Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 30-03-2020, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Chrysalis, Do you have Arctic Lilys ?

Big John, How funny,...that a person who grows does not know about seeds. We always harvest seeds. All of my green beans will come from seed. Now, sometimes the plants do not yield viable seeds,... but those are usually flowers I have purchased from the nursery.

Most people know where seeds come from........ but they have a hard time figuring out where the seeds come from a cabbage plant.

As for plants not yielding viable seeds...... sounds like a hybrid.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 30-03-2020, 04:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Most people know where seeds come from........ but they have a hard time figuring out where the seeds come from a cabbage plant.

As for plants not yielding viable seeds...... sounds like a hybrid.

Big John, thank you for explaining. I was having a bit of a giggle. Now, I need to ask “master google” about those cabbage seeds that are so allusive. Learned something new today!
Old 30-03-2020, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Big John, thank you for explaining. I was having a bit of a giggle. Now, I need to ask “master google” about those cabbage seeds that are so allusive. Learned something new today!
Cabbage seeds come from two year old plants. At the end of the first year, I would put the cabbage plants in a cold storage cellar. The next spring, I would put the cabbage plant in dirt and put some more dirt around the plant. The plant would re-root itself. That fall I would harvest the seeds from the flower stalk that would shoot up from the plant.

It also takes two years to get seeds from carrots!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 30-03-2020, 05:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Chrysalis, Do you have Arctic Lilys ?

Big John, How funny,...that a person who grows does not know about seeds. We always harvest seeds. All of my green beans will come from seed. Now, sometimes the plants do not yield viable seeds,... but those are usually flowers I have purchased from the nursery.

What are Arctic Lilies? And guess what? It's snowing again.

I too find it odd that he doesn't know how plants make seeds. Even if you're not going to grow your own seeds, maybe it'd be good general knowledge to have about your business.

What Monsanto does for their hybrids is to make sure the genetics are "dead end" to make the seeds nonviable to prevent farmers from storing and using their own seed for next years crop.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 30-03-2020, 08:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
What are Arctic Lilies? And guess what? It's snowing again.

I too find it odd that he doesn't know how plants make seeds. Even if you're not going to grow your own seeds, maybe it'd be good general knowledge to have about your business.

What Monsanto does for their hybrids is to make sure the genetics are "dead end" to make the seeds nonviable to prevent farmers from storing and using their own seed for next years crop.

What is 'even funnier' is people in our area 'hate' Monsanto with a passion, but they really love Bayer.

Bayer owns Monsanto.

Old 30-03-2020, 10:09 PM
Master
luv t
my strbryss
i czn
mless
smell
levsess
on
thm
i
can

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 31-03-2020, 04:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Cabbage seeds come from two year old plants.

It also takes two years to get seeds from carrots!

Not mine. I just order them on Etsy, Ebay or Amazon.
Old 31-03-2020, 04:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
luv t
my strbryss
i czn
mless
smell
levsess
on
thm
i
can

Got any edibles yet?
Old 31-03-2020, 04:05 PM
Master

I just started watering my raspberries 2 days ago. Mine are everbearing so by mid summer we should be picking, eating and freezing. I share with my next door neighbors. There are enough for all of us.
Old 31-03-2020, 04:08 PM
Master

Quote:
What is 'even funnier' is people in our area 'hate' Monsanto with a passion, but they really love Bayer.

Bayer owns Monsanto.

We have some non gmo/heirloom seeds we stored, what? 10 years ago...in case.