Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 28-03-2015, 01:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
Nothing starts as a so called Religion, its people who make it such, then they start changing it to suit themselves
Its a bad habit that needs to be broken.

Here is something on the origins - http://www.omilosmeleton.gr/pdf/en/i..._13_2_2013.pdf
Old 29-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Its a bad habit that needs to be broken.

Here is something on the origins - http://www.omilosmeleton.gr/pdf/en/i..._13_2_2013.pdf

I just read quite a few pages of this paper, and it contains information I've been hoping to find for years: hard linguistic and archaeological evidence that the so-called Aryans originated in India and migrated North and West into Europe. An Indian I post on a number of forums with has been making this claim for years, but has never been able to cite the kind of supporting evidence provided in your link.

But I haven't read far enough in the article to find out if it also has information about the racial characteristics of the people who composed the Rig Veda. Were they "white" or "brown"?
Old 29-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Suspended
There is a lot of new information being collected from a genetic, linguistic and archaeological point of view. Yes, the Aryan Invasion Theory needs to be updated but that doesn't mean we should just throw it out of the window. It is now being classed as the Aryan Migration Theory to be more exact - waves of tribes gradually being absorbed into native cultures. Aryan civilisation was and is quite different from Dravidian culture of Southern India (the languages are not even in the same linguistic family).

There has also been some recent research linking ancient languages in the north of India (now classed as Pakistan) with the Indo-European family of languages:

http://www.sci-news.com/otherscience...icle00403.html

Info and full proto Indo-European language chart here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto...opean_language
Old 30-03-2015, 12:45 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoul
There is a lot of new information being collected from a genetic, linguistic and archaeological point of view. Yes, the Aryan Invasion Theory needs to be updated but that doesn't mean we should just throw it out of the window. It is now being classed as the Aryan Migration Theory to be more exact - waves of tribes gradually being absorbed into native cultures. Aryan civilisation was and is quite different from Dravidian culture of Southern India (the languages are not even in the same linguistic family).

There has also been some recent research linking ancient languages in the north of India (now classed as Pakistan) with the Indo-European family of languages:

http://www.sci-news.com/otherscience...icle00403.html

Info and full proto Indo-European language chart here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto...opean_language

Wow! It looks like a lot of new information on this subject has reached the Internet since I last did searches for it over a year ago. I'm going to study all of this and see if it actually sheds important new light on this mysterly.
Old 18-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Experiencer
there is no hard date for its beginning
it was already present in the oldest recorded history we currently know
its oldest scriptures are the vedas which also happen to be the oldest surviving books in existence
i once had a chance to talk with an old foreign professeur of anthropology whose had the chance to read books that dont even exist anymore. she told me that even before the time of the vedas there were books in the region now called the UK called the edas that closely resembled the vedas in content, which could mean many things.
but when youre talking about so long ago its very hard to study online so i dont know the details
• • • • •
Look softer
Breather deeper
Old 27-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
Hi, Can someone please explain to me the origins and time/date? Thank you!
Actually that can't be even explained when was the origin of hindu especially time date.
According to my information, Hinduism can be considered as one of the oldest religion in the world. Hinduism has existed since the beginning of Indian civilization.
It is believed that Lord Brahma, the creator along with the Lord Vishnu, the protector and Lord Shiva, the destroyer, created the universe.
And Lord Brahma created this world and everything that existed in the world.
Old 27-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Suspended
There are different creation narratives. In one well known account, Vishnu is the creator of the universe...
Old 27-07-2015, 02:06 PM
Guide

'Creation' is a poor translation for monistic varieties of Hinduism. (Vedanta, monistic schools of anything else) Emanation is better. In monistic Hinduism, the universe and souls are just extensions of God. So how can God create Himself?

In Vaishnavism, which is the closest to Abrahamic beliefs, 'creation' does work.
Old 27-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoul
Yes, it is hard to determine.. Also, the Aryans who brought the Vedic tradition with them were more than likely coming from outside India at some long lost period of time. The migrations are said to have occurred around 2000 BCE.

The actual traditions and Vedas themselves are older than that.. Then you have the merging with the indigenous traditions and peoples of India at that time....

