Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Knower

My one issue with the spritual community

OK, maybe there's more than one issue and this one isn't even that big of a deal.

Here it is. All or most of the spiritual places, including churches, that I have gone to that are considered spiritual all seem to have this very "lovey dovey" vibe going on and all seem to have the opinion that God is love and it's all about love and love is the power of the universe etc. Now there is nothing wrong with love and in fact I think love is a good thing. However, love is a human emotion. More importantly it is an emotion. The universe has nothing to do with emotions and if there is a god he/she or it doesn't love us because it would be neutral. It doesn't care. It's powerful and it gives us our power but it doesn't "love" us. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble here and of course that's just my opinion. People can interpret the power of god as love but even that to me is a bit silly. All we have to do is look at all the bad things going on the world to know that love has nothing to do with it. Things happen. If god makes those things happen then obviously god doesn't love us. God is neutral. We need to find our own personal connection to god. Let's leave love out of it and save it for our personal relationships with other humans.

Ok, I'm ready for the "you are going about this(or thinking about this) the wrong way comments.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Yogi Palooza

Most people out there who believe in spirituality, not religions. They tend to believe that there is only one true conciousness out there in the Universe, I call it source. And this conciousness is expressing itself differently in everything you see around you. So if one believes that there is only one true conciousness out there, it wouldn't make sense to believe that there could ever exist an external being which you call by "God", outside of yourself. In other words you are god! You are me and I am you. Most of the suffering going on in this Planet has very little to do with bad things happening to good people. Most people on this planet has a belief that anything bad can happen to them, that they have no controle over their reality. You must understand that every single being on this planet has the power to create reality, good or bad. So when you see someone winning a lottery or breaking an arm it is because they have manifested that into their own reality. As for the "love" part of your post, I know how our emotions play into out life. But I can't at the top of my mind tell you how "God" is or could be represented with love. I am no enlightened master, well at least not yet so I don't have all the answers you're looking for but I know someone who does have. Her name is Teal Scott and when I say she has all the answers I am not joking around, I mean it to the fullest extent! She has many videos on youtube under her channel "TheSpiritualCatalyst". Videos about many different things, I suggest you check out her channel and watch a video under a title that interests you.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Master
Dear Mystik, there are different types of love even within the human version of love, divine love however is very different to the human emotion you mention. Divine love is what makes and sustains this universe, it is the oak tree to the acorn of human love. As to whether God loves us, yes he/she does, we are; as yogi says above, part and parcel of god, god is not neutral, all of this here is for us, in fact if we were not here, neither would all of this universe be here. A big part of the spiritual journey is learning to turn our human love toward god and in turn as we grow, manifesting divine love as we merge with the divine.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:00 PM
amy green

Mystik - are you familiar with people's NDE (near death experiences)? It cannot be mere coincidence that, despite coming from diverse cultures, they often share the same experience. I am referring to that of approaching a tunnel of light, and feeling sensations of warmth and security. Doesn't fit with your depiction of a neutral God.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
OK, maybe there's more than one issue and this one isn't even that big of a deal.

Here it is. All or most of the spiritual places, including churches, that I have gone to that are considered spiritual all seem to have this very "lovey dovey" vibe going on and all seem to have the opinion that God is love and it's all about love and love is the power of the universe etc. Now there is nothing wrong with love and in fact I think love is a good thing. However, love is a human emotion. More importantly it is an emotion.
Love is an emotion and in my view also vibration. In a person's aura it shows up as pink. I believe. Colour is vibration.

The universe has nothing to do with emotions and if there is a god he/she or it doesn't love us because it would be neutral.

On what do you base your statement that God does not "love us because it would be neutral?" God is unconditional love which neutrally includes all of creation. God is vibration, a vibration which humans feel as love and since it is neutral as you say, it is also unconditional i.e. God loves all equally.

It doesn't care. It's powerful and it gives us our power but it doesn't "love" us.

Is God a person with human attributes?

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble here and of course that's just my opinion. Whose bubble? Not mine.

People can interpret the power of god as love but even that to me is a bit silly.

Were you created? If the answer is yes, would it be possible for God who according to you only has power be able to create the emotion called love? Would you be able to even think of love unless you had felt it?

All we have to do is look at all the bad things going on the world to know that love has nothing to do with it.

I don't know if you have ever heard of Seth, the entity channeled by Jane Roberts. This is what Seth said: "When he is destructive, man does not seek to be destructive per se; but in a desire to achieve that which he thinks of as a particular goal that to him is good, he forgets to examine the goodness of his methods."

