Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-06-2022, 06:29 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Hi ,

primarily its for you to work out .

Yup. Thanks Hitesh. I couldn't work out and find that 'this is suitable for me'. Enjoying and Excel and Role and Part, I couldn't find those too and clearly see I'm not fit for those.

Very much Tamasic I am. Very much Lazy and Sleepy and Uninterested I Am.

Okay. Yeah, it's upto me to work out, but what if I have no interest to work out, and remain fully foolish/ignorant/Tamasic all life long?

That's how I see I'm gonna end up.

Thanks for your piece of advice by spending some time in reading my posts.

BYE.
Old 04-06-2022, 11:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
Okay. Yeah, it's upto me to work out, but what if I have no interest to work out, and remain fully foolish/ignorant/Tamasic all life long?

and what exactly is wrong with this? Aside from the fact that the rest of us will tell you you shouldn't?
Old 05-06-2022, 06:24 AM
Master

Life ahead

Quote:
it's upto me to work out, but what if I have no interest to work out, and remain fully foolish/ignorant/Tamasic all life long?

It's your life n your prerogative what u want to do.
World n God won't change its ways for u. Others can at most share inspiration but it is u who has to take right steps.

Life of teacher/monk without proper frame of mind n orientation too is fraught with lots of challenges. Many a so called spirituals have broken their heads n legs(not literally) in pursuit of wrong idea of spirituality.

Being tamasic is not very bad.Every person has some tamas quotient in him/her. That's how we sleep when tamas becomes strong.

Finally an overly tamas dominated life may be long in years (not always) but it results in ignorance,superstition n darkness and you get the species in next birth suited to your orientation in next life.(read BG).
Old 12-06-2022, 07:22 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Finally an overly tamas dominated life may be long in years (not always) but it results in ignorance,superstition n darkness and you get the species in next birth suited to your orientation in next life.(read BG).

We sleep because of Tamas/Ignorance? It might be we having physical/external conscious (first stage) or psychological conscious (second stage) because of Ignorance/Impressions that makes us move away from Prajna.

The word "Prajna" means "Supreme Wisdom/Knowledge". Mandukya verse 6 says Prajna as "Lord and Knower of All" - very Blissful. Is it right to call this Prajna as Ignorance? It is called Undifferentiated Consciousness. Can this "Lord/Knower/Ishwara" be ignorant of Atman? You may also read Manthra 11 of same Upanishad.

I can understand how Advaita (or Ignorant Swami's) made a wrong notion about "Third State", where Upanishads says different and never call it as "Ignorance/Tamas". They are Ignorant of "AUM" - the real meaning of three states. Rightly Understanding "Vaishvanara,Taijasa,Prajna" is more Important before Chaturtam as Atman has "4 quarters and just not One". Poor Advaitins.

This Prajna, is not just Sleeping State. It's like a Coating inside even now, very Blissful. You can feel/merge in that "Prajna" even now in Waking state, by just withdrawing all senses and being not conscious of Waking and not conscious of Dream, where it is called no more waking but "third" as one is not conscious of external and internal. This is Bliss.

Sorry for the Late reply. Yes, overly Tamas Dominated life leads to Ignorance. But, if I'm not desiring/interesting in Life, then how can I be reborn? Prarabdha Karma? If I experienced all Karmas in this life itself and never attach to any actions happened/happening/will happen, then how can I be reborn even being Ignorant?

Note - What I mean by Tamasic/Lazy/Sleepy/Ignorance is, not Ignorance about Atman, but uninterested in Worldly Activities. If someone asks me any work/help - I do. But, I don't have any interest to do out of own interest any action (only few now like coming to forums and etc., But it's reducing and more non-interest upon Life increases). Started to see Creativity/Drawings/Paintings/Machines/Science/Knowledge/Songs/Music/Dance/Instruments/Women/Sex/Skin/Objects/Universe/Atoms as Petty things which mind does not going sensitive from the day being touched the bliss. All these creations feeling worthless, one is because of limitations and other it's too little happiness compared to Bliss.

Passion reduces due to this Knowledge of Atman and no other Knowledge, but also Laziness and dis-interest comes upon Life. Not that I'm afraid of Life/work, but interest/passion not comes upon it but ready to help any, if one asks/needs and also if the world is ready to give it because of deserving (Sometimes their own Karma and desires blocks it whatever help done). Time to Renounce?
Old 12-06-2022, 07:27 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
and what exactly is wrong with this? Aside from the fact that the rest of us will tell you you shouldn't?

Old 14-06-2022, 08:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Very much Tamasic I am. Very much Lazy and Sleepy and Uninterested I Am.
Very much ego, and that's not an insult. But what is beyond any perceptions you have of yourself, as in what 'I am' is or is not?

There is a school of thought where there is nothing to do, nowhere to go and nothing to be. There's also the philosophy that because we are here we are already there. Like Palov's Dogs we do things for a reason, so if Spirituality doesn't make you salivate then perhaps it's a dead zone.

Find your passion, there you will find your existence.
Old 14-06-2022, 12:30 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Find your passion, there you will find your existence.

Hi there. Thanks for the post.

To me, Spirituality is just a Knowledge but not a Passionate/Salivating thing. The "Surprising/Astonishing/Extraordinary/Mysterious/Wonder" feeling is much reduced in me, like a Stone fully Blissful I'm passing days (sometimes fall away from Bliss and that too degrading).

