Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-01-2023, 10:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
Our soul is what has to wake up. I yell at mine a lot.
"You cannot wake a person who is pretending to be asleep." ~ Navajo Proverb
Is there a way to transcend the eternal/ininite cycle of dreaming/awakening?
Old 23-01-2023, 10:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
me too, but doesn't it discourage you when recapturing it and not recapturing it is just anothet dualistic cycle?

I just don't understand where the wholeness is here and now. I feel seperate and stuck in a never ending cycle of feeling good and bad, better or worse. Neutral or non neutral.

you always want to teeter into a lack of teeter-tottering, of course you are unhappy!

Personally I always thought of spirituallity more in terms of throwing out the trash than in terms of trying to obtain nirvana... the tao te ching says something about subtraction rather than addition if you wanna find your way, and jesus had some words for the rich dude who wouldn't give up his riches but still wanted to see the kingdom of heaven... so I think I'm in good company when I want to get rid of things I don't want more than I want to obtain things that seem desirable...
Old 23-01-2023, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
This morning, as...
... point of this physical life.
Thank you for sharing that.
Is there a way to transcend/surpass the cycle of awareness expansion and contraction?
Old 23-01-2023, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
The wholeness or...
... identification with it as us.
Thank you for sharing that. Very interesting.

Is it possible for the awareness to have no self/other?
Old 23-01-2023, 10:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The wholeness is...
Peace
Hi, thanks, that is very deep!

How can I surrender identification with my awareness? It seems like my awareness keeps recreating itself. Even beyond time and space.
Old 23-01-2023, 10:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ah, I have...
... wish this for you. :)
Thanks, I really take this to heart. Iwill definitely always keep practicing this.
There were physical neurological reasons (causing extreme inability to focus) why I could not often meditate, but today it changed a bit and got better a bit. I meditated a lot longer than usual again.
The last time and the longest I've meditated, in stillness, was months. Then the more the cycles accelerated beyond time and space even, into an ever expansion of evermore infinite chaos.
I still hope that maybe in this infinite chaos is the true nonduality I seek.
But it's pretty painful and hard to get there too. Month(s) of meditation.
It causes massive energy momentum of extreme despair/bliss polarised/polarity. Those came after month(s) of neutrality during stilness focus and meditation.
But I do sill have hope that something is possible through meditation. If anything at all, it just fuels my desire for seeking the nondual.
I really believe it has to exist.
So I will always continue to meditate, as long as I can and as often as I am able and as long as I can focus. Sometimes pain helps me to focus, like today. But its difficult to maintain balance when energies expand infinitely, it may end up destroying my ability to focus/meditate.
Old 23-01-2023, 11:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
... so I think I'm in good company when I want to get rid of things I don't want more than I want to obtain things that seem desirable...
Hi, thanks for sharing this.
Do you think it is possible to get rid of awareness?
I have given up everything many times, but they seem to be chasing me down. I am willing to give up awareness (self&other) aswell, but it seems that awareness is eternal, in that it always is somehow recreated. Or even evermore present in an eternal unavoidable ability to emmenate "becoming/change" again due to the eternity of awareness being greater than itself forevermore. And its ability to emmenate duality/vibration/change is so unbounded that it always ends up recreating time and space and limitation.

The final cycle I have transcended, I realised that relativity=absolute and there is no escape from awareness/duality. Even the rebelious attempt is always met by eternal&infinite suffering/chaos.

If anyone says that they can do that, then they have not suffered enough to know what infinite suffering really is. There is no point that it wont get worse anymore. It is futile and surrendering back to duality becomes the only option.

But the eternal desire to transcend duality remains forever. Even tho it seems futile, impossible and childish. For nonduality has to be the ever non transcending. And if remaining as purely only it, is not possible, then nothing is. It all becomes an illusion. As even succes then would be merely one side of the coin.

I wish awareness and consciousness were nondual. It would make things so much more easy.

For now, nonduality is an unknowable/unreachable/unrealisable thing that governs the eternal cycles of awareness' expansion&contraction. In infinite forevermore new and unique cycles.
Old 23-01-2023, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
I really believe it has to exist.
Thank you for being so nice since I was pretty blunt.
Think how at the core of everything is one thing...if you contemplate on that (not really meditation, see?)..it gets you
very far in blowing your mind. And then your half way there ---that's why there are Zen Koans ...just to blow your mind...
to get out of your mind.
A Course in Miracles, ACIM, wants to do the same thing just in the first 10 Daily Lessons -
you ponder a diff sentence for 365 days. (People don't know this about ACIM.)

Or try this: Sit and ponder - "What is it that is making my hair and fingernails grow and that plant in the window at this very moment?
What is THAT."
That can take the place of actually stopping your thoughts, so may be easier.
Notice how the egoic mind doesn't want you to think on these things...
just keep going back ...like gently replacing a needle in a groove.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-01-2023, 02:03 AM
Master
Ewwerrin, Non-duality can definitely be experienced; most people who sit in quiet meditation experience non-duality. Non-duality is omnipresent. The thing is our Earthly orientation compels us to collate, categorize, and place names or labels on everything; giving us a more fractured utilitarian view of the one-ness. Experiencing one-ness does not happen in our thoughts, rather it is an experience that engulfs our whole being.

The experience happens when I let go inside; I control it by not controlling it. It has nothing to do with logic or reasoning. Expectations can also get in the way. It is a process, a spiritual journey, and in my experience it requires humble surrender. We are basically talking about literally opening our heart, at the core of our being, and allowing our consciousness to literally expand.

The first step is learning how to quiet our mind and sit in the silent stillness of the moment with no thoughts or expectations. As far as suffering is concerned; is suffering external or internal? I can definitely say that happiness is an inside job. Although most people make happiness about external objects, etc. Happiness and sadness are two sides of the same coin; they are part of duality. One-ness is beyond that; one-ness is beyond words and thoughts.
Old 24-01-2023, 04:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Ewwerrin, Non-duality can definitely be...
... and thoughts.
Thanks. This is a good start. Is there ever a point where one no longer has to surrender/allow? Where all that has to be surrendered is surrendered, without new things arising again that has to be surrendered again? Where the expansion of awareness no longer becomes or turns out to be or reveals itself to be or reveals within itself to be a contraction due to infinity of duality/relativity/vibrationality of awareness?