Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 13-11-2010, 07:57 PM
deepsea

Trance Mediumship.

Now there is something I am very interested in,Trance Mediumship.
I know so few facts about it so can anyone help me out here?

Deepsea.
Old 13-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Experiencer
A little info on Trance Mediumship. This was taken from:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/isil.telemnar/Doublexposure/false_trance_mediumship.htm

TRANCE MEDIUMSHIP: The medium places themselves into a state of deep and tranquil relaxation and allows the spirit of a discarnate entity to enter their corporeal form and use their physical being to directly communicate. This form of communication is quite rare. Mediums that do practice trance most usually channel specific spirits that bring messages of hope and guidance from the world beyond. The medium in trance is protected by their personal spirit guardians who will not permit wicked or malevolent spirits to enter as this would be dangerous. No true medium would allow communication from an evil spirit as this would amount to a misuse of the gift they have been given.

Here is another link on trance mediumship, also other information that you may find interesting :)

http://www.fst.org/trance.htm
Old 14-11-2010, 07:26 AM
deepsea

Thanks so much Tricia,really appreciate the info.
Have saved the link,I have a bare bones knowledge but looking for more all the time.

Deepsea
Old 14-11-2010, 08:33 AM
glenos

My mother was a very accomplished trance medium. The first time I ever saw her at work I couldn't believe my ears and eyes. At one point when I was in attendance I said to myself "Oh my Lord., that isn't my mum!" In her career three different "entities" worked through/with her. I have seen her in trance whilst healing. The power that created in the room was incredible.

G.
Old 14-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Experiencer
Very unique, I must say and quite rare these days :)
Old 14-11-2010, 12:11 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
My mother was a very accomplished trance medium. The first time I ever saw her at work I couldn't believe my ears and eyes. At one point when I was in attendance I said to myself "Oh my Lord., that isn't my mum!" In her career three different "entities" worked through/with her. I have seen her in trance whilst healing. The power that created in the room was incredible.

G.

Interesting Glenos,I suppose at that time you didn't realise what you were seeing.
I remember hearing about such events when I was a teenager but shrugged my shoulders and never thought anything more about it.
Pity.
deepsea
Old 14-11-2010, 12:50 PM
whispers

Not wanting to scaremonger or anything but I also had an interest in this field, among lots of other mediumship. I wanted to see both sides of the coin so to speak and found this very interesting.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Mwd4Q5GRI
Old 14-11-2010, 02:01 PM
glenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Interesting Glenos,I suppose at that time you didn't realise what you were seeing.
I remember hearing about such events when I was a teenager but shrugged my shoulders and never thought anything more about it.
Pity.
deepsea

I realised what I was seeing as I had been around those who were into Spiritualism since the early 1950s (and quite a bit further back than that) but on this particular occasion I thought I had better get myself to my local church and get involved as I had been earmarked for a particular task and it had been mentioned a few times. My old mum was working that night as is often usual the medium had let them down. To see her vibing in as I call it was thus:- Imagine a few too many drinks at a party, you're standing there with your head slowly turning from one side to another feeling phew and woozy. A sharp intake of breath and her face lifted... WHAMO.. there was this face over/in hers. Transfiguration to a point but full trance for sure. And this blokes voice boomed across the hall. I gasped, people gasped. They were here.. Spirit.

Great stuff :0))

Nah, not a pity bud, ya here now. Many of us turning up on SF. It's our tide to turn.
Old 14-11-2010, 04:44 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Now there is something I am very interested in,Trance Mediumship.
I know so few facts about it so can anyone help me out here?

Deepsea.

Another example of trance is that of Maurice Barbanell who was the trance medium used by guide and teacher 'Silver Birch' to communicate information and guidance about life here and life hereafter.

Trance mediumship has the potential for to minimising 'colouration' of any message by avoiding unintended involvement of a medium's ideas, beliefs, prejudices etc.

Probably more widespread than physical mediumship, less common than mental mediumship.
Old 14-11-2010, 04:47 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
I realised what I was seeing as I had been around those who were into Spiritualism since the early 1950s (and quite a bit further back than that) but on this particular occasion I thought I had better get myself to my local church and get involved as I had been earmarked for a particular task and it had been mentioned a few times. My old mum was working that night as is often usual the medium had let them down. To see her vibing in as I call it was thus:- Imagine a few too many drinks at a party, you're standing there with your head slowly turning from one side to another feeling phew and woozy. A sharp intake of breath and her face lifted... WHAMO.. there was this face over/in hers. Transfiguration to a point but full trance for sure. And this blokes voice boomed across the hall. I gasped, people gasped. They were here.. Spirit.

Great stuff :0))

Nah, not a pity bud, ya here now. Many of us turning up on SF. It's our tide to turn.

Nice account glen - good to hear your account of your mum's mediumship. Transfiguration too....

Would that there were more of both.