Finding My passion, is what I feel very much tough for me to find (Even sometimes I thought there is no passion for me at all? ). I'm very Ignorant about my passion, of what it is.
I feel now that for me, finding/Knowing Atman is not very tough comparing to finding my passion to live, as interest to live gone much away. Only when there is a desire to live/create/experience/new, there will be passion?

Any Job, if one asks me to do it (Sattvic/Good/Dharmic Job), I'm ready to do it, if they are ready to take the risk of placing me in the job (). But, finding a Job or finding something on my own to go and get it or finding what I love to do in this world, I.... Don't know.
Old 14-06-2022, 04:01 PM
Master

feedback

Quote:
We sleep because of Tamas/Ignorance?
Sleep is not something in our 100% control . And is not bad at all . U can search my own posts on (sleep+bliss) where i have described sleep as blissful experience but not due to any specific efforts on our part .It's a gift of God to everyone (probably to illustrate what a blissful refreshing relaxing recharding experience oneness can be) .
Quote:
The word "Prajna" means "Supreme Wisdom/Knowledge". Mandukya verse 6 says Prajna as "Lord and Knower of All" - very Blissful. Is it right to call this Prajna as Ignorance?
Even I dont call it ignorance. You can see my earlier posts . Yes our sleep is induced at when Tamas cells (inactivity ) becomes prominent.

Quote:
I can understand how Advaita (or Ignorant Swami's) made a wrong notion about "Third State", where Upanishads says different and never call it as "Ignorance/Tamas".
Swamis knew this . No swami /acharya's i quoted have made any wrong comentry. Shankaracharya was a disciple of Gaudpadacharya.

Quote:
This Prajna, is not just Sleeping State. It's like a Coating inside even now, very Blissful. You can feel/merge in that "Prajna" even now in Waking state, by just withdrawing all senses and being not conscious of Waking and not conscious of Dream,......This is Bliss.

This is what Swamis i quoted have told, referred , practiced and preached .

Quote:
But, if I'm not desiring/interesting in Life, then how can I be reborn?
Then how would u live also . You keep on acquiring prarabdha whether u do or do not do anything.

Quote:
Note - What I mean by Tamasic/Lazy/Sleepy/Ignorance....
Not that I'm afraid of Life/work, but interest/passion not comes upon it but ready to help any, if one asks/needs and also if the world is ready to give ...

Time to Renounce?
Indeed its very lofty and noble approach .

Are u a self starter ready to work suo moto or only when someone requests you -whether any job or no job . I understand being self starter is always best even for your lofty pursuit.

You appear to have already renounced everything you can renounce . Now is there anything left to renounce.

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 14-06-2022 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Reducing quote lines
Old 14-06-2022, 06:16 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Swamis knew this . No swami /acharya's i quoted have made any wrong comentry. Shankaracharya was a disciple of Gaudpadacharya.

Is it? I'm sorry. I seen in a video of Swami Sarvapriyananda in IIT teaching Mandukya in part 2, and of Gaudapada and Shankara in Mandukya Karika verse 1.1.12

Maybe I misunderstood or all my own false Imaginations or Hallucinations?

But, if you understood, that's enough. Speaking of Swamis and Shankara and Gaudapada - nothing changes.

Quote:
Then how would u live also . You keep on acquiring prarabdha whether u do or do not do anything.

Then what about Karma Yoga? I think you might know that "Agami Karma". Right? When you do action without any need of particular result "Say Zelensky fight for Ukrainians, not for Humanity - not for saving them - not for making a beautiful world - not for peaceful Smooth Life - not against Inhumanity - not against Violence - Not to make Lose Russia - not against Putin - not to support NATO or US, without any results - just his duty as a leader - fights, but ready to accept whatever results and no results disturbs him - neither pleasure nor sufferings", then this Agami Karma will not become a Prarabdha Karma, the Arrow of action will lose it's power due to 'No Seeking'.

Am I/you need something or some person or some change or some experience - to happen or not to happen, to me or to someone? If none, then No Karmic Bondage, No Prarabdha adds but just to face all previous Prarabdha which done with Attachments.

Quote:
You appear to have already renounced everything you can renounce . Now is there anything left to renounce.

Yes. Attachment to Body. There is Fear of Snake/Scorpion, Fear of Animals with Jaws and Claws - which is very much Hungry and in Hunt, Fear of Sudden Movements as a threat to body. When the Animal is same ferocious far away, I feel no Fear. But when it is near, much Fear.

It's like, All renuncement of Grihasta life I faced, but not Vanaprastha.

But, I found a Way. Till My Brother and Parents are Alive, I thought to go a Simple Job and sustain for living (like Vanaprasthas do), but imagine myself in deadly Snake Island or Fierce Animals with Claws (Imagining in Fully Ferocious fighting Animal and Birds and Fish World), and in that Imagination move along by remaining in the right heart (the lotus space) where Bliss is.

In this Manner ( by remaining in Heart), I feel I might overcome this Fear of Sudden Movements/Death and Attachment to Body.
Old 15-06-2022, 04:22 PM
Master

Nishkam karma

Quote:
Then what about Karma Yoga? I think you might know
In this Manner ( by remaining in Heart), I feel I might overcome this Fear of Sudden Movements/Death and Attachment to Body.
I have read about nishkam karma n renunciation.
For me it's a tall order to live your dream life. Wish u good luck.