Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 26-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Knower
New to Crystals

I'm new to crystals and wondered where to start? I want one to help me focus when I'm working with my third eye or guides. I've never been to a crystal shop so I've never been able to tell which crystal really calls to me. How do I know which one is the 'right' one if I look on an online store for one?
Old 26-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Master
Hi Winterlily, i tend to go with what catches my eye, everyone is different. Larimar is good for connecting with angels and guides. Look to see if you are attracted to indigo colours connect with the third eye chakra.
I Hope this helps.
Love GA ;)x
Old 27-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Master
Hi :)

Kunzite is my favorite crystal, and is very nice for meditation. I prefer to go to a shop, but you can always see what pictures of stones that you connect with.

Enjoy your journey with them!
Old 27-02-2012, 06:44 PM
PitBull

Winter lilly,going to a shop may just catch you on finances. They not expensive,but many will catch your eye! Small numbers add up. I bought like 18 stones,2 clusters and a geode. Cost half a grand but i liked em
Old 27-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Osian

Kyanite is a good place to start.
Old 27-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Quintessence

I'd go to a local gem/mineral show and pick something up that interests you. I suggest these shows in particular because the vendors are a little more reputable than your typical metaphysical store. By reputable, I mean these people actually have formal training in geology or mineral identification, so you're less likely to buy something that isn't as claimed. I've seen some "moonstone" being sold in metaphysical shops that was nothing but regular feldspar, among other mis-labeled merchandise. Dedicated rock shops are also not a bad bet, but they're relatively few and far between.

In general, be weary of other people's gem/mineral correspondences. Work with things firsthand.
Old 27-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Master
You can go to amazon.com or emilygems.com and they have lovely photos of their gems they offer and I haven't spent anywhere near what some have and do and I get great joy and help from them (especially my rainbow fluorite wands and all the different jaspers I have and carnelian, etc.).

Old 27-02-2012, 08:15 PM
MYFIGO

I just started working with crystals since last July. I couldn't tell which one called to me either. I felt so lost when I first began learning about crystals. The more I read, the more confused I became.

The first time, I purchased about 5 of them just because none picked me.

I also went rock hunting with my boyfriend and ones we picked up off the ground were very powerful. When I took them home and just held them in my hand while I did breathing meditation, I had visions from each one that was different. I just asked them to tell me their history. Remember that every country or state or region of the world is famous for it's own rock formations. You may have access to some wonderful rocks and crystals right where you live.

One of the stones I picked up from the ground had faces in it (these are referred to as "being" rocks). I like it a lot.

A few months later at a rock and gem show, I found I could sense the energy from a pile of quartz crystal and it is quite strong.

When we went to the lake one weekend, we visited a gift shop and I picked up a Rhodochrosite egg that immediately felt so heavy as I carried it throughout the store. It's the first stone I "knew" I should buy because I felt something from it. It sends me into the deepest sleep when I hold it. It's not good for when I wish to do healing.. but it's great first aid for someone who can't sleep!

As to which you should start with? I don't know. But you might do a google search and ask which crystal stones to help (sleep) (heal heartache) etc. And asking here is a great idea. Lots of great help on this forum.

For some reason, I really, really wanted a crystal ball. I thought I needed it to break into crystal and gemstone healing. (The important thing here is that I really "wanted" the crystal ball.) My boyfriend found one for me on a trip out west. He said the minute he walked into the gift shop, it was sitting on the opposite wall blazing with light. He knew he had to get it for me. This is just another example of my being guided to get the ball and his being made aware of it being there.

Recently though, I am being shown images of crystals and gemstones in visions that I do not have. I am being shown how to use them and they are available to me anytime I wish to use them.

So don't be discouraged if your experience is not like anyone else's. Mine took a little bit of time, but everything has really opened up for me.
Old 29-02-2012, 04:39 PM
faith_hope_love

1) All stones or gems have magnetic powers in varying degrees, and many of them are beneficial to us for their therapeutic cures.

2) They emit vibrations and frequencies which have strong potential influence on our whole being.

3) They create strong energy fields which enable us to be charged with their energies.

4) The gems are used for healing, transforming, balancing, and attuning the body, mind and soul.

5) They are a manifestation of vibrancy, light and color, life, textures, transparency and clarity.

6) They activate our abilities, soothe and comfort, heal and balance through the purity of their rays.

7) The patterns in the stones reveal to us the changes that keep taking place, indicating that life is change – that the process of evolution is a cosmic law.

8) Each gem, tuned to a particular ray, has a special role to play.

9) The gems can be cleaned by leaving them under running water for six to eight hours. Or, bury them in some earth overnight, and rinse them off. Or, keep the stone in the flame of a candle until the candle melts. Or still, place the stone amongst a heap of quartz for several days, whereby its energy is revived from the contact of the quartz.

10) The gem that is cleaned should be placed in direct sunlight, for the sun is a great source of energy and purification.

11) The more precious stones that you wear, the more strongly will you be charged with cosmic forces, radiating out into your surroundings.

12) Wear your stones – Do not store them in a safe or jewelry box, for you will be depriving your body of their tremendous power.

13) Precious stones have a way of healing emotions that have been inharmonious.

14) The stones selected for use should always be in contact with one's body to absorb their healing properties.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Master
I'm new to crystals as well (I bought a collection of them today at my local metaphysical shop) and what bothers me is that there are so many conflicting sources of information! It makes me wonder if crystals are like any other tool - we use them in our own way. Kind of like with communicating with spirit or using tarot/oracle cards. There's no set regulation for those activities, so why should there be for crystals? It gets awfully confusing, especially for newbies... some say to charge them in the sun, others say not to (because of bleaching), some say to store them in a pouch, others say to keep them close to your body, some say to clean them, others say it's unnecessary, etc.

So it makes me wonder if I should just trust my gut and do what I think "feels" right for the stones... instead of trying to figure out which sources are "right" and which are "wrong." I just feel weird about this... Crystals are one of nature's gifts to us, and yet people have placed so many rules and regulations and rituals on them...

*shrug*