Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #171  
Old 15-11-2018, 08:58 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 5,620
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop
Only if you are that much of a prick.

I would also say it to your face.

Regards
DL


Yes you are so rude and ignorant I believe you would say it to my face.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 15-11-2018, 09:13 PM
davidmartin davidmartin is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 252
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop
So you think God condemning us unjustly is a good way to start a relationship. Ok. Not at all intelligent or just, but ok.

To your last. No. What is important is respect for God and his condemning unjustly is not going to create trust. The opposite would be true.

Would you go home and accuse /condemn your child just to turn around and forgive him to try to create a better relationship?

Are you that insane?

Regards
DL

I find it funny you're doing what you say you don't like, by condemning me unjustly, maybe you're trying to prove the point i don't know! But I don't believe God actually has done anything wrong, its that people have created beliefs that make God out to condemn in an unjust manner, so you can choose to believe God is really like that, or that he isn't but it's the beliefs. When I realised it was the beliefs it helped me a lot
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 04-12-2018, 08:51 PM
VinceField VinceField is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,084
  VinceField's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi everyone

I watched this video on youtube and it just made me feel good inside and so i want to share this with everyone. Hope you enjoy it as i did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQ03ki7-UU

2 Timothy 4:3-4
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

That feeling you got was what the Bible calls having your ears tickled.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 05-12-2018, 12:54 AM
davidmartin davidmartin is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 252
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
2 Timothy 4:3-4
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

That feeling you got was what the Bible calls having your ears tickled.

but what is the truth? and why should an imitation of it seem better than the reality itself? i think this is a legalistic argument
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 05-12-2018, 01:14 AM
VinceField VinceField is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,084
  VinceField's Avatar
The truth is God's word. False teachings are more appealing to most people because these teachings support their distorted and sinful thoughts, beliefs and lifestyles. When the truth reveals that one's preferred way of life is wrong, most people will run from it at all costs.

What this comes down to is having a sound foundation for truth and knowledge. If you use your own logic, feelings and preferences as your final authority for truth and knowledge, you are deceiving yourself. The Bible is the word of God and is the one and only absolute reference for truth and knowledge.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 05-12-2018, 01:46 AM
davidmartin davidmartin is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 252
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
The truth is God's word. False teachings are more appealing to most people because these teachings support their distorted and sinful thoughts, beliefs and lifestyles. When the truth reveals that one's preferred way of life is wrong, most people will run from it at all costs.

What this comes down to is having a sound foundation for truth and knowledge. If you use your own logic, feelings and preferences as your final authority for truth and knowledge, you are deceiving yourself. The Bible is the word of God and is the one and only absolute reference for truth and knowledge.

this is a logical argument that you are making, i want to know the reality of what makes the truth good, since we are able to discern the difference between good and bad from the earliest age. isn't our true preferred way of life to be good like God is good? why would anyone run from that, but they do run from arguments based on fear that do not seem quite right. we all take our stand in what we believe. i believe God is a little more flexible than you make him out to be and more loving. But religious law, a hallmark of that is it is unpleasant but has to be suffered. Wasn't Jesus against that? Do we really know him? There is more to this I believe and that is the absolute truth, and its found in freedom
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 05-12-2018, 11:36 AM
VinceField VinceField is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,084
  VinceField's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
this is a logical argument that you are making, i want to know the reality of what makes the truth good, since we are able to discern the difference between good and bad from the earliest age. isn't our true preferred way of life to be good like God is good? why would anyone run from that, but they do run from arguments based on fear that do not seem quite right. we all take our stand in what we believe. i believe God is a little more flexible than you make him out to be and more loving. But religious law, a hallmark of that is it is unpleasant but has to be suffered. Wasn't Jesus against that? Do we really know him? There is more to this I believe and that is the absolute truth, and its found in freedom

I've already answered this question, and the Bible answers it, and you'd know this if you read it, although it is also common knowledge. People are not good like God is good. People are naturally selfish, we lie, deceive others, and do immoral and hurtful things. It's in our nature. What you believe about God based on your own feelings and preferences is irrelevant, as it has no relation to the true God who has already revealed himself to us and has come in the flesh to atone for our sins.

So again, your own personal feelings and preferences are not truth, and your own reasoning is not the final authority on what is valid. Only the one true absolute God can logically provide the proper justification for making any truth claims, as He is the creator and determiner of truth. The God I speak of, the biblical God, IS LOVE. I don't even know what you mean when you say religious law is unpleasant, but I'm pretty sure you don't either. You really need to educate yourself on this. Do yourself a favor, pick up the Bible and study it, read what Jesus and the apostles said and pray that God opens your eyes to see the truth so that you may be saved.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 05-12-2018, 11:28 PM
davidmartin davidmartin is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 252
 
hello vince i just read this and i don't think i am deceived, or that you are. we just disagree thats all. i believe you experience God, I believe I do. i choose to emphasise things differently. we wont ever agree probably. i just think God is the God of the heart and the heart in it's root is good because it's root is in it's creator. The root of the Bible is too. So the concept of the depravity of the soul is blasphemous to me, just as being God is to you, but I don't believe that either. if i am wrong i will have plenty of time to think about this, if you are, you will be surprised! we have to choose but i definately do believe you experience the same and only God i do
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums