, and you can let go and surrender without inhibitions when in private. All these dramatic spiritual experiences (they are called kryias) will pass once the way has cleared.

If you want to help it along - work on your mind, heart and body. Use a mantra or affirmation or keep your mind silent if you can. For your heart, feel love for your body. For your body exercise and keep a good diet etc. These are all practical basic things you can do on the outside while your own spiritual power is working on the inside.

Absolutely nothing to be afraid of - unless you are forcing this by use of some kind of forced breathing and muscle lock (bandhas) technique or using some kind of substance - these are no no's (unless you have a highly qualified Teacher). Simply meditating? Then for sure just relax and let the storm pass.
Old 23-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Master
p.s. It also says something about the healer or the environment you were in when this began. It was a sacred environment and you were receptive to it. One who has the Kundalini awakened in them becomes "contagious" as it were and one who is receptive to it, will pick it up. It is like jump starting your engine. It is like one candle lighting another candle. You are only able to receive as much as you are open to receive. Looks like your mind, heart and body were open to receive. This is fantastic.
Old 24-03-2019, 03:42 AM
janielee

Quote:
The healer I went to told me it was negativity releasing. Appreciate advice and inputs on why this happens. Thanks.

Sometimes the body releases energy; try to look on with detached, calm awareness; no fear. If you have real life resources, teachers (meditation) or Buddhist centers, it may be more beneficial to ask on there. I think Uma is someone to listen to too, but that's just my opinion.

Don't fear,

JL
Old 24-03-2019, 08:10 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Despite the dire warnings from above, my feeling is that you are doing fine and this is what is supposed to happen. So congrats!

The life force energy in you (call it prana or chi or whatever) is clearing the pathway so that energy can flow better. Ever seen a garden hose all in knots? When you turn the water on it's blocked. As you loosen the knots, it starts to shake and once the way is smooth, there is no more shaking. Same thing will happen to you.

The hands are connected to the heart chakra through a meridian (terminology of Chinese acupuncture - these are called nadis in the Indian Sanskrit). The head moving side to side (you didn't say which direction) means that simultaneously the life force is working in your head area as well as your heart. The body shaking means She's working on your physical body as well. My goodness! But totally normal.

Just keep with the good intentions and keep with your meditation and trust the process. It will pass. The fact that you can control this means it is all perfectly natural and that Kundalini is doing its normal thing that it's supposed to do. You can ask Her to be quiet when around other people, and you can let go and surrender without inhibitions when in private. All these dramatic spiritual experiences (they are called kryias) will pass once the way has cleared.

If you want to help it along - work on your mind, heart and body. Use a mantra or affirmation or keep your mind silent if you can. For your heart, feel love for your body. For your body exercise and keep a good diet etc. These are all practical basic things you can do on the outside while your own spiritual power is working on the inside.

Absolutely nothing to be afraid of - unless you are forcing this by use of some kind of forced breathing and muscle lock (bandhas) technique or using some kind of substance - these are no no's (unless you have a highly qualified Teacher). Simply meditating? Then for sure just relax and let the storm pass.

Thanks so much. That makes me feel a whole lot better. I hear scary things about Kundalini from some and I didnt want to do anything wrong since I did not consciously will for it. I now notice that even with a small 10 min meditation not particularly chakra healing ones, I still shake. Sometimes its the head sometimes its the legs.Its not really specific but it various parts of my body shake at random. I try not to resist it though it takes my focus off the meditation. I will let it take its course.

Yes, likely it was triggered by who I believe to be my twin flame who is also a Reiki Master Healer. The day after I met him I felt intense contractions in my sacral area and soon after that I started seeing signs everywhere and information on awakening began bombarding me. I seem to beon an intense healing journey now and it seems like an amazing experience for someone who has had no spiritual leaning so far. Thank you Uma.
Old 25-03-2019, 11:38 AM
Suspended
Dear PreciousW,
I now remember again when I started doing mantra meditation 20+ years ago I developed a lot of energy and I received a message from my Spirit Guide as an idea to do something physical like sports or physical labor to 'burn' energy so that a healthy cycle is created.