Historians of religion say that Judaism and Hinduism are the oldest world religions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Ar...gration_theory

There is quite a lot of debate amongst scholars on this topic as Vinayaka mentions.

Judaism is only considered the oldest because of the creation story. It is old as in that regard.

Remember that the father of Judaism was Abraham. Abraham was born during the time of Krishna. Non duality was around long before Krishna, so to say that are both the oldest is not really correct.

http://www.ishafoundation.org/blog/y...he-first-yogi/

In the yogic culture, Shiva is not known as a god, but as the Adiyogi or the first yogi – the originator of yoga. He was the one who first put this seed into the human mind. According to the yogic lore, over fifteen thousand years ago, Shiva attained to his full enlightenment and abandoned himself in an intense ecstatic dance upon the Himalayas. When his ecstasy allowed him some movement, he danced wildly. When it became beyond movement, he became utterly still.

People saw that he was experiencing something that nobody had known before, something that they were unable to fathom. Interest developed and people came wanting to know what this was. They came, they waited and they left because the man was oblivious to other people’s presence. He was either in intense dance or absolute stillness, completely uncaring of what was happening around him. Soon, everyone left…

Except for seven men.

These seven people were insistent that they must learn what this man had in him, but Shiva ignored them. They pleaded and begged him, “Please, we want to know what you know.” Shiva dismissed them and said, “You fools. The way you are, you are not going to know in a million years. There is a tremendous amount of preparation needed for this. This is not entertainment.”

So they started preparing. Day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, they prepared. Shiva just chose to ignore them. On a full moon day, after eighty-four years of sadhana, when the solstice had shifted from the summer solstice to the winter solstice – which in this tradition is known as Dakshinayana – the Adiyogi looked at these seven people and saw that they had become shining receptacles of knowing. They were absolutely ripe to receive. He could not ignore them anymore. They grabbed his attention.

He watched them closely for the next few days and when the next full moon rose, he decided to become a Guru. The Adiyogi transformed himself into the Adi Guru; the first Guru was born on that day which is today known as Guru Pournami. On the banks of Kanti Sarovar, a lake that lies a few kilometers above Kedarnath, he turned South to shed his grace upon the human race, and the transmission of the yogic science to these seven people began. The yogic science is not about a yoga class that you go through about how to bend your body – which every new born infant knows – or how to hold your breath – which every unborn infant knows. This is the science of understanding the mechanics of the entire human system.

After many years, when the transmission was complete, it produced seven fully enlightened beings – the seven celebrated sages who are today known as the Saptarishis, and are worshipped and admired in Indian culture. Shiva put different aspects of yoga into each of these seven people, and these aspects became the seven basic forms of yoga. Even today, yoga has maintained these seven distinct forms.

The Saptarishis were sent in seven different directions to different parts of the world to carry this dimension with which a human being can evolve beyond his present limitations and compulsions. They became the limbs of Shiva, taking the knowing and technology of how a human being can exist here as the Creator himself, to the world. Time has ravaged many things, but when the cultures of those lands are carefully looked at, small strands of these people’s work can be seen, still alive. It has taken on various colors and forms, and has changed its complexion in a million different ways, but these strands can still be seen.

The Adiyogi brought this possibility that a human being need not be contained in the defined limitations of our species. There is a way to be contained in physicality but not to belong to it. There is a way to inhabit the body but never become the body. There is a way to use your mind in the highest possible way but still never know the miseries of the mind. Whatever dimension of existence you are in right now, you can go beyond that – there is another way to live. He said, “You can evolve beyond your present limitations if you do the necessary work upon yourself.” That is the significance of the Adiyogi.
Old 23-08-2015, 09:27 AM
saurabhbansalindia

BIRTH OF HINDUISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
Hi, Can someone please explain to me the origins and time/date? Thank you!

HELLO,
I just joined spritual forum today, this is my first post.

what i got infomration till so far hinduism has no birth, the word has deeper explaination for meaning of entire game of this universe. this is never born and will never die..this is infinite.

i beleive you are not seeking answer of the word called "hinduism" when it created. it is created recenlty in modern sociaity to represnt HINDI.

thanks
saurabh