Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 29-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Master

Thank you for your input Miss Hepburn. I'm so sorry your evening with your friend was cut short by his getting a reaction.

I'm the tip of the iceberg (not that I'm the only one). Many more will follow me with digestive problems and become so sensitive to certain foods. I really am sympathetic towards the people who have no idea what they are consuming.

Yep, the coffee I have ordered is organic, and kosher. Kosher rules say they can't add anything to it so that's a double protection for me. Believe me there were many, many online stores selling organic coffees. But many had varieties like raspberry chocolate, macadamia coconut, etc. I sought out a company that had just varieties of plain coffee. The reason is those raspberry chocolate coffee beans are being roasted in the same roaster as my plain Columbian coffee beans.

Bless you and all you do here on the forum.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:12 PM
Master

I'm still waiting for my organic coffee beans. I went 2 days with no coffee at all. In the meantime I ordered organic unbleached coffee filters. After 2 days of no coffee I broke down and used my Folgers with the new coffee filters and had no digestive problems. I'm wondering if the regular, store-bought filters are using a cornstarch (to make them stiff) on their final product?

I looked it up online and could find nothing to confirm my suspicions.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:54 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I've had an ongoing battle with mayonnaise. I've been out of the homemade stuff for a couple of weeks. I hate to make it because it is so messy.

Have you tried a hand blender?
I use it instead of a hand mixer b/c it comes w/it's own covered blending container ...
http://www.target.com/p/oster-immers...gc lsrc=aw.ds

Have you read this?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/margie...b_2039455.html

It sucks to have food allergies!
Old 05-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Master

Hi Really! I did the research and came up with a immersion (stick) blender. It does the trick.

The article was a good one. Thanks for stopping by!
Old 08-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Master

My organic coffee came yesterday. I opted for whole coffee beans because that way I know no fillers are added to my coffee. I'm on my second cup this morning and so far no pain. Oh, and by the way the Folger's coffee did contain some kind of filler in it. I tried it 2 other times (while waiting impatiently for my organic coffee beans) and ended up in pain. So it wasn't just the bleached coffee filters.

I had 3 days this last week where I had very little pain. It stems, I think, from the fact that for lunch each of those days I was eating leftover meatloaf in a sandwich. No lunch meat which is my usual go-to sandwich filler.

The 4th day I broke into a new package of all natural and gluten free turkey breast lunch meat and I got sick immediately. Horrible stomach cramps and pains. So this makes sense. I always get sick after I have eaten. I don't eat breakfast. Lunch is my first meal of the day. I always make sure all my chores are done before I eat because I always get sick after I've eaten (except those 3 days with those meatloaf sandwiches).

So, apparently lunch meat is out. Even though I get all the all natural, gluten free, apparently somehow they are getting corn into it. Yesterday I ate some leftover chicken strips in a sandwich for lunch and didn't get sick.

Then later in the day I grated up some imported (from Italy) Parmesan cheese. I tested two small pinches (between finger and thumb) and 30 minutes later I was cramping and in pain. So that Parmesan cheese is using rennet made from corn, is all I can think. Back to the drawing board. I gotta have my Parmesan cheese!

It was kind of a bummer because up until that point I was having a successfully pain-free day.

But today will be better. Organic, kosher coffee, no lunch meat, and no Parmesan cheese.

So let me recap. Over the past few weeks I have found that all American jams and jellies have corn in it. It's in the pectin. First ingredient on the box of pectin (I researched) is dextrose. Dextrose is made from corn.

Secondly, all cheeses made in the United States has corn in it. The rennet is made from corn.

Thirdly, all American coffees have fillers in them. Organic included. Specifically, corn, wheat or barley.

Fourthly, organic, gluten free lunch meat is not safe either. Don't ask me how but somehow they have managed to get corn in it. It's not my brain telling me that, it's my body. I react violently to it.

Now if this could only (crossing fingers) be the last of my corn learning curve. I've been working on the corn issues for 2 years now. I started January 2015 and now it's January 2017. I started this thread July 2015, about 6 months after I became corn intolerant.

Please, please, please.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:17 PM
Master

Are they serious? Carpets made out of corn?

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/carp...and-plas-74812
Old 09-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Master

I found a delphi forum that is all about corn allergies. It's not that active but there are a few posts per day/week if you want to check it out.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/avoidingcorn/start
Old 10-01-2017, 12:57 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
The 4th day I broke into a new package of all natural and gluten free turkey breast lunch meat and I got sick immediately. Horrible stomach cramps and pains. So this makes sense. I always get sick after I have eaten. I don't eat breakfast. Lunch is my first meal of the day. I always make sure all my chores are done before I eat because I always get sick after I've eaten (except those 3 days with those meatloaf sandwiches).

Linen,

We 're in the same boat except I drink Boost Glucose Control for breakfast to prevent headaches from low blood sugar ...
Some days I feel like I'm just starving while trying to find something I can digest w/out vomiting or stomach cramps ...
I no longer have to be concerned about gaining weight from diabetes ...
Believe me, I know your pain ...
Take care ...
Old 10-01-2017, 01:25 AM
Master

It's nice to not feel so alone Really! Thanks for listening. Oh how I do know about those stomach cramps/stabbing pains.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Master

4th day on my organic kosher coffee and no pain. I buy it from Dean's Beans online.