Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Deactivated Account

Cool thing just happened

I had hiccups and they wouldn't go away.. very annoying. Anyway, after trying everything to get rid of them I gave up, and the phrase "what you resist persists" popped into my head. So I just let the hiccups 'be', and they instantly stopped.

I think this is cool, so I just had to share
Old 30-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Deactivated Account
It's great when you get confirmation of a well known spiritual saying! Thanks for sharing.
Old 30-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Master

When I was younger I used to have hiccups too.
Someone taught me that holding your breath as long as possible made the hiccups disappear...it worked everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
so I just had to share
Me too
Old 30-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
I had hiccups and they wouldn't go away.. very annoying.
Anyway, after trying everything to get rid of them I gave up, and the phrase
"what you resist persists" popped into my head.
So I just let the hiccups 'be', and they instantly stopped.

Wish you could see my big smile right now!!!

We are all really moving forward, aren't we!
It's so exciting to be alive now!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Master

A nice reminder.
Old 30-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Ivy

You see, without spiritual wisdom we'd still be standing our heads trying to sip water and holding our breath until we turn an unpleasant shade of purple .

It is true though, when we have hiccups, if we relax our breathing, the convulsions often stop - I'd never related it to that particular wisdom, but it does make a fab example.
Old 30-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:
I had hiccups and they wouldn't go away.. very annoying. Anyway, after trying everything to get rid of them I gave up, and the phrase "what you resist persists" popped into my head. So I just let the hiccups 'be', and they instantly stopped.

That's cool but what's even cooler is that you see the coolness of it.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 30-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Master

Quote:

I'm going to try this the next time. Now you make the phrase pop into my head, never would have thought of putting something like this into practice. Spirit in all things. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:11 AM
Master
it kinda reminds me of when i would do sudoku puzzles and i would try so hard to solve it but couldn't. then i would give up and take a nap, only to wake up later and see the answers right in front of me.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Greenslade

Quote:

Thinking like the Universe eh? Even cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
You see, without spiritual wisdom we'd still be standing our heads trying to sip water and holding our breath until we turn an unpleasant shade of purple .

It is true though, when we have hiccups, if we relax our breathing, the convulsions often stop - I'd never related it to that particular wisdom, but it does make a fab example.
Dare to be different purple is a Spiritual colour after all.

It's good when 'real life' and Spirituality come crashing together, apparently Ascension is supposed to be about bringing 5th dimensional consciousness into this dimension so there you have it. Less 'Spiritual hiccups' for us then?