Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
The Self must be separated from the body-mind.

Quote:
This is what some Teachers call the process of detachment. What we are detaching is Self from the belief that we are the body-mind. We are nothing we can perceive with our mind....nothing.

Hi Shabs,

I don't see that detachment is separating .

If one detaches from the sway of our senses for example then what they are is not separated from being emotional .

One cannot separate the mind body from what they are whilst in experience of it, one can only detach the belief and what having a belief in such contains in that what they are is only of a physical nature .

I suggest that one's personality cannot be separated from what we are whilst entertaining human form .

If an individual is knowing thyself whilst experiencing humanity then it is possible that the essense of a self realized individual can be expressed via one's personality .

Quote:

Sorry I got a little carried away : )

ha haha _ no worriez shabbs I like to hear your thoughts . .

x daz x
Old 25-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Guys .

Is one's personality a true reflection of one's self?

x daz x
A reflection is something a person observes.
My personality is that which i have observed and evaluated and come to conclusions of who i am.
So a reflection of myself is an expression of my awarness of myself.
If i see it, it is true, if i don't like it, i can change it.
If it's an illusion, this brings up the problem of not trusting my ability to see.
Old 25-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
A reflection is something a person observes.
My personality is that which i have observed and evaluated and come to conclusions of who i am.
So a reflection of myself is an expression of my awarness of myself.
If i see it, it is true, if i don't like it, i can change it.
If it's an illusion, this brings up the problem of not trusting my ability to see.

Hi A.C.

Is it possible would you say for anyone not to have a personality

or perhaps that it is possible for one to relate to not be in expression of one .

x daz x
Old 26-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Guys .

x daz x

God-Like - Self is an individual person as the object of his or her own reflective consciousness, whereas personality is the particular combination of emotional, attitudinal, and behavioral response patterns of an individual. Personality is developed over a lifetime based on one’s upbringing, exposure and experiences. One’s personality would not necessarily demonstrate to others what is the reflective consciousness beneath that personality. For example, if people avoid you because they think you’re dismissive and arrogant when really you are quiet and reserved because you are uncomfortably shy, your personality is not really a true reflection of your self. People aren’t always able to express their “self” through their social personality. We are selective as well as to whom we express our real reflective consciousness to and so most people only see what they see as the outward facade.

Blackraven
Old 26-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Master
Here is a thread i started about personality types if anyone wants to check it out. --->http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=30056
Old 26-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
One’s personality would not necessarily demonstrate to others what is the reflective consciousness beneath that personality

Hi B.R.

I agree but if another evaluates ones personality as given as your example incorrectly then all thats happening is that what is in expression via the personality is just being misinterpreted .

Quote:
For example, if people avoid you because they think you’re dismissive and arrogant when really you are quiet and reserved because you are uncomfortably shy, your personality is not really a true reflection of your self.

Quote:
personality is the particular combination of emotional, attitudinal, and behavioral response patterns of an individual

Many would agree when an individual self realizes one is no longer attached for use of a better world to the ordinary mind .

In those moments where one transcends the mind body fields that are of the intellect and of the emotions has that individual also therefore transcended one's personality or does the essence that is beyond the ordinary mind still express through a personality .

x daz x
Old 26-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas
You get the beginning of your personality-construct already in the mother womb. It's part of the process to be able to experience this reality as a consciousness that people give you beliefs that crystallize into your belief-structures, otherwise you would be much too alien to relate to anything and anything to you.

Hi Lukas .

What are your thoughts in that one has a personality prior to incarnating and experiencing the womb .

x daz x
Old 26-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Guide

Quote:
Hi Lukas .

What are your thoughts in that one has a personality prior to incarnating and experiencing the womb .

x daz x

The idea like I said in one of the prior posts is that there is no linearity for the bigger you that experiences - it's a big process going on in your own consciousness to know itself from all perspectives and it depends on where you are and what you want to work with. I also repeat that you chose some circumstances to ensure you work on what you intended to experience.

When you are not incarnated it doesn't mean you are out of the constructs that make you up in an incarnations as well - we may have more possibilities, though you still have to deal with yourself just that the environment is different, you may have other connections that influence you but the nature of the experience stays the same.
Old 26-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Hi Guys .

x daz x

I believe our personality is only one aspect of one's Self, composed/selected by the Self for specific reasons.
Old 26-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Hi Shabs,

I don't see that detachment is separating .

If one detaches from the sway of our senses for example then what they are is not separated from being emotional .

One cannot separate the mind body from what they are whilst in experience of it, one can only detach the belief and what having a belief in such contains in that what they are is only of a physical nature .

I suggest that one's personality cannot be separated from what we are whilst entertaining human form .

If an individual is knowing thyself whilst experiencing humanity then it is possible that the essense of a self realized individual can be expressed via one's personality .

ha haha _ no worriez shabbs I like to hear your thoughts . .

x daz x

Gods.... If detaching from something is not separating from something....what is it then? Different word...same meaning. You can not detach the body-mind from personality, but you can detach/separate Self from body,mind,personality and experience.