Things happen. If god makes those things happen then obviously god doesn't love us.

But is it God who makes those things happen? Or is it man who was given free will?

God is neutral. I agree since God loves all equally.

We need to find our own personal connection to god. There isn't a person on SF who would disagree with you.

Let's leave love out of it and save it for our personal relationships with other humans. One day you will discover how wrong you are.

Ok, I'm ready for the "you are going about this(or thinking about this) the wrong way comments. Nope. It is your way and all roads lead to Rome...eventually.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Twilla

Mystik -
on the one hand i can totally relate to being put off by the more conspicuously, "insistent" as i like to call it, lovey-dovey vibe of some spiritual communities. I'm the girl who recoils in horror when the hugs start getting passed around :). I am definitely more reserved in that respect.
And when i reflect on my life, which has had a lot of pain (losing my son when he was just a teenager being a prime example), it can be hard to see the PTBs (Powers That Be) as being "loving" in the human context we can't help but put it in.
But. I have also experienced moments of what i consider to be sacred flashes of some sense of divinity as well. And in my darkest moments, i have felt what can only be described as benevolence coming from a source that most certainly wasn't me. So perhaps "benevolence" or "holiness" (in a non-christian/otherwise dogmatic sense of the word) would be a better term than the human concept of love. Words kind of become a question of semantics at some point, really.
But it is a sense that, if i only accept it, that there is some kind of force protecting me. Not protecting me in the sense that i was spared from certain violences that i've experienced in my life - or unspeakable loss. Because i certainly have experienced those things. If life was easy and nothing terrible ever happened, it wouldn't be LIFE. Pain and loss is part of the whole deal.
But i also have come to believe that i chose this existence to learn certain things. And the fact that i was given that choice speaks of a certain kind of Love - or at least Something-Not-Evil - existing in the Universe.
And in the end, it's all about how i choose to perceive it. I can either see the world and the PTBs as indifferent, or as ultimately benevolent.

My son said something not long before he died - he was only 17 at the time and i don't think i've ever heard more profound words - in any case, they are words i try to live by now that he is no longer with me:

"I think either everything is holy, or nothing is. I'd much rather live in a world where it's EVERYTHING. I don't even think God enters into it. It just is."
Old 10-06-2013, 04:48 PM
It is all good

Quote:
All we have to do is look at all the bad things going on the world to know that love has nothing to do with it.

Agreed. Love has nothing to do with war, hate, and tons of other bad stuff. To what do you attribute all the good things to? Things like giving, sharing, hugging, feeding the hungry and so many more. I see a lot of love out there and I know from my own experience that one day, for no reason I can fathom, my heart was changed. I didn't ask for it, I didn't study for it. It just was.

Just my opinion, but to me love is the "quicker picker upper". It quietly comes in and cleans up the mess hate, fear, anger etc. leaves behind.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Ivy

I agree with you...but over time I've come to the conclusion that it is mostly poor wording and sometimes people who have learned from that poor wording.

yep, universe is neutral. Love is a carrot to the proverbial donkey.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Deactivated Account
In my opinion love is the in thing in the spiritual community. I agree its an emotion. In my experience i feel connected in all the emotions so i cant get into love so much. So when i hear all the love stuff it sounds discriminating. Im like what the heck. Why? But its probably up to each of us. If a lot of people like to have spirituality about love thats cool. But i dont have to and thats cool to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik

Here it is. All or most of the spiritual places, including churches, that I have gone to that are considered spiritual all seem to have this very "lovey dovey" vibe going on and all seem to have the opinion that God is love and it's all about love and love is the power of the universe etc. Now there is nothing wrong with love and in fact I think love is a good thing. However, love is a human emotion. More importantly it is an emotion. The universe has nothing to do with emotions and if there is a god he/she or it doesn't love us because it would be neutral. It doesn't care. It's powerful and it gives us our power but it doesn't "love" us. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble here and of course that's just my opinion. People can interpret the power of god as love but even that to me is a bit silly. All we have to do is look at all the bad things going on the world to know that love has nothing to do with it. Things happen. If god makes those things happen then obviously god doesn't love us. God is neutral. We need to find our own personal connection to god. Let's leave love out of it and save it for our personal relationships with other humans.

Ok, I'm ready for the "you are going about this(or thinking about this) the wrong way comments.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Knower

[Is God a person with human attributes? ]

No, and that is why god doesn't care and cannot care. People can care. Even animals can care. Energy or anything that is not alive, imo, cannot care.