Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-07-2015, 11:13 PM
Ascender

Robert Monroe's take on the afterlife..

Just wondered any views on this; Ive just finished reading his final book; The Ultimate Journey.

There's a lot of jargon ala Tom Campbell's My Big TOE. It seems to tally with Michael Newton's books in some ways but also differs in some ways.

Any views??
Old 28-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Deactivated Account
I read his book 'Far Journeys' and I really did not care for the custom jargon/vocabulary that he used to describe his experiences. I understand his reasoning for doing so - but for me it caused interruptions while reading, as I would have to pause and remember (or look up) what those special terms signified. I believe the very end of that book had a chapter written in a Question & Answer format and I found that presentation to be much more enjoyable to read...
Old 28-07-2015, 11:36 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
I read his book 'Far Journeys' and I really did not care for the custom jargon/vocabulary that he used to describe his experiences. I understand his reasoning for doing so - but for me it caused interruptions while reading, as I would have to pause and remember (or look up) what those special terms signified. I believe the very end of that book had a chapter written in a Question & Answer format and I found that presentation to be much more enjoyable to read...

That's EXACTLY what I am finding!! Do you think it's truthful??

I always have this thing that anyone can write a book cant they??
Old 29-07-2015, 02:25 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
That's EXACTLY what I am finding!! Do you think it's truthful??

I always have this thing that anyone can write a book cant they??

Okay I don't remember the exact details of his book contents/findings.... And of course he never actually 'died' so what he was experiencing we need to consider within the proper context... That being said, and generally speaking, I would imagine he gained accurate insights into the nature of the out of (physical) body state, including the nature of the telepathic communication.... Additionally, I personally feel there is truth behind the concept of the spiritual dimension(s) being stratified, or there being various layers or levels that one can come to experience depending on the frequency/vibration of one's consciousness...
Old 29-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Just wondered any views on this; Ive just finished reading his final book; The Ultimate Journey.

There's a lot of jargon ala Tom Campbell's My Big TOE. It seems to tally with Michael Newton's books in some ways but also differs in some ways.

Any views??

actually, it's Campbell that used Monroe's jargon. I am not a fan of the jargon, but it doesn't take away from the material Monroe wrote.

the Ultimate Journey is my least favorite of the three. It reads disjointed to me, and there is some self promotion for what was going on at the Monroe Institute at the time. I have heard that the book was highly edited by the ptb, and that things Monroe wanted to really express were removed because it would shatter the illusions held by humanity of life after death.
Old 29-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Ascender

Oh do tell!

What were the things that Bob Monroe left out??
Old 29-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Master
Do tell :)

I've not read Monroe's work but am pretty familiar with Tom Campbell and find it fairly spot on, we might describe a few things a bit differently but considering that if you had 20 people watch a movie together then had each one describe the movie afterwards in a room isolated by others you'd get some pretty different view points and memories from the movie, but still understand in reading the interviews that all people appeared to have seen roughly the same movie.

So given human nature and the variances in perspective, yeah My Big TOE is pretty spot on for me given my set of experiences and how the rational mind has explained and categorized them into contemporary parlance.
Old 29-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Okay I don't remember the exact details of his book contents/findings.... And of course he never actually 'died' so what he was experiencing we need to consider within the proper context... That being said, and generally speaking, I would imagine he gained accurate insights into the nature of the out of (physical) body state, including the nature of the telepathic communication.... Additionally, I personally feel there is truth behind the concept of the spiritual dimension(s) being stratified, or there being various layers or levels that one can come to experience depending on the frequency/vibration of one's consciousness...

He's dead though now isn't he?? I wonder, has anyone encountered him during an OBE??
Old 30-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Master

On Robert Monroe , he died in 1994 , or around there . I read his books , he did have a different way of seeing things . The Monroe inst. states that he is still running his inst. From his books he did believe in an after life on the astral plane and reincarnation . I have not read my big toe , so I can not comment on that book .
Old 30-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Ascender

I just wish there was more objective evidence. I really believe people see the things that they do during these experiences but its still so highly likely that they are created by the brain. It cant be ruled out.