Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Master
a feeling of done it all...

I'm just trying to see if there are others that share what I am feeling. Not really sure if this is the right spot for this.

It's hard to truly express what I am feeling as well, words can not fully capture a feeling.

This is a feeling I've had pretty much my entire life. It's not apathy, I don't believe. It's a general feeling of it's all been done before so it doesn't have much interest.

I had this growing up with school, and as I got older with all the various jobs I've had over the years. None really interesting me, or exciting me to enjoy them.

I see it even when I read the forum and see all the different people growing and evolving. To me it's a feeling that I've done that and I've done it long ago. So I don't have the interest to be doing it now.

It's not to say I don't enjoy things as I do enjoy watching movies, and having out with friends and doing things, like bowling or playing video games.

It is hard to convey what I truly mean. So I am putting it out here to see if others feel this way... I'm sure the masses will line up and say oh yea I feel that too.
Old 18-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Master
Yes I feel that way. It is like I have fulfilled my needs and desires and am at peace now.
Life is great this way.
James
Old 18-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Experiencer

done it all before

I get what you're saying.
I believe it has to do with reincarnation.
We live lives and spend them doing whatever we do.l
In some of them, we become interested in spiritual development (that's what it's called these days).
when we make some progress, we sometimes recognize on a subconscious level we've caught up to where we left off, last time. Maybe we got interrupted by world-trouble and didn't get as far as we wanted to, maybe our circumstances prevented us from going further. That dissapointment carries over, I think, into our next "fall" into Earth existance. Then we start over and start making progress again, and that dissappointment is in our unconscious memory and presents itself to the conscious mind as "why bother, it dont work anyway".,,,but that feeling is purely ego (as some of us define ego=the waking state consciousness of the physical brain.
So in conclusion of this reply: My thoughts are, learn to recongnize what is from either of two minds: There is mind in brain, and mind away from brain. the way to distinguish, in my view and experience, is through meditation. Even the Dali Lama said once, after meditation for a while, the mind begins to feel like two different things. I believe whole heartedly that there are two minds. ONe in brain, one away from brain.
I guess that's enough typing for now,
and I hope this gives you enough to instigate the uncovering of the truth that suits you.
Old 18-05-2011, 02:48 AM
Experiencer

And, also, dont forget, what a lot of people who know call ego, is always trying to discourage you from progressing away from it.
Old 18-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Master
i dunno, i don't think there is any question as to why one feels the way innerlight explained.
If one is investigating a feeling of fulfillment and questioning if they have met all their karmic debts than that is not the same thing being talked about here.
No, this is peace. This is something different.............
James
Old 18-05-2011, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker2011
And, also, dont forget, what a lot of people who know call ego, is always trying to discourage you from progressing away from it.

Here again, in this fulfilled state there is no fear that it is not real and pure. You are talking about something altogether different IMO.
James
Old 18-05-2011, 02:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker2011

I understand what you are saying as I know the ego pretty well, and have a well developed ego. Enough to know that many seek the impossible to destroy their ego. Which can never happen. We can only bring our ego into balance and harmony within ourselves to fully know the ego and allow ourselves to be free from its control.

On a side whenever I see ego I always think of Eggo Waffles.
Old 18-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
i dunno, i don't think there is any question as to why one feels the way innerlight explained.
If one is investigating a feeling of fulfillment and questioning if they have met all their karmic debts than that is not the same thing being talked about here.
No, this is peace. This is something different.............
James

Yes, there is certainly a peace. As I don't need anything to fill me, or make me happy. Which I see a lot of people struggling to fill that void of bringing something into their lives to fill them.

Though I am still iffy on what I believe on Karma. I think there is a lot of confusion on that subject, but that is another subject in another thread.
Old 18-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Master
Yes maybe the Eggo comercial would be better if instead of saying "Leggo my Eggo"...it said "Embrace my Eggo"....................lol
Old 18-05-2011, 04:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I'm just trying to see if there are others that share what I am feeling. Not really sure if this is the right spot for this.

It's hard to truly express what I am feeling as well, words can not fully capture a feeling.

This is a feeling I've had pretty much my entire life. It's not apathy, I don't believe. It's a general feeling of it's all been done before so it doesn't have much interest.

I had this growing up with school, and as I got older with all the various jobs I've had over the years. None really interesting me, or exciting me to enjoy them.

I see it even when I read the forum and see all the different people growing and evolving. To me it's a feeling that I've done that and I've done it long ago. So I don't have the interest to be doing it now.

It's not to say I don't enjoy things as I do enjoy watching movies, and having out with friends and doing things, like bowling or playing video games.

It is hard to convey what I truly mean. So I am putting it out here to see if others feel this way... I'm sure the masses will line up and say oh yea I feel that too.

Oh but there are so many things yet to be done. Look how rapidly the world is changing. Our lives are filled with novelty. Now is a time of unprecedented creative potential. Worst time in history to check out brother.