Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-02-2018, 05:21 PM
Eelco

what happens to human development when we develop spiritually

Hi,

I've been on a spiritual path for as long as I can remember.
At some point I chose to find my enlightenment if you will in the marketplace instead of on the mountain.

What I came to see surprised me.
I love the "normal", "unenlightend", "suffering", "confused" humans out there.
On a small level they are capable of spreading such a rampant amount of down to earth, common sense love and understanding that it often has me awed.
Don't get me wrong I see the pitfalls where people suffer through ignorance as well.

The point I want to make that at spiritual forums Of which this is one.
There's many who on the path seem like they forgotten how to just be human.

They see themselves (often, certainly not always) as farther along on some perceived path.That in itself may be true or not. What amazes me is that suddenly that gives the spiritual toddler a stick to beat the ignorant human with.

I just don't understand that. I used to think it was a phase on the path if you will. AN enthusiastic wish to share newfound joy. Over the years though I see many who keep at it. elevating themselves above the people that just try to make a living in a world of 10.000 joys and 10.000 sorrows. Why Is That?

With Love
Eelco
Old 07-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Deactivated Account
And I thought part of being "enlightened" was that you do not judge others and see everyone as equal, as we are all connected... Wasn't compassion an important part, too?
(I am not too fond of labels, because they often bring a note of belonging to an elite group with them or of judgement.)
Old 07-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Master

a lot of people want to feel special... unfortunately if you want to feel special you have to make many others feel not-special... otherwise there is nothing to point to and say how you stand out from the crowd?

Unfortunately it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy; the very fact you want to feel special denies others from having the same experience. Which is exactly why Christ (for example) sided with the poor and downtrodden rather than with those who think themselves special. For some reason he seemed to see value in sharing the treasures of 'the kingdom' with the people who need them rather than hoarding them for the pleasure of those who don't.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Master

When one member overrides or counters another member with their views on life or spiritually it just shows that member number one is a young soul. A young soul feels threatened with anyone who has a differing view than they do so they will try to change that or at least challenge it.

I used to be very frustrated with people who are blindly moving through life without questioning anything they encounter. Now I realize they are living "The Dream". They are here to live their lives going through the motions and they don't want or are not ready to start questioning their actions. And I have realized that is all okay.

If someone "corrects" my beliefs I just let it pass and say nothing. I'm not here to defend my beliefs and I do not want to argue about our different spiritual beliefs. What is the point?
Old 07-02-2018, 09:35 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
Hi,

At some point I chose to find my enlightenment if you will in the marketplace instead of on the mountain.

On a small level they are capable of spreading such a rampant amount of down to earth, common sense love and understanding that it often has me awed.
Don't get me wrong I see the pitfalls where people suffer through ignorance as well.

They see themselves (often, certainly not always) as farther along on some perceived path.That in itself may be true or not. What amazes me is that suddenly that gives the spiritual toddler a stick to beat the ignorant human with.

I just don't understand that. I used to think it was a phase on the path if you will. AN enthusiastic wish to share newfound joy. Over the years though I see many who keep at it. elevating themselves above the people that just try to make a living in a world of 10.000 joys and 10.000 sorrows. Why Is That?

With Love
Eelco

It seems to me that when someone takes this type of view it is more about ego than spirituality. Especially where a superiority stance is taken instead of seeing others for who they are and accepting them so perfectly irrespetive of their beliefs.

As to know about being enlightened and being enlightened are two completely different things.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 07-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Master
The further we can remove ourselves the greater the overall picture will be.
Look at the ocean, many peaks and valleys, yet all are made of the same and taking part of the same dance we call creation.
Whether we are up or down or somewhere in the middle is, from the creation point of view irrelevant, what is important, that we take part.
To take it into our daily life, find a place you are comfortable in or even happy. This will become easier over the next few years. Perhaps practice dispassion, (look at live from behind the short wall) and forgive, forgive forgive. All will be great.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi,

With Love
Eelco

Hi catsquot,

The question this brings to mind is;Who determines whether one is "spiritual" or not?

I feel for some thier belief is a type of protection or gives one a center. Some will hold fast to it, while others allow it to change. Find for some Inhave come across they have realized certain aspects and feel that is that. While others may realize some things and notice there is much more to explore.

Suppose it is what one finds comfort in and guidance.

Agree though placing oneself upon a petestal may lead to eventually being knocked down. Maybe an insecurity thing or fear of not being worthy ( just a thought).

I have found some that it is in his/her nature to be intuitive, compassionate, and aware usually don't try and be so. He/she just is that way and it is noticed by others without any real effort of trying to impress.

They are usually humble and go about their business without need to claim being this or that.

Humans are just people with feelings, dreams, and getting through life as best one can. Come in all shapes and sizes. Some are loud and proud in thier ways,while other are quite and humble.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:51 AM
Master
A person has a few spiritual experiences and came to a few realizations and its very easy to allow those experiences to get to our heads. It often happens without us even realizing it. In order to prevent this i feel a person needs to develop more maturely before developing spiritually.

An honest evaluation of my behavior keeps me more grounded as a person. I can allow myself to be boastful, selfish, angry, sexual, and to judge others as i see fit. In accepting this in myself i can more easily accept it in others without thinking that i'm above them in some way.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi,

With Love
Eelco

' What I came to see surprised me.
I love the "normal", "unenlightend", "suffering", "confused" humans out there.'

How did you put those humans into categories.
Is there a list and you tick the boxes which apply to your own personal judgement and then apply the label?
Old 08-02-2018, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi,

With Love
Eelco

Without judgement you can see people being lots of things, in the end your seeing is the thing seeking to understand what it is seeing and why it sees that way.

When the heart understands beyond the minds view, the way you see things change.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder