Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 14-11-2010, 10:24 PM
glenos

Yikes, fantastic what a story! Hair standing on end...
Old 15-11-2010, 04:13 AM
santacruz18

Maybe someone can explain to me how seeing a spirit only from the "corner" of your eye works. (But not straight on)
Old 15-11-2010, 04:24 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Now there's an interesting concept,Summerland
Spirit walk among us.

Now my hubby and I used to discuss this among our many conversations about the afterlife.

Now he reckoned they can be seen,but only by certain eyes.
He remarked more than once that he knew the difference between a spirit person and one of us.

I asked once how he knew and he could only say there was a difference about them that stood out but couldn't explain it clearly.
He always told me don't think every person you pass in the street or through a crowded shop is of our dimension.
They do mingle.

Ken,my hubby had the most unusual eyes,very penetrating and far seeing.
Friends used to remark upon his eyes,not that they made anyone feel uncomfortable,but always his eyes could see through to the soul.
Deepsea

Deep Sea, I have a friend who even said "Hi, how are you?" to a doctor walking off of my unit. The doctor turned, looked at him, confused and walked on THROUGH the closed door. So was the doctor confused because he didn't see anyone talking to him,but only HEARD a voice or did the doctor looked confused because he was aware that he was deand and didn't think he could be seen? I believe that it was the first ; he couldn't see the person saying "Hi" to him. Maybe it is that the dimensions are thinner in some places or thinner for some people.
"Heaven" is supposed to be nearly on the same plane as our own plane and maybe they overlap in places and we get glimpses of each other. Or even multi-dimensions. The spirits that I have seen are defintely people that have not moved on. But what if this doctor was from an alternate dimension~~~
Old 15-11-2010, 04:57 AM
deepsea

Hi Summerland.
Spirit are right next door,if I can put it that way.
Just a hairsbreath away.
They mingle with our lives,more than you realise.
Ever read the book 'What dreams may come?'
There was a lot of research done in writing that book.
Move was rubbish but book,great.
There was a scene in the book where this guy dies,wanders the corridors of the hospital,speaks to various staff and wonders why he receives no replies.
Remincient of your doctor?

Deepsea.
Old 15-11-2010, 07:02 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Hi Summerland.
Spirit are right next door,if I can put it that way.
Just a hairsbreath away.
They mingle with our lives,more than you realise.
Ever read the book 'What dreams may come?'
There was a lot of research done in writing that book.
Move was rubbish but book,great.
There was a scene in the book where this guy dies,wanders the corridors of the hospital,speaks to various staff and wonders why he receives no replies.
Remincient of your doctor?

Deepsea.

Oh, deepsea, that is my all time favorite book (other than Greg Bradden's "The Divine Matrix") !! I bought 6 copies; one for myself and one for each of my children. I enjoyed the movie, but the book lets you get inside of peoples heads.
I remember that scene, but this was a bit reversed. My friend actually saw what he assumed to a live human body, that then walked thru a locked door.
Someone else brought up ,ulti-dimensions and I wonder how much that does play into 'sightings' I avoid the MRI machine area as when I walk past it I always have the oddest sensation of being out of sync, as if I am walking with one foot in this reality and the other foot not quite here. Then you can start getting into quantum theory, brane theory, string theory, etc....
Old 15-11-2010, 03:06 PM
deepsea

I'm back! One of those days.
Didn't they make a movie of that book, 'The Matrix'?
I must make a point of reading that.
Thanks Summerland.
Old 15-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Summerland

Quote:
I'm back! One of those days.
Didn't they make a movie of that book, 'The Matrix'?
I must make a point of reading that.
Thanks Summerland.

No deepsea, "The Matrix" movie is entirely different. "The Divine Matrix " is a book by Gregg Bradden. You can find him on youtube talking about it and many other subjects. He is extremely smart and explains string theory and quantum mechanics on a level that nearly everyone can understand. His book, "Fractal Time" is good but took several times for me to try to read it. I would start reading and give up. The last time that I picked it up and started reading it was like"Oh, NOW I get it!!" I have lent my book to several people to read and every one of them was amazed by his revelations. You may think that quantum mechanics would be boring, but it is truly fascinating to realize that we can affect an outcome simply by observing it. Excellent reading!
Old 15-11-2010, 03:19 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
No deepsea, "The Matrix" movie is entirely different. "The Divine Matrix " is a book by Gregg Bradden. You can find him on youtube talking about it and many other subjects. He is extremely smart and explains string theory and quantum mechanics on a level that nearly everyone can understand. His book, "Fractal Time" is good but took several times for me to try to read it. I would start reading and give up. The last time that I picked it up and started reading it was like"Oh, NOW I get it!!" I have lent my book to several people to read and every one of them was amazed by his revelations. You may think that quantum mechanics would be boring, but it is truly fascinating to realize that we can affect an outcome simply by observing it. Excellent reading!

Um,that has got me interested now.
Taken the name down and author.
Same as you,when you mentioned quatum mechanics,I froze!
Old 15-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Moon Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruz18
Maybe someone can explain to me how seeing a spirit only from the "corner" of your eye works. (But not straight on)

Hey santacruz,
This is an extremely simplified answer but basically it's all to do with the physical make up of your eye. Your eye is made up by different types of cells - cone cells in the middle, and rod cells around the outside. These different types of cells have different resoultion qualities and can pick up on different light spectrums which is why we generally get the 'corner of the eye' phenomenom.

Hope this helps!

Moon